advantage of sword BM?

2»

Comments

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Indeed. I've been experimenting switching weapons too during moves such as I start Dragon Bash (physical damage+stun) but when character jumps off ground I switch weapons and when strike falls it's already sword I'm holding. And couple of other moves I've been experimenting as well. It's relatively easy to switch weapons because while casting & performing the move takes a second, weapon-switch is instant.
    When starting hybrid path I didn't like the idea of having to click during battle even more just to switch weapons. But now I'm used to it and it takes no extra time.

So the area of 2 weapon paths combined and weapon switch during fights looks more and more promising. And there's no way I'm quitting sword- I'm too much sucker for critical hits. (Though I stole aggro 2 times from LV60+ tiger-form barb inside Wraithgate...and died. That's what double-spark eruption plus too frequent lucky critical hits may cause)
  • davijohans
    davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BTW, its really badass when my toon hits with the sword, then does a back hook kick (when I swith to fists) then return to another sword hit (when I switch to sword again lol).

BTW, just curios if anyone has a use for mage bane? I'm thinking to combine it with shadowless kick.

I mean, the magic attack cycle from mobs is very close to the cooldown of shadowless kick. Therefore, you cant use it to block the next mag attack.

Saying that, if mage bane its applied a bit before the next attack, this will increase the casting time of the mob, making more viable to use shadowless kick again to block that attack.

I have not tried, I always forget it and besides, not sure if using spark is worth it (I;m better with drake bash since it will stunt and do the same effect).

but what about if mage bane works on bosses (drake bash does not stunt bosses)? Again you could increase casting time to make shadowless kick to block the next attack.

i dun use that skill at all atm, even it might be nice for some pk cases.
    saying that, i will go deamon (in like 10+lvls) and it gets a aoe ability, i kow its dmg is nice so when ill get that ill max the bane and use it.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    davijohans wrote: »
    i dun use that skill at all atm, even it might be nice for some pk cases.
    saying that, i will go deamon (in like 10+lvls) and it gets a aoe ability, i kow its dmg is nice so when ill get that ill max the bane and use it.

I think the aoe range is like 3 meters >.>

Hardly even qualifies as an aoe
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The sage version of shadowless kick has a reduced cooldown to 10 seconds (according to ecatombs)...that is fast enough to totally cancel out some bosses.

I use all four weapons, sword is my primary weapon out of all of them. I like the attack speed and dd capability of the sword. More dd than axes, and more attack speed, giving you more chances to hit enemies with very high dodge, not to mention the higher dex also lets u do this (spear is similarly good but i still like the attack speed, and i enjoy the later blades).

Fists will hit the best accuracy wise, but i prefer doing alot more damage per hit, so generally i use fists either to gain chi quickly, shadowless, or when i max it use fist aoe to always attack 12% faster with everything else, as well as help close any gaps in my aoe looping. Sword ultimate is simply amazing, it will save yours and many squad member's lives if used correctly.

Axes i of course use for aoe, in combination with spear and generally the sword super, as well as fist aoe. If lined up correctly for meteor rush and fan of flames I never have to wait for another aoe attack to cooldown, its just an endless barrage.

Swords are also pretty cheap to grind with, slower exp wise, and less profitable, but cheap, they are very good at killing one mob at a time. Naturally, if i want to aoe train i use my axes primary and all other 3 weapons to supplement them.

I will admit mage bane is useless, i waste my sparks on drake bash over that or sutra. Especially with genies melee classes are harder to kill, therfore supplying drake bash with chi becomes problematic, aside from stunlocking i hate axes in pvp vs other melee classes, and if you use all your chi doing it u wont outlast (at least in duel, pk probably lasts forever considering charms and genies). Axes do have high spike damage with berserk, giving them ko ability; however, sword tree also has berserk on TT99 blade mirage scimitar, a different kind of berserk in fact. Read linked info about it to know.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14809

The side effect of this can be easily averted with stun, if they cant attack you then it dosent hurt u, and you get multiple attacks in this state as far as i know, deadly if you have activated something like dragon bane already(with proper purification items/clerics of course). It also gives you time to say, myriad your enemy while berserked, or activate spark eruption...painful i must say, and really works out well to finish someone off.

