TT 1-2 Squad

Shoesicle - Heavens Tear
Shoesicle - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Looking for some input. Im a lvl 73 veno with lvl 73 herc, and i was wondering if it is possible for me to solo tt 1-2 squad mode?
Post edited by Shoesicle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Looking for some input. Im a lvl 73 veno with lvl 73 herc, and i was wondering if it is possible for me to solo tt 1-2 squad mode?

I'm not a veno but I'd guess the answer would be no (at least in terms of some bosses):

Chintien - easy, no probs
    Drummer - has aoe, so I doubt it
    Soulbanisher - has aoe, I'd be amazed if you could survive this one
    Dimetora - has a short range aoe, if you are able to heal your pet fast enough then you could do this one...maybe? I know that a team of 2 veno's with a herc can do this.
    Vipenault - shouldn't be a problem at all

If you're grinding for cash or want broken shards of gold armour (Dimetora) or ancient serpent skins (Vipenault) then it may be worth doing, but why not just make friends with some other people and go do it as a team?

As i said tho, I'm not a veno so this is only an educated guess I'm afraid...
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Skip LoP and Soulbanisher and it shouldn't be a problem. Dimentora can be a pain to get positioned properly but is otherwise pretty easy, and Vipenault is just easy.
  • Baritomaris - Sanctuary
    Baritomaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First, I'm assuming that you're a pure magic build.

I tried soloing TT1-2 shortly after restatting pure at level 70, and I got through it. It should be even easier at level 73. And of course, I skip LoP and SB.

The only really hard part is Dimentora for like the first minute, because you have to get him away from the center. There might be a better way to get him into the right spot, but this is what I do.

1) Summon and buff Herc. Put herc under Manual (as opposed to Auto or Defend).

2) Get close enough to Dimentora until Alt+1 will send the Herc after Dimentora (but don't send him in yet).

3) Order herc to Halt (as opposed to Follow).

4) Press Alt+1 to send Herc in, and immediately afterwards, you run in the opposite direction towards a corner.

5) As soon as Dimentora notices herc and starts talking smack to you, order Herc to Follow.

6) After a few seconds, take an apotho, use bramble hood, and change into foxform.

7) Order Herc to attack Dimentora after he is out of the center.

8) Heal Herc once -- maybe twice -- and get outside of Dimentora's AoE. Continue to spam heal Herc until Dimentora is dead.

The first few times, I had a hard time getting Dimentora into the right spot or getting out of his AoE, so my death rate was high. But it has become easy now with practice.

Other people might have a better way than this, but this way works fine for me. The apotho I've used is Rock Powder (I think it adds 3000 to physical defense). Other apothos might works just as well or even better, but I haven't tried them.

Soloing is fun, but this run goes quickest if you can get a nice DD or two with you also. It's probably more efficient to do this TT with a DD, as you'll split the spoils two ways but likely do these 4 bosses and the dungeon mobs more than twice as fast as you would going solo. Good luck. :)
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol wtf. Thats a long **** way to do it. ;o This is what I do.

1.) Put herc on wait near where I wanna lure.

2.) Go hit dementora with venemous scarab.

3.) Bramble up.

4.) Run back to your herc...kinda behind it. You gotta stand there a bit till dementora comes up.

5.) Tell herc to attack it and gtfo of the way.

I died a lot trying figure out exactly how to do it. But now it's just another thing I do everyday....very easy once you get the hang of it. ;o
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can solo pretty much everything in 1-2 at level 73.

I haven't tried Soulbanisher yet, but i seriously doubt he's harder than Dimentora or Drum, take a cleric with you just to be safe. Otherwise bring pots, a charm and prepare to Soul Transfuse a lot. You might want to skip Soul anyway, he isn't worth it IMO.

@Literature:
    Thanks for the tip, works great. b:thanks
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can solo pretty much everything in 1-2 at level 73.

I haven't tried Soulbanisher yet, but i seriously doubt he's harder than Dimentora or Drum, take a cleric with you just to be safe. Otherwise bring pots, a charm and prepare to Soul Transfuse a lot. You might want to skip Soul anyway, he isn't worth it IMO.

@Literature:
    Thanks for the tip, works great. b:thanks

Have you actually done it? nothing personal, just want to make sure the info are correct. I tanked 3 of 5 in 1-2 when I was level 74, but I was not be able to tank drum until somewhere close to or little above 80. When I was level 81, the Soulbanisher's AoE one shotted me while I was in fox form and a cleric spam heal on me outside of AoE range. so the info you give are way off my personal experence.
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    Have you actually done it? nothing personal, just want to make sure the info are correct. I tanked 3 of 5 in 1-2 when I was level 74, but I was not be able to tank drum until somewhere close to or little above 80. When I was level 81, the Soulbanisher's AoE one shotted me while I was in fox form and a cleric spam heal on me outside of AoE range. so the info you give are way off my personal experence.

As said, i haven't done Soulbanisher yet solo, but with a team. I might be off on Soulbanisher, but as stated, i do not think he's worth doing anyway. If Soulbanishers AoE does a noticeable amount more damage then Drum's, then i'd get wiped so i stand corrected.

