Bounty Hunter

bolloiskrem
bolloiskrem Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
I was meaning to suggest this a while back... I look on runescape.com and they stole my idea though =( Well... I think on PvP worlds there should be a "Bounty Hunter" type thing. You should be given a target around 10 levels more or less of you, you have to find that target and kill them. You may get special rewards for killing a certain amount of targets. If you kill people that arent your target, nothing different happens than it is now. You shouldn't be allowed to have your target be on your friends list however... To make the "Bounty Hunter" a little easier, you should be given a approximate area. Say I was in Orchid Temple.. it would say I was near Archasaur. It should say what main city you were closest to. Well... everyone feel free to post their opinion on this. Feel free to suggest improvements on this idea. (don't get mad if other people have suggested this.. I havent seen any other threads about this)
Post edited by bolloiskrem on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The ability to put a bounty on the head of a player that pked you is a good idea. The player that gets the kill gets the coins automatically. Worked well in another game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    a number of mmorpg's actually do this

archlord had one
    and i can't quite remember btu i think final fantasy has one too

but yeah the ability to place bounties would be nice
    i think it'd be an extra that coudl add some fun to a game

plus it'd give the lower levels a chance to get revenge on the people who pk'd them
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The ability to put a bounty on the head of a player that pked you is a good idea. The player that gets the kill gets the coins automatically. Worked well in another game.

Go and **** a bunch of people off - 1 hour
    Get them to put millions worth of bounty on your head - 1 hour
    Let a friend kill you and split the bounty - 5 seconds
    The laugh you get from the free money - priceless
    For everything else there is grinding and selling boutique items for coins.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And Ice sums up why it wouldn't be too fun. =( The high level character would simply **** off the world and have a buddy bump them off. There would have to be some sort of limitation implemented to make it work. Friends, guildmates, and spouses can't collect bounties, or something. It would solve everything, though. It would take roughly a minute to delete friends/kick from guild, kill/die, and re-add. Maybe the higher ups can think of some decent limitations.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Okay here is my opinion. It is a good idea but like the others pointed out it has some flaws.

If I put a bounty on my director and he doesn't go in PK mode.. then that is a waste of monies. I too have played other games with bounties but I just can not see how it would work in this one.

Besides how would one know there was a bounty... would there be a list? Would we be able to see how much it is worth? If they are a high lvl and we have to use friends to take them down does everyone split the reward? Like I said it is a good idea but I just can't see it working well here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Tropical - Harshlands
    Tropical - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yea just put a reward for someone (ask for screenshot on forum to be sure he is dead) and pay up when its done. On the PVP server will reduce (slightly) random pkers. Then again if I wanna pk that wont make my life easier so... lets think about it for a longer time ok?b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We make it blow!b:pleased
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I like the idea but a few changes would smooth it out I think.

- Both players have to sign up, you can't get a target that doesn't want to participate. The Bounty should also works both ways, whoever gets the kill first wins that round.

- Put a time limit on it. Once every hour, or even 24 hours depending on reward strength.

- Rewards should be useful, but not game breaking, and should be soulbound. Example rewards could be Beautiful gems, Charms, etc. Kills should provide tokens that can be redeemed at the event NPC. In the case of gems, make them bound but still able to be combined, and the crafted gems should be bound as well. Avoiding friend killing for profit is paramount.

- Some sort of tracking system would be almost necessary due to the size of the map. Maybe an inventory item that tells you the zone your target is in, doesn't have to be super specific.

- On PvE servers the targets should be able to kill each other while maintaining a blue name. On all servers the Bounty kill should not affect name color, ie you won't get more red.
  • Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary
    Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got an idea:to be easier for a bounty hunter to trace his target there should be an object that you must buy with normal coins called "lance of blood".
    First you must attack the rewarder with the lance,then the lance gathers blood and it shows all people who attacked that player.
    The bounty must be placed within 48 hours from the attack.
    if the bounty hunter was on your friend list he can`t complete the bounty,once he completes the bounty you can`t be he`s friend.
    The target and his friends can`t see bounties on his head.
    There should be an xp loss to the target.
    I opened blender and i made a low-poly model of the lance of blood.b:sin
    http://lanceofblood.webs.com
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Runescape only has Bounty Hunter because they had to remove all of their regular pking because of gold sellers. BH is confined to a special arena and if you leave it, you terminate your participation. You don't actually collect a "bounty" by killing someone and unless you wish to gain a spot on the Bountry Hunter Highscores you needn't kill your target at all.

Any PW version of "Bounty Hunter" would simply have the same name, due to the wildly different PK and combat systems between the two games.

But if you're gonna rip it off, this might make it easier for PW:

"Bounty Locate Spell" Teleports you to your Target. Need runes to cast it on RS, I guess an NPC could gouge--I mean charge you for it on PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary
    Wierdonedemo - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this game is already a ripoff of World of Warcraft,i don`t want to be also a ripoff of runescape,my idea is more original.
  • bolloiskrem
    edited May 2009
    Runescape only has Bounty Hunter because they had to remove all of their regular pking because of gold sellers. BH is confined to a special arena and if you leave it, you terminate your participation. You don't actually collect a "bounty" by killing someone and unless you wish to gain a spot on the Bountry Hunter Highscores you needn't kill your target at all.

Any PW version of "Bounty Hunter" would simply have the same name, due to the wildly different PK and combat systems between the two games.

But if you're gonna rip it off, this might make it easier for PW:

"Bounty Locate Spell" Teleports you to your Target. Need runes to cast it on RS, I guess an NPC could gouge--I mean charge you for it on PW.
    They added a new thing called "Bounty Worlds" recently, I didnt realize until now that I said Bounty Hunter instead of Bounty Worlds
  • bolloiskrem
    edited May 2009
    anyone else give their opinion?
  • Tieresius - Lost City
    Tieresius - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Very interesting idea...and I don't like most of the ideas that people come up with in these forums.
    I think that it should give a list of the BLOOD RED people that you could hunt. Maybe with some extra incentive besides the possibility for something to be dropped. Though...this would cause all the BLOOD RED people to hit and run into the nearest town for a while until they became normal. I don't think it should be a quest, though, to just go and hunt some random person.
    This would be tough on non-PVP servers though.
    Sort of reminds me of Mobsters from Myspace.
    I guess to sum it up...A list of PKers, maybe get rep, or "Bounty Hunter" status stuff for killing members on the list.