aim low or frost arrow

JuneRed - Sanctuary
JuneRed - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
should i max aim low or frost arrow? i think both have disavantaged and advantages. take aim does more dmg and binds but cost 1 spark . frostarrow does a bit lower and slows but cost 25 chi
Post edited by JuneRed - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Frost Arrow.

It costs less in terms of chi. If you use it for an opener, then you make back the chi on your subsequent attacks.
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like Aim Low. Then again I haven't levelled it. It just isn't efficient for PvE. A whole spark is too much for me as I'm levelling. I have it at Lv1 (because I need to move down the skill tree ofc). Good that it is an almost guaranteed stun, but sorry, too much chi for me.

Maybe for PvP things are different. Otherwise frost arrow/winged shell combos all the way. Even Deadly shot/take aim depending on the situation, but Aim Low has been sitting in my skills very rarely used. I'm not overly fond of a 65% chance with Stunning arrow either, but I use it quite frequent. I thought archers would be less gimped than this.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think this really depends on which monsters you are fighting, your skill levels and weapon and other such things. But if you ever are uncomfortable deciding just based on your knowledge, I think you should try both and see which you like better.

But I also believe you be sure and keep an eye on your chi and you should include your chi consumption in your decisions.

Of course, you can always use your wings or something and build up your chi, but this can take time...
  • Seveneyes - Harshlands
    Seveneyes - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    From the way your asking the question I presume you want the skill levelled for PvE.

In PvE, archers don't use skills for damage, they use skills for the effects they give your opponent. You also have to take into account the mana/chi usage.

If you look at it from this perspective frost arrow is better than aim low. You can efficiently have enough chi to use frost arrow with every mob you hit, with the extra slowdown being a bonus.

I do like aim low, but I only use it for defense/life increased mobs. I also use it extensively in PvP :P
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    aim low =great for soloing elites for quests(along with knockback and stun arrow), regular pve not so much
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I use Aim Low in the following situations (listed from most happened to least happened):

A) Used after knockback for a longer time of DD on a mob that has increase life/def/Elite

B) Knockback > Aim Low: to get a mob off me or a cleric with me.

C) Bored

D) Opener

So for me, i tend to use Aim Low after knockback arrow, if not stunning.

Frost arrow is my opener... 97% of the time. (100% if soloing) and sometimes i'll use frost arrow after KB to conserve mana (But it eats chi alive) instead of using stunning.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Мax both. 90 % of my opening attacks are frost arrows and then only normal hits. With decent crit rate (around 20 % let's say) u will own everything in pve.
    Aim low is more useful in pvp and sometimes in pve.

But nevertheless u need both skills maxed.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yes get both maxed.

both have different uses. frost arrow for mob, aim low for pk. aim low also for mob kills when u dont feel like losing hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]