A sweet combo i thought up would be while having dragon bane on ( 30 second duration and puify assumed with items) if you activate ability, do 3rd level spark eruption (+500% or more damage), then while invincible, on 3rd second, use cloud burst (amazing genie skill, gives u up to 2 sparks instantly, your enemy 100 chi also, works in pve also, turns your genie into a portable chi generator), then drake bash your enemy (so they cant take advantage of reduced defense)...then hammer away with normal attacks, reason for normal attacks is if duration of effect is 10 seconds u get 4-6 of them in, at 35+% crit, dealing double + 500% damage...OUCH, and if the drake bash crits your enemy will simply be reeling from it.

Sword also gives me two ranged attacks to work with (spirit chaser and myriad). Using spear, sword and drakes ray i can almost continuously range attack something. Plus a ranged super attack...once again myriad is just beastly. And smack at 79 gives you ranged sealing abilities on top of this. Spear is of course the king of reach, but you need all the ranged special attacks you can get being a melee class.

Atmos strike is useful to either escape, hit huge damage in pvp, or totally skrew over melee mobs in combination with slow/ranged attacks. Oceans edge and atmos work well together.

Level 100 skill requires sword/blade to use as well.

For my play style i like swords stat distribution as well, at level 92 i will be able to wield TT90 blade, TT90 spear, TT80 axes, and TT80 fists, thus allowing me to use all of their abilities combined to kick some ****. (expensive on spirit and cash but i love it). Spears would work similarly, save axes and fists would switch when you could wield them (higher str vs lower dex, for me 80 axes i can use at 87, and fists at 92).

Overall using all trees will make you better than using a single tree, they all have some sort of use, i just use sword for my main weapon, the others mostly for special attacks. b:victory

lol first post on forums yay...hope some of this helps.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Swords are also pretty cheap to grind with, slower exp wise, and less profitable, but cheap, they are very good at killing one mob at a time. Naturally, if i want to aoe train i use my axes primary and all other 3 weapons to supplement them.

I agree with your post but I want to highlight this part, as this is one of the reason of using sword.

I do think that for a single melee mob: bleed, slowdown, knockback and range skills (add bow if you want). you can kill a mob really cheap, even high level ones.

So, you hit and dont get hit.

For magic mobs I stay on fists.
  • davijohans
    davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree with your post but I want to highlight this part, as this is one of the reason of using sword.

I do think that for a single melee mob: bleed, slowdown, knockback and range skills (add bow if you want). you can kill a mob really cheap, even high level ones.

So, you hit and dont get hit.

For magic mobs I stay on fists.

most of the mobs (at ur lvl) will range u with magic once u knock em back, and ur mag def sux so thats not the stradegy i use for mobs, i just stay close.
    if a mobs hits hard magic ill use the stuns, ans skills to kill faster ( at mana coast) if its noraml range magic- close melee, i just take the initial mag dmg, not the end of the world, and i use only the normal swords hit to charge the sutras sparks, if a nob is increased in life or defence i use the spark to hit harder. simple, cheap and effective
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    davijohans wrote: »
    most of the mobs (at ur lvl) will range u with magic once u knock em back, and ur mag def sux so thats not the stradegy i use for mobs, i just stay close.
    if a mobs hits hard magic ill use the stuns, ans skills to kill faster ( at mana coast) if its noraml range magic- close melee, i just take the initial mag dmg, not the end of the world, and i use only the normal swords hit to charge the sutras sparks, if a nob is increased in life or defence i use the spark to hit harder. simple, cheap and effective

Read my post, for magic mobs. I;m saying to use fists.

I would never knockback a magic mob.

The fight I do it on fists with this skills: leap back, shadowless kick, roar of the pride, drake bash and aeolian blade.

I only use axes for a bit for drake bash. I rarely get hit with magic.

I'm so confident on this, that I have marrow physical on at all the times.

