I finally got PKed! (sorta, while trying to help my evil girlfriend)

WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Congratulations to Templar for unknowingly being the one to finally fulfill the bounty my girlfriend put on my head! Good job, sir!

Unfortunately, I don't have the Battle Packs anymore that I was planning to give to whoever PK'd me first. The plan was I was going to ask my eventual killer to take 5 Battle Packs to Foxxy_Liz (my gf's alt character) for the reward. I don't know if they'd have actually done it, but it would have been funny either way.

In the end, it wouldn't have mattered though, because Templar took off before I figured out what happened.

See, I was trying to be a good boyfriend by helping my girlfriend kill a bunch of bosses. First I went all macho by pretty much soloing Suzzerix for her before the rest of our squad got there. Yay me!

Then we went off and killed Jewelscalen, who, I'd just like to point out, was a real sissy and no threat at all to our lvl ~65ish group of 4 (+ also a passing lvl. 50 wizard). One weird thing, though was that Foxxy_Liz suddenly fell over dead without warning just moments after I took a screenshot showing just how much of a no-threat Jewelscalen was. Weird that. Must have been a server glitch or something.

Anyway, so then we were off to kill Vriddis. He takes a long time to spawn and I soon realized our group would have to wait because there was a Sage Barbarian named Templar already there with his own group. When you're a lvl. 62 in PK mode and you see a little white fairy circling another Barbarian who's also in PK mode, you let him go first. It's a rule of thumb that helps you keep your thumbs.

So we waited and waited and waited and eventually the nice white-named Barb asked if anybody else needed Vriddis. I said we had 2 who needed him, and he said anybody who needed could send a self-invite. Nice, decent, fellow that Templar.

My girlfriend leaves our squad and joins, as does the lvl 50 wizard we'd just met. Vriddis appears and the fight starts. I wait a bit for the damage to start racking up on Vriddis, then figure I might as well help my girlfriend's squad out by being a free punching bag and trying to block his AOE attack. So I run up, hit him with Flesh Ream to draw aggro, then Alacrity to block his AOE attack, then I stop attacking.

Wow, I think to myself, I don't remember him doing this much damage last time I tanked him. Maybe he's just getting a bunch of lucky hits?

A few seconds pass and I realize my charm has ticked. Wha?! I decide to run, but I can't move.

Dead.

I'm totally puzzled, and say so. But then I check the damage history:

"Templar deals 1096 damage"
"Vriddis Stormhorn deals 837 damage"
"Cannot perform this action while dead"

Bwahahahaha! No wonder Vriddis was suddenly able to kick my ****. Technically, Vriddis killed me and not Templar, so I wasn't actually PKed, but who cares?

The moral of the story: Always let the nice helpful higher-level Barbarians know that you're not a kill-stealer, but that you're just trying to be helpful.

I suppose I should also congratulate my evil girlfriend. While it wasn't what she had originally planned, she did have the honour of me being killed by somebody on her squad who was "protecting" her kill. It seems to have given her much delight, and I think it's pretty funny too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your girlfriend wants you dead?

Seriously, dude, You have some weird **** love dude...

Like... really really weird.

I mean there's like at least 3 threads about wanting your girlfriend dead and your girlfriend wanting you dead b:cute....

Anyhow, I"m surprised you still like your girlfriend... and she likes you.. (well dead)
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ... Grats

Move to a PvP server and I guarantee it'll happen alot more b:victory
    You'll get your jollies x10
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I mean there's like at least 3 threads about wanting your girlfriend dead and your girlfriend wanting you dead b:cute....

Anyhow, I"m surprised you still like your girlfriend... and she likes you.. (well dead)

Pulse is optional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2009

What? There are posts where he is wanting me dead? Nuuuuuu...... b:sad

It cannot be? b:surrender
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    omg, you just made my day. I can't believe you sound so happy knowing that your girlfriend is practically enjoying your death, I don't think I would've reacted the way you did if that were me xD
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Uh.... thanks for wasting my time?
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First of all, I am really sorry for pking you.

Anyone who knows me knows that I rarely pk. I wasn't even in pk mode before hand. I was just trying to help people I know there and since you didn't join us ( and i saw some other people behind you ) when you started using aggro skills I thought you were trying to ks us.

I didnt have 15 more minutes to wait for the next spawn, I didn't want to have someone else steal the Boss, and I didn't want it dragged into other people because it was AoE.

Again I offer my apologies. I hope you understand.
  • Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tl;dr
    ya'rly
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009

you should look up his other posts for the back history b:laugh

great story, keep on writing b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    theres a bounty on your head >:)??
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    so like why are you with a girl if shes evil and you want each other dead?
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    First of all, I am really sorry for pking you.
    Not a problem at all! The whole misunderstanding was entirely my fault. In retrospect, it's obvious to me now that I should have said what I was going to do, and that your response to my ill-though-out actions was completely logical and reasonable.

And thanks for inviting the people in our squad who needed Vriddis to join you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    theres a bounty on your head >:)??
    There was. My girlfriend kept asking people to PK me and bring her the Battle Packs I was carrying. If somebody had PKed me, I was planning to drop 5 of them and tell them to take them to her. I don't know if they would have, of course, but it would have been funny to try. b:laugh

But then the big sale on Battle Packs came last Sunday and we finally got enough to get her Nix/Herc, so I'd already given them all to her.
    so like why are you with a girl if shes evil and you want each other dead?
    Nah, I don't want her dead, she hates dying in the game. But I like a challenge and don't mind her trying.

And she's really just the Diet Coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The Diet Coke of evil ROFL. That line just made my day. b:pleased
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i would take them if u asked me b:chuckle
  • Akutskisan - Lost City
    Akutskisan - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i need a girlfriend any tips man im open for anything that might help (in game)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Holy thread necro batman!

~S

*fake edit* dangit I can't sleep!
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ack! Zombies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.