I think I was just FB ****

masterdeveloper
masterdeveloper Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok so I'm walking along and this dude asks me if I have done my LVL 19 Call of Duty? I say no and he says he and some friends can help me with it, I say sure and follow him, he calls his buddies and we start, I am instructed not to do anything, and to stay away and not attack anyone, we go through and they are bragging about finishing in only 6 minutes, then they split leaving me in there all alone, and I never got anything out of the whole deal, except for picking up one xenobeast blood.. I thought there was supposed to be weapons and stuff.. IDK what the heck just happened.. but yea I got killed trying to get back out by myself... so are there gangs of high lvls that sit out there waiting to **** unsuspecting noobs? or was that all there is to it?
Post edited by masterdeveloper on

Comments

• Shoesicle - Heavens Tear
    Shoesicle - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sounds like you had a group of jackasses. A proper group will let you have ALL the drops from the boss, now keep in mind tho, sometimes the fb bosses only drop coin, not always cool weapons and armor etc. also a good group will wait with you for a minute or two for you to teleport out to make sure you dont go back in the dugeon and get killed.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just learn to say "no"
    and do this b:beatenup

C'mon its a tough world out there
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol 6 minutes. Terrible squad.

Yes unfortunately there are some people out there that act like this. Drops *should* always go to the tabber, at least useful gear. There are plenty of squads out there that adhere to this unwritten rule, hopefully at 29 you have a better experience, and by 39 are a member of a decent faction so you don't have to *get lucky* with who runs your FB.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Daerys is right there are better squads and factions out there that are helpful. I know when I do a FB19 with my director we always make sure the tabber has everything they need and answer all questions they might have before dismissing the squad. Then we make sure they have a timer to get out of there.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I do hope your next FB is better. If you are in Sanctuary look me up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Tropical - Harshlands
    Tropical - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    U just had bad luck with the team, mate. Choose ppl that arent bragging dumba$$es to do your FB with. Look at world chat, good teams are usually high lvls. If somebody offers help only for FB19-FB29 then its a new team filled with lowbies. Lowbies usually have huge e-peens. Avoid them. Teams offering help for FB19-FB59 and TT are high lvl, have a rep to maintain so they will be asked by more ppl for help and arent hot headed. Good luck!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We make it blow!b:pleased
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If their levels were a lot higher than yours, there's a chance there would only be gold drops. That would distribute automatically across the Squad. Item/Mold drops happen when the squad is closer to the level of the FB. If the Squad was in "Free" mode then whoever picks them up gets them. In Random mode, a random person in the squad gets each pickup. It's polite to give the Tabber the drops but not a given.

Did you have the two Quests from the Elder before starting the FB? One would have given you a Tab for your inventory, the other a Quest to kill 8x of Mob A, and 8x of Mob B. After those 16 mobs were killed in the earlier rooms of the dungeon, you would have gotten the tier to kill the Boss.

Before killing the boss (or at the very beginning of the dungeon) you would have put the Tab into the pillar. That gives every squad member (including you) 5,000 Exp and 1,000 Spirit once the Boss dies. Everyone receives a Xenobeast Blood.

Did you have the quests and do the tab in the pillar? If so you got nice Exp. And now you need to go back to the Elder who gave you the quest - s/he will have a special weapon for you now as a quest reward. That's what you get as the tabber :)

As for them splitting, more experienced FB runners tend to forget to tell the newbie how to exit after everything's done. You could have used a town portal to get back out instead of running to the entrance :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well actually you should never accept ppl who are coming to you for something like that

it's better if you go to someone :^)

and yes crappy squad , btw about the drops , with high lvl squad in like fb 19 bosses often drop 000000 zero stuff

but normally you do get a wep out of fb 19 no? the one u get from the elder i think

it's a quest ^^
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your best bet is to try to get into a decent guild. Look in the world chat for guilds that are level two or who will often advertise over world chat. Chances are those will be the successful guilds, at least in a semi-long run. If you happen to be in Dreamweaver though, send me a PM on here and I'll give you my in game name and any time you need help, just let me know. I for one and director in a guild which is very kind and you will find no trouble with help for your fbs and other quests. Otherwise though, just be careful and if anyone who is helping with your fb sounds arrogant or even slightly unkind, kick them from the squad, get your tab back, and find a new group.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok so I'm walking along and this dude asks me if I have done my LVL 19 Call of Duty? I say no and he says he and some friends can help me with it, I say sure and follow him, he calls his buddies and we start, I am instructed not to do anything, and to stay away and not attack anyone, we go through and they are bragging about finishing in only 6 minutes, then they split leaving me in there all alone, and I never got anything out of the whole deal, except for picking up one xenobeast blood.. I thought there was supposed to be weapons and stuff.. IDK what the heck just happened.. but yea I got killed trying to get back out by myself... so are there gangs of high lvls that sit out there waiting to **** unsuspecting noobs? or was that all there is to it?

