How come that PvP servers have highter lvls?

Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Just as the title says, i'm not reffeering to Lost City though because it's one of the first servers that opened so that could be used as excuse but what about the two new ones? Harshlands have much highter lvls than Dreamweaver even though they opened at the same time. Considering that PvP servers are harsher, how do they have highter lvls?

Btw. I play for about 5 months now and am lvl67, how the heck do people get to 90+ in berely a month? sick >_>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just as the title says, i'm not reffeering to Lost City though because it's one of the first servers that opened so that could be used as excuse but what about the two new ones? Harshlands have much highter lvls than Dreamweaver even though they opened at the same time.

Btw. I play for about 5 months now and am lvl67, how the heck do people get to 90+ in berely a month? sick >_>

1) Jolly Jones Event = Oracles b:surrender

2) They play ALL THE TIME

3) The came from another server and know what to do and how to level

4) Lucky? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They are obsessed with getting high level faster so they can spend all day killing players much lower level than them and call them noobs.

PvE players take their time to actaully enjoy the game, rather than grief players all day.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Sacred - Harshlands
    Sacred - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A strive to survive, perhaps?

Or the pve servers have more casual players that prefer to play at their own pace.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A strive to survive, perhaps?

That might sum things up for many people.

Although, I know for me I just want my fairy b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Zoe's way of putting it was rather rude, but contains a kernel of truth. In PvP, Level > Skill. So the pressure is to get as high level as you can as quickly as you can, to gain an advantage over your opponents (the other players). In PvE, you change opponents as you level so there's less incentive to power-level.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    1) Jolly Jones Event = Oracles b:surrender

2) They play ALL THE TIME

3) The came from another server and know what to do and how to level

4) Lucky? b:chuckle

I'm going to go with....this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm guessing that on a PvE server, there's no extra pressure to race through your levels quickly. When you hit 30, you can still keep your name blue and continue doing PvE.

But on a PvP server, as soon as you hit 30, your name turns white and you are thrust into PvP whether you're ready or not. In order to defend yourself, it could be more helpful to level quickly, because a 3x against a server dominated by 6x-8x is a very easy target. Once you get to 5x-7x you're a little better off since you're roughly even with the majority of the playerbase, or already higher than it. Hit 9x (which some of our players did within the past week for the first time) and you're at the top of the pile.

Having the skills to back up your level would be helpful, of course, but you can't argue that a 3x is pretty squishy to an 8x.

Me, I'll be squishy for a very, very long time since I'm a Mage. Level won't matter much for that, not until something like 6x+. I doubt I'll be a fast leveler since I play somewhere between casual and obsessed (I'm not on every day but when I am, I'm on for hours at a time XD). But I will be trying to get past 3x to 6x as soon as possible ^x^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tbh some of them just bot.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    PvE players are more casual
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2009

dddddddddddddddddddddddddfunlol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just as the title says, i'm not reffeering to Lost City though because it's one of the first servers that opened so that could be used as excuse but what about the two new ones? Harshlands have much highter lvls than Dreamweaver even though they opened at the same time. Considering that PvP servers are harsher, how do they have highter lvls?

Competition and the lust for high levels skills + gear. Higher level = power and endgame is all about gear so >.>.
    Plus, i wouldnt want to watch someone else be the first to get fairy+ hh90 and be all like "man, i shouldve done that" ><
    edited May 2009
    The evidence of a fail bot

The Ban Of a Fail Bot

Eh here it is. This dude and three people of our guild who never talk left to join a guild with numerous botting accusations against them. I guess they figure they will not be disturbed there. b:bye

Oh and I find another thing funny. This dude was back two days after the ban. b:laugh
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol, Too bad he came back like, 24 hours after that. b:bye
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^ this, and previous statement before on levels > skill to pick on noobs.

i have a feeling some of sanc's ranked levelers botted :|.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i feel like a lot of the people who are angry about botters are just bitter because they didn't do it first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i feel like a lot of the people who are angry about botters are just bitter because they didn't do it first.

But it's so much fun to kill the same mob for three weeks straight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    pvp server players care more.
  • Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The evidence of a fail bot

The Ban Of a Fail Bot

Eh here it is. This dude and three people of our guild who never talk left to join a guild with numerous botting accusations against them. I guess they figure they will not be disturbed there. b:bye

Oh and I find another thing funny. This dude was back two days after the ban. b:laugh

Shoulda SS'ed it but i caught him around there botting but it was on the clams this time, reported him 4 times but no GM came, his bot must of fcked up cos he stopped suddenly with 3 clams on him and died.
    Hope hes perma banned soon =/
    edited May 2009
    Shoulda SS'ed it but i caught him around there botting but it was on the clams this time, reported him 4 times but no GM came, his bot must of fcked up cos he stopped suddenly with 3 clams on him and died.

Scism I thought you got caught botting aswell. =/
  • Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yea, im a huge botter, GM's you should all keep an eye on me b:chuckle
    edited May 2009
    Yea, im a huge botter, GM's you should all keep an eye on me b:chuckle
    A CONFESSION! GMS throw the book at him!
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What would motivate PVE server players to level quickly to endgame?
    edited May 2009
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You would be surprised by the how many white names are around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You would be surprised by the how many white names are around.

How many are around?
    edited May 2009
    Competition and the lust for high levels skills + gear. Higher level = power and endgame is all about gear so >.>.
    Plus, i wouldnt want to watch someone else be the first to get fairy+ hh90 and be all like "man, i shouldve done that" ><

What the fk kinda childish **** is that? lmao. So if you see someone with a fairy before you that will affect your mood? Someone has a ****ing white/red dot floating around them before you then you feel some sort of regret?

Yeah well thats your problem. I can assure you not everyone thinks like that.

I have seen you killed in pvp by people 10 levels lower. So what does it really matter once we all start closing in on those endgame levels?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Half of it, your real life comes into play >.< Most likely you will not find self-sufficient 10+hr working class pple (aka pay own taxes/rent/insurance) in the top handful of ranks. (unless of course they started early or had a huge vacation during one time) Money wise and time wise (work/sleep/chores) its just not possible unless your taking one of the extreme end as an example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oracles didnt save more than a week for people of leveling, those few who spent even that much. Leveling is soo fast, and they don't make much of a diff after awhile.. Dreamweaver had oracles also from Jolly Jones.

Main reason i find is that on a pvp servers is that there's more competition, and pk is what helps give people a reason and motivation to level up more.
    I'd be much higher if I wasn't in college full time and working 80 hours a week..
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I risk being called totally nooby lol But.. what is botting? Never heard of that until now.

And sure, I'd level faster on pvp server too. Simply cause of the fact that I am afraid of all those guys around that could kill me every second. So there's kinda higher motivation to get high soon lol
    As for me, I'm totally pve player. I don't like to battle other people, a duel is okay from time to time but pking isn't for me. never went into pk mode til now and I don't think I will soon. Not if I see the pk gatherings in SP lol
    Mobs at least don't complain I played unfair or healed myself bohoo lol
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How many are around?

Some but probably not an amount that would surprise you.