BTW. I never take initial mag attack (I take it by mistake sometimes). I dont see any reason why to take it if I can cancell it with 15 chi by using Leap back.b:shocked
  • Jaemin - Sanctuary
    Jaemin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hehehe...are my two cents really necessary? Anyway, my personal experience as a PvP Blade BM build (works pretty well), I became a hybrid in the 70s after the traumatizing experience of grinding through the swamp...That is to say, I didn't change my build, but used axes my strength would allow. Now, this is where I started to see a difference. An equal sword and an equal axe (let's say TT 70 sword and axe no plus no socket), the way you look at it, you would think the axe would be better even for 1v1 due to the higher damage. A sword requires much more dex than axes and axes require *much* more str than swords. What comes with dex is an increase in evasion, accuracy, crit rate, and ranged dmg. What comes with str is obviously more dmg and a very slight increase to def. Even with acc shards to raise your accuracy 200 for an axe BM a sword BM could raise his dmg likewise. However, what makes the sword better for 1v1 is that the only skills axes get are AOEs, which are slow to cast and have a relatively long cooldown. A sword BM in 1v1 would go somewhat like Aeolian Blade>Roar>Atmos>Draw Blood>Ocean>Aeolian or something like that in THAT amount of time. An axe BM in the same amount of time could afford Roar>Cleave>Fissure>maybe something quick. Do you see where I'm getting at for 1v1? Axe BMs can do Aeolian>Roar>Drake>Draw Blood>Ocean>Aeolian but OBVIOUSLY Atmos does WAYYY more dmg than Drake's Ray in that substitution. And if you're going to talk about dmg spike, please refer to what I said before about sword BMs putting attack gems and axe BMs putting acc gems (if an axe BM put attack gems then he would miss pretty bad...). Of course, there's always Misty Ring...but not everyone's that rich...There's my point for 1v1. From my experiences, I almost always beat axes my level or just a few above, and a close win/lose with dex BMs, haven't really seen many poles much less fought with them. I lose against archers (damn kiters!), sometimes against wizards (are they nuke or not?), sometimes against venos (LA sometimes win, heavy almost never), almost always win against clerics (though there are those rare pure magic builds...), and win against barbs, but in all respect dueling and PvPing has to do with the skill of the combatants, build, gear, etc. etc. you get the picture.

For AOE, AXES AXES AXES <3<3<3<3<3<3<3.

Made my leveling life SOOOOOOO much easier SOOOOOOOOO much easier and fun. Although I have to admit for doing the most dmg in one hit axes win out.

Almost forgot my input about fist BMs. Well...they're harder to level than sword BMs but in PvP or duels against other classes (not BM) like archer, cleric, etc. they rock.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Hehehe...are my two cents really necessary? Anyway, my personal experience as a PvP Blade BM build (works pretty well), I became a hybrid in the 70s after the traumatizing experience of grinding through the swamp...That is to say, I didn't change my build, but used axes my strength would allow. Now, this is where I started to see a difference. An equal sword and an equal axe (let's say TT 70 sword and axe no plus no socket), the way you look at it, you would think the axe would be better even for 1v1 due to the higher damage. A sword requires much more dex than axes and axes require *much* more str than swords. What comes with dex is an increase in evasion, accuracy, crit rate, and ranged dmg. What comes with str is obviously more dmg and a very slight increase to def. Even with acc shards to raise your accuracy 200 for an axe BM a sword BM could raise his dmg likewise. However, what makes the sword better for 1v1 is that the only skills axes get are AOEs, which are slow to cast and have a relatively long cooldown. A sword BM in 1v1 would go somewhat like Aeolian Blade>Roar>Atmos>Draw Blood>Ocean>Aeolian or something like that in THAT amount of time. An axe BM in the same amount of time could afford Roar>Cleave>Fissure>maybe something quick. Do you see where I'm getting at for 1v1? Axe BMs can do Aeolian>Roar>Drake>Draw Blood>Ocean>Aeolian but OBVIOUSLY Atmos does WAYYY more dmg than Drake's Ray in that substitution. And if you're going to talk about dmg spike, please refer to what I said before about sword BMs putting attack gems and axe BMs putting acc gems (if an axe BM put attack gems then he would miss pretty bad...). Of course, there's always Misty Ring...but not everyone's that rich...There's my point for 1v1. From my experiences, I almost always beat axes my level or just a few above, and a close win/lose with dex BMs, haven't really seen many poles much less fought with them. I lose against archers (damn kiters!), sometimes against wizards (are they nuke or not?), sometimes against venos (LA sometimes win, heavy almost never), almost always win against clerics (though there are those rare pure magic builds...), and win against barbs, but in all respect dueling and PvPing has to do with the skill of the combatants, build, gear, etc. etc. you get the picture.

