what archer build is best for pvp?

Pickledsheep - Dreamweaver
Pickledsheep - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
i'm a wizard but i wana make a pvp charater i'm considering archer but i dont know which build is best for it so my question is which build is best for a archer for pvp? and want bow is best for pvping? crossbow or the normal kind
Post edited by Pickledsheep - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Are you going to be on a pve or a pvp server? I'd suggest pure dex or hybrid for pvp...

If you do pure dex be sure to kill them quickly so you don't die b:laugh
  • Pickledsheep - Dreamweaver
    Pickledsheep - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i'm going to be on dreamweaver but i wanna have a good pvp build for tw's
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, all the archers I know are pure dex I think. They just get the skills needed for TW. So do 4 dex 1 str per level and get pvp skills.
  • Minyo - Dreamweaver
    Minyo - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd suggest Pure Dex personally, but I don't have much experience with PvP yet. It is the most common build, but there are some hybrids who seem to do well. I'd suggest you check Annor's Guide stickied at top. It'll give you good guidelines plus a link to a Weapon Progression Guide.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pure Dex (1str 4 dex), even in pve it's fairly good. Having high damage out put, I can still kill any mob before it hits me once, as long as I'm not daydreaming and losing focus while grinding. Even if you do get hit, that's what pots are for. During bosses, just be more careful about pulling aggro. Even if you pull aggro as a hybrid archer (which probably happened because you had a so-so tank) you're going to be a 1shot kill for the boss. You might as well help take down the boss faster with the higher dps. Just watch how much you put out. If you have a good tank that you know well and that can keep aggro from you, then go all out.

As for pvp skills in tw, I suggest Vicious arrow(the pioson) vs barbs and BMs, take aim/deadly shot vs the squishy clerics, wizards, and venos. Make sure you have some aoe attacks too, like barrage of arrows, sharpened tooth arrow, and thunderous blast.
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yea max vicous arrow to lvl 10, b:chuckle
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dude, DOT skills are useless-->one purify pot, everything solved.

the archer's role is to take out anything before they even find out who's attacking them. we need to playing smart and stealth, to deal the largest amount of damage and kill opponents in a few seconds, not use a DOT skill, give yourself away and try to kite opponents. if you want to do that, you might as well play a veno using nix with flesh ream

so, if you play archer, DO NOT level any of the DOT skills
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    dude, DOT skills are useless-->one purify pot, everything solved.

the archer's role is to take out anything before they even find out who's attacking them. we need to playing smart and stealth, to deal the largest amount of damage and kill opponents in a few seconds, not use a DOT skill, give yourself away and try to kite opponents. if you want to do that, you might as well play a veno using nix with flesh ream

so, if you play archer, DO NOT level any of the DOT skills

If you haven't lvled your posion arrow, you've failed as an archer if you want to PvP. Barbs and BM will be looking for you whether or not you use DOT skills (it's pretty easy to see a magic arrow flying at you about to land a metal attack)

Read Devoted's guilde on how to not fail as an archer.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263481
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    take the pure dex route. it is easier to get more hp than to get more damage. u have 6 piece of item u can refine and socket for more hp, there is only 1 item u can do the same to get more damage.
    as for weapon choice, it is agreed that xbow is the best type fo weapon for PvP in most cases. since atk speed does not matter as much in PvP the higher dmg of xbow(although there is a larger gap between min/max dmg) does better in the way of skill usage.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I agree that the xbow is the best weapon. It has the highest possible hits and the fastest attack speed :)
    The only down side is that it can have the lowests hits too, but it's random. Overall: the best for pvp
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree that the xbow is the best weapon. It has the highest possible hits and the fastest attack speed :)
    The only down side is that it can have the lowests hits too, but it's random. Overall: the best for pvp

Еxcuse me? b:thanks
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You talk about people failing at being an archer and link to Devoted's guide when someone questions why you would want to level poison (which Devoted never even mentions poison arrow) yet you do not know the basics of the basics (xbow speed). I find that pretty ironic.

Please also continue leveling your serrated arrow and tell us it's good.
  • ivincei
    ivincei Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You talk about people failing at being an archer and link to Devoted's guide when someone questions why you would want to level poison (which Devoted never even mentions poison arrow) yet you do not know the basics of the basics (xbow speed). I find that pretty ironic.

Please also continue leveling your serrated arrow and tell us it's good.

Actually I think he mentions poison arrow in the little intro paragraph.

"Here is a quick test to see if you qualify for this guide: What level is your poison arrow? If you didn't say 1 please keep reading."
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ivincei wrote: »
    Actually I think he mentions poison arrow in the little intro paragraph.

"Here is a quick test to see if you qualify for this guide: What level is your poison arrow? If you didn't say 1 please keep reading."

Oh, sorry for not picking up that sentence - only scanned through it.

I suppose it goes to prove my point (if I've not misread) that Devoted thinks if you have poison arrow higher than 1 you should read his entire post because they are terrible.

Well anyway, Devoted or not, PA sucks (along with serrated and s. eagleon).