Well, there are basically Three ways to do the FBs.

One is to get people your level and run it. Please set asside about 3-4 hours to do so, and expect to die alot (as in loosing all your exp by the time you are done).

Two, is to not bother with them, keep grinding and leveling up, than run the old FBs alone. It will take you 30minutes to an hour. The drops will still be decent, however the bonus rewards may be a tad useless if you are more than 10 levels higher.

Three, is to get help for high levels. They will mostly run the FB for you very fast, so you can pick up your bonus items and exp from the elder. The ammount of drops varies from nothing but coins to nice molds. Who gets what is up to what you agreed. Quite a few people will let the tabber keep all the drops, others ask for regular drops to be split, but tabber keeps molds and any 3* items. In a few cases, the people runnning the FB will keep whatever they get and not follow through in their agreements. Please note that this is the exception.

Now, please remember that they are helping you, even though they also get exp and rep. Also keep in mind that it costs money for them to travel to the FB, to repair gear, buy pots, charm usage, etc. (this is very small for FB19s, but it can get quite high as we get to higher level FBs). My personal view is even if they say tabber keeps every drop, you should offer to split the drops that you can not wear/equip or at least offer to help pay for the repair costs/pot/charm usage. Most people will tell you not to worry about it, but it is the polite thing to do to at least offer to help with those expenses.

Hopefuly, once you are done with the FB, you will be able to add them to your friends list, so when it is time to have to kill bosses, you will be able to ask them for help. And since you offered to help pay for their expenses, hopefuly you made a good impression with them, so they will be more willing to help you with things where they get absolutely nothing out of it. As with FBs, please be considerate and ask if you can help cover their expenses.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Asheroncroft - Sanctuary
    Asheroncroft - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there is bad peeps every where

sorry for your bad experience i had the same one with my fb 19 but it was fun anyway

a good thing that there is more good peeps in this game then bad

b:cute
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If it happens again, simply leave the squad. That will take you out of the dungeon and you get your tab back automatically (if you used it already). Then you can find another group to help.

If you're on Heavens Tear look me up, I'll be glad to help you with any FB's. I've was lucky enough to find a great faction that helps me with mine, and I want others to have the same enjoyable experience that I've had all along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think you've gotten good advice so far. I wanted to add a couple of things though...

My first FB I was almost in the same boat as you, except I was with my faction (on a server I've abandoned) and no one explained anything to me, they told me only to "follow close behind and attack nothing." Yes, i tabbed at the right times and got the quest finished, but afterwards I felt like I hadn't learned anything either.

The trick is, as mentioned in most of the previous posts, to get in a good faction where the mid to high levels will answer your questions, providing you aren't asking 200 questions every day in guild chat.

You should also find a partner to quest with...it makes questing easier and more fun-you rack up less exp from the mobs though. Also as you progress, ask the lower lvls within your faction if you can help them. You tend to learn alot more by helping others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    then they split leaving me in there all alone, and I never got anything out of the whole deal, except for picking up one xenobeast blood.. I thought there was supposed to be weapons and stuff.. IDK what the heck just happened.. but yea I got killed trying to get back out by myself... so are there gangs of high lvls that sit out there waiting to **** unsuspecting noobs? or was that all there is to it?

To be fair to the squad. It is possible that nothing dropped from the boss other than coins. This happens most of the time that you have characters 10 levels or more doing your FBs. While yes, there are some who go through FBs simply so that they can take all the drops and the exp, most, atleast those in a decent faction, don't do this kind of thing. Regardless, by having done the FB, you get credit for the related quests, and any rewards that go with it. So even if nothing drops from any of the bosses, it's not a complete and total loss. On two of my characters I've gone though FB's 19-59 with similar leveled parties, and come up with jack squat every time. Just because it is a boss doesn't mean it is required to drop anything worthwhile (although most of us wish it did).
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I never got anything out of the whole deal, except for picking up one xenobeast blood.. I thought there was supposed to be weapons and stuff.. IDK what the heck just happened..

1 = if you did get blood , you werent the tabber.
    2 = were you the leader of the squad?
    3 = did you have the quests for the Fb ( x mobs to kill / call to duty ..)

dont respond to rude ppl only interested in the real small xp and Rep then can get, and dont care if you get all you need or not.

Be sure to have all the quests needed, make some friends, asks your friends ( who may have alts or friends in factions) to help you.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Alot of higher lvls drop thier bloods received, its worth only 10coin and takes up inventory. I used to keep mine till I had a stack of 50 and just npced them lol.

Orginal poster you get the 3 star weapon not in the actual dungeon but as a reward for completing the quests involved in the fb.

Factions are great for finding squads. ^_^
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.