For AOE, AXES AXES AXES <3<3<3<3<3<3<3.

Made my leveling life SOOOOOOO much easier SOOOOOOOOO much easier and fun. Although I have to admit for doing the most dmg in one hit axes win out.

Almost forgot my input about fist BMs. Well...they're harder to level than sword BMs but in PvP or duels against other classes (not BM) like archer, cleric, etc. they rock.

Watch out for Lynduras's followersb:chuckle
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's not like hybrid are placing points into magic, we all have the same # of attribute points per level. Axe/Polearm hybrid needs 3 str and 1 dex every level, the other point can go into vit or dex, i really don't see how that puts us at a disadvantage.
    Axe/Polearm hybrid: 5 points every level, 3 str, 1 dex, 1 free
    Sword: 5 points every level, 2.5 Str (unless you wanna go light armor then 2 str), 1.5 Dex, 1 free
    Ignoring the axe vs. sword argument for a sec and looking at axe/polearm hybrid vs. axe
    Axe/Polearm hybrid: 5 points every level, 3 str, 1 dex, 1 free
    Axe: 5 points every level, 3 str, 0.5 dex, 1.5 free
    Really not that much of a difference point wise, and axe/polearm gets the benefit of a larger range of skills.
    Also it's kind of funny that you're so proud of the fact that you're pro at pvp in a game where pvp is more influenced by the equipment that you wear and your stats than your actual skill. If you're good at pvp then props to you, but when your arguments are centered around the fact that you're in a pvp server in a game where pvp is 75% stats and 25% skill it means you really have nothing else to be proud of. In other games where pvp is mostly skill related a lvl 1 can beat a well equipped lvl 40; Perfect World is definitely more pve centered than pvp. Stop acting all high and mighty if you're good at pvp (i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt), it's like saying you're the smartest student at a community college.
    I am just speaking my mind, I am Sorry if it's too much for you to handle D:

As for the past post, never said I was pro. I leave that for others to say. And when it comes to me being picky as to where I place the points, with STR the more you have the more you get with each point. Also, Crit is important..With a cookie cutter build, that's the lazy way to do things. Those few points you could change up may make a diff. ;D I have 13% crit rate and can't wait for more. Yes, as a sword BM you need to do as much as you can to get a GOOD weapon. It helps major, although if you can play your character you'd be fine with an npc or 2*. I reaaaally hope to keep seeing more Sword BM's out there, same with FistMasters (LOL). b:pleased I've actually recommended two new players to go the path of axes, I'd ask them some questions and figure it would fit them well. I'm not closed-minded, cocky, or anything for that matter. I never said Sh$$ bout myself being leet sword god or anything. I just see that if someone would appear with skills and real good gear as a sword BM, then they would be one hell of a powerful guy. Mhmm Dex BM, 30% Crit % lvl 9X w/ FireLotus / DarkSlayers +8 I just wet myself.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    BTW the baddest NPCs in the entire game use sword.b:pleased

Old sword men. the guys who kill all the mobs inside the dungeons.b:chuckle

Just give him wine and he will get the job done for you lol
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    BTW the baddest NPCs in the entire game use sword.b:pleased

Old sword men. the guys who kill all the mobs inside the dungeons.b:chuckle

Just give him wine and he will get the job done for you lol

lmao Good point!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    extraordinary good point, if he uses swords, it must be for a good reason xD.

for my part, i use all the 4 weps as well, sword its my main because it deals the beast average dmg plus the build let you use spear of your same lvl and axes and fist just one lvl lower. b:victory
  • Kea - Harshlands
    Kea - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    im also a sword bm usually when i lvl i do 2 in str and 2 in dex and 1 in vit and it works well. as for sword of choice i made a 3 star +2 kan and li dual swords with 2 sockets and a few garnets. and so far even thought atp is slower than single sword i havent found a sword or anything that comes close to it at my lvl although id say its a wip hehe not finished with it yet.

