Pet Heal?

Vivyenne - Heavens Tear
Vivyenne - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
Hello all
First off, im a 61 veno, and this is my alt. I have a question about the heal pet. When I am attacking lower lvl mobs the heal is fine, but whenever I use the heal on higher lvls, mainly the bosses, it seems I cast it 2 or 3 times in a row and it does nothing, or very little. I'm aware that the mob may have hit my pet at the same instant and it could've cancelled out, but 2 and sometimes even 4 times in a row? Is there some kind of % that the heal actually misses? I'm getting tired of getting killed because my heal misfires. What gives? thank you for any help in advance.b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vivyenne - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm not sure i understand this correctly.
    You cast heal, and then casting stops or "fails"? The only way i can see this happening is if something hits you while you're casting, aka interrupting you.

Unless you maybe have lag, but that wont cause your healing skills to fail. Actually, i've never seen this happen.
  • Vivyenne - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    My heal spell is casting all the way, but my pets HP doesnt raise any. Lag is a maybe, but I dont think so, it only seems to do it on hard hitting mob, like bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its because the boss dealt damage as the server registered your heal, and the damage was large enought that it effectively knocked its hp back down to near its original amount.

say I heal 100 hp and boss does 90 dmg, itll take the 90 dmg off that heal, and only give my pet 10 hp.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its because the boss dealt damage as the server registered your heal, and the damage was large enought that it effectively knocked its hp back down to near its original amount.

say I heal 100 hp and boss does 90 dmg, itll take the 90 dmg off that heal, and only give my pet 10 hp.

Ah yes, that is probably it. I see this happen a lot :P
  • Vivyenne - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    That's what I thought was going on, I guess I just needed to have someone confirm it lol. Thank you b:thanks b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]