I'm super close to be able to tank Drum which i am sure someone with a new heal at 73 can do, and i know i can survive Drums AoE with massive pot spam(mana&health)/a charm and Soul transfusion (i already had to due to lack of clerics in party). It's not efficient, but it's possible.

The only thing i have trouble with at the moment is Drum's ''double attack'' on herc which i cannot yet outheal, but i'm sure i'll be able to do it with a lvl 73 heal.
  • JustForFun - Heavens Tear
    JustForFun - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Soulbanisher's damage is much more than that of drum. You need ATLEAST 3k Hp(full robe) to survive soulbanisher's last few AoE attacks, as the damage gets higher the lower his HP goes.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, this may be a week old but it fits, sorry.

With a level 72 Robe Veno w/ good gear and 3k hp, and a 72 BM good gear, about how long would a run take do you think? (Both have charms and Event hp pots of course ;D)

Do the good HH70 mats drop frequently, or only just a couple a run.

Thanks, this is my first time in one. Hoping I can figure out how to get to 1-2 instead of just 1-1 -.-
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, this may be a week old but it fits, sorry.

With a level 72 Robe Veno w/ good gear and 3k hp, and a 72 BM good gear, about how long would a run take do you think? (Both have charms and Event hp pots of course ;D)

Do the good HH70 mats drop frequently, or only just a couple a run.

Thanks, this is my first time in one. Hoping I can figure out how to get to 1-2 instead of just 1-1 -.-

I am assuming the veno has a herc. it is going to take you 2+ hours if you kill every mobs on the way. You can speed up a little by running through most non-boss mobs, kill the first mob when you get in, then just run to the first boss. after you kill the first boss, lure 2 black mobs from the hallway and kill them first, then you can basically run to the last 2 boss without killing any more mobs. this way you can get it done in about just over 1 hour. but you better have a experienced player show you how to do it the first time.

a level 72 veno with herc can not tank the drum and soul bosses (my personal experience, some people says you can). so you are going to have 3 bosses to kill. there is no gold mats in 1-2, you can expect on average 2-3 green mats drop per boss.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    I am assuming the veno has a herc. it is going to take you 2+ hours if you kill every mobs on the way. You can speed up a little by running through most non-boss mobs, kill the first mob when you get in, then just run to the first boss. after you kill the first boss, lure 2 black mobs from the hallway and kill them first, then you can basically run to the last 2 boss without killing any more mobs. this way you can get it done in about just over 1 hour. but you better have a experienced player show you how to do it the first time.

a level 72 veno with herc can not tank the drum and soul bosses (my personal experience, some people says you can). so you are going to have 3 bosses to kill. there is no gold mats in 1-2, you can expect on average 2-3 green mats drop per boss.

Awesome, Thank you. ^^ Yes she has a Herc.
  • Falka - Lost City
    Falka - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol wtf. Thats a long **** way to do it. ;o This is what I do.

1.) Put herc on wait near where I wanna lure.

2.) Go hit dementora with venemous scarab.

3.) Bramble up.

4.) Run back to your herc...kinda behind it. You gotta stand there a bit till dementora comes up.

5.) Tell herc to attack it and gtfo of the way.

I died a lot trying figure out exactly how to do it. But now it's just another thing I do everyday....very easy once you get the hang of it. ;o

Yeah, that's a really good way to do lure Dimentora. I also died multiple times before I figured out how to do that perfectly. Thanks a lot for the tip, it works excellently :)

Also about the drum boss, I was wondering about a squad like veno + herc and a wizard. I believe he may works as fine as veno + cleric, the only catch is that when boss starts shooting aoe, wizard has to stand behind veno and start healing her, so only herc is killing the boss. It'd obviously take a little longer to finish the boss, yet I think wizard can be a good replacement when no cleric is around.
    But I haven't tested such squad yet, tho I'll post my results here soon :)
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, that's a really good way to do lure Dimentora. I also died multiple times before I figured out how to do that perfectly. Thanks a lot for the tip, it works excellently :)

Also about the drum boss, I was wondering about a squad like veno + herc and a wizard. I believe he may works as fine as veno + cleric, the only catch is that when boss starts shooting aoe, wizard has to stand behind veno and start healing her, so only herc is killing the boss. It'd obviously take a little longer to finish the boss, yet I think wizard can be a good replacement when no cleric is around.
    But I haven't tested such squad yet, tho I'll post my results here soon :)

kk awesome thanks, we have a number of 50-60+ Clerics in the faction so we might not have a problem with that.
  • Falka - Lost City
    Falka - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nya :)

I tried tactic mentioned earlier with veno and herc +wizard. My friend was at 67 lvl and had 8th lvl of healing. Everything went pretty smooth.

I also tried the same just a while ago with a wizard on 45 lvl with 5th lvl of healing, everything was ok, but at the end of drummer HP, when he does the biggest damage, the wizard didn't manage to heal me in time (the channeling at 5th lvl of healing is 4,5 seconds), therefore we died.

Anyway, I strongly recommend wizard or cleric (minimum lvl 65) for the drum boss.