as for the oppinions of every single post so far im gonna try out a sword/axe/polearm hybrid. lol i already accidentl got all teh lvl 1 skills for the other trees lol
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    im also a sword bm usually when i lvl i do 2 in str and 2 in dex and 1 in vit and it works well. as for sword of choice i made a 3 star +2 kan and li dual swords with 2 sockets and a few garnets. and so far even thought atp is slower than single sword i havent found a sword or anything that comes close to it at my lvl although id say its a wip hehe not finished with it yet.

as for the oppinions of every single post so far im gonna try out a sword/axe/polearm hybrid. lol i already accidentl got all teh lvl 1 skills for the other trees lol

I've actually grown to prefer Single blade over dual blade for pvp. I see why they give more options for the Single blades. I think I may secrifice 400ish damage to keep the HH90 instead of 99 darkslayers: ibliteration or w/e. Kinda hard though, pro's and cons :S (More pro's by far)
  • Kea - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    I've actually grown to prefer Single blade over dual blade for pvp. I see why they give more options for the Single blades. I think I may secrifice 400ish damage to keep the HH90 instead of 99 darkslayers: ibliteration or w/e. Kinda hard though, pro's and cons :S (More pro's by far)

lol considering the bonuses i get its even harder max phys attack +49 dex +4 and vit +2
  • guacanagarix
    guacanagarix Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BTW, the NPC's using axes and poleblade are the guardsb:laugh
  • Kea - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    BTW, the NPC's using axes and poleblade are the guardsb:laugh

from what i read no single weapon is good at everything a mixture is the best course
  • TheTruper - Lost City
    TheTruper - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This may or may not matter at this point....but it seems like every time I get in an fb or bh, we get to the boss, and everyone starts saying "Truper, do dragon! Do dragon!"

WTF!?

a) it's called Heaven's Flame
    b) I'm a sword BM can't you see that!?

And then when I do Myriad Sword Stance they ask if it's a genie skill...or think it's an archer's barrage.

This leads me to believe that a lot of people in-game have no clue about the different bm weapons and skills...

so sad....QQ
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dex-based Axe BM like myself would have,

5850hp
    2780 accuracy
    +Calamity

That > All sword BM
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    This may or may not matter at this point....but it seems like every time I get in an fb or bh, we get to the boss, and everyone starts saying "Truper, do dragon! Do dragon!"

WTF!?

a) it's called Heaven's Flame
    b) I'm a sword BM can't you see that!?

And then when I do Myriad Sword Stance they ask if it's a genie skill...or think it's an archer's barrage.

This leads me to believe that a lot of people in-game have no clue about the different bm weapons and skills...

so sad....QQ

That has happened to me so many times but so you know. The entire role of the BM is based on axes.

Even when the situation suggest that another built (weapon/skills) might be better for that particular case. they would not understand what you are doing on or still think you are noob.

Myriad is my favorite skill, I would never trade it for flames (even though I have it too for rare situations).
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dex-based Axe BM like myself would have,

5850hp
    2780 accuracy
    +Calamity

That > All sword BM

How about actually posting some relevant and informative stuff instead of bragging about your mediocre stats?

The advantage of a sword BM would be having the strongest 2 spark skill (initial damage-wise), having an extra ranged skill, and having good single target damage. However from experience pvping against Sword BMs I feel that their advantages don't warrant going pure sword path. Axes have dragon and stunlock, Poles have range, fists have good dps, sword isn't unique enough for me at least to go only sword. Even though my main weapon is axe, please ignore people who think that axes are the only weapon bms can actually use and who think that having 5.9k hp at lvl 80 makes them super pro.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    bad fish filet.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • mjlegacy
    mjlegacy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've actually been a sword BM since I began playing PWI about 3 months ago. From lvl 1 up to where I am now (lvl 19 about to do my FB19 on Sanctuary) I have worked with swords to strong success. A few keys I have had to succeed is what friends who play the game teach me. I've found at least for me that a combo of Tiger Maw, Draw Blood, Drake's Ray (to start an opponent ranged and then let him into the proverbial Cuisenart) and Stream Strike along with normal strikes have done all I need them to do at this point. Also just picked up Aeolian Blade which oughta be real fun to work with. Yeah I need and have learned to play careful and smart cause I have learned getting double or tripled by enemies as a sword BM, not so fun but I learned that quickly and didn't have to die once to understand it. It's also completing the right quests to get the right equipment for a sword BM that makes the difference. The blades I'm using: a quest reward I got a couple of levels back and they are doing right by me so far. I know they'll need to be upgraded again soon but so be it.

Other things I learned is how to distribute your attribute pts as a sword BM. A couple of tips: keep a surplus. Don't spend every point you get right away on a level up. I don't. I only spend on strength and dex when my armor or weapons need it there as a requirement. Otherwise I save them. And when I have more than 20 attribute points, put all except a bank of 20 of them into vitality. This keeps life up to a reasonably high level and will keep you alive more often than not. Also never place a single attribute point into Magic as a BM. Nothing more need be said about the last tip. But I'm writing this to say I've had a good experience as a sword BM and will likely end up a sword BM in the end. That is all and until next time I am out!
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My Xen is a single sword user. Has been from the very start. I've beaten all classes my lvl/lvls and all the different weapon users in my class in duels. I can solo with Xen unless I gotta do FB29 and above. Guess what? Xen isn't even statted right for a single sword use! If Lyndura saw my BM's stats they would have a fit of rage lol! I admit I've dueled with alot of people who didnt stat their characters right. Worse than me! Like "I wanna be an AXE Cleric" bad! In the end it's what you enjoy playing you as. b:bye
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I use swords and favor dual blades (more base dmg), however make your BM your own. I didn't want to be copy and paste axe user and poleblade just looks weird to me honestly. My vit right now w/out add ons is 71, (first char so did some nub stuff :P) dex is lower than it should be imo(110 no adds). however once i hit 60 i started adding in 6 points in str every 2 lvls. This has helped me out tremendously. my vit gives me alot more hp than bm's my lvl (at 4.3K) so i can take most users of any path on and kill them b4 then can kill me. yeah sword uli is pro however if not lvl'd u better off double sparking. I use drake's bash over mage bane because if u can stun lock a magic mob then no point in slowing thier channeling down. (yes u can stun lock w/ any path if u use drakes bash. maxed alonein+roar+drakes=all BM stuns until 89) basically make ur BM ur own and have a blast w/ it.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agreee, sword bm's take skill and knowing your character and skills to play well. Done right. they outright own more than any other BM type and can aoe well enough to speed up grinding a bit. We can be lethal in PvP.b:surrender People just don't understand us

We do understand you , I love to "understand" sword BMs with stunlock. b:bye

Axes > Swords.

P.S. I'm a 6 str / 4 dex Axe build. If any Sword BM around my level wants to prove me wrong , PM me in the game.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agreee, sword bm's take skill and knowing your character and skills to play well. Done right. they outright own more than any other BM type and can aoe well enough to speed up grinding a bit. We can be lethal in PvP.b:surrender People just don't understand us

all classes take skill and knowing their char and skills to play well.

swords have the LEAST amounts of aoe skills of all 4 weapons, and pole has the same skills as sword, just pole has further range, hits harder, and actually can aoe

and it looks like one of those ppl that doesn't understand them is u
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Swords beat every single other weapon 1 vs 1. They are a 1 vs 1 weapon. To everyone saying they do less damage, obviously you have not leveled their skill tree at all. Their base damage maybe somewhat lower, but their skills deal greater damage than the other 3 weapons. They just can not AoE nearly as well. The extra stun is nice, but is irrelevant against other BM's because any BM worth his salt will know how to use Will'o'B. Dragons is a nice ultimate. The def debuff is nice to help your party do extra damage. Solo though, it will only help you if you need to AoE. 1 vs 1, double spark will always do more damage than ANY of the skill tree ultimates.

In PvE, Swords is no less useful than Dragons on bosses. It does 2x the damage that dragons does and the atk debuff protects the tanks from taking damage and the entire party from taking too much AoE.

/Thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]