A couple of questions about flying mounts.....

Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I've heard that any flying mount (wings in my case) can get to +3.00 speed except the starting wings. So I wanna buy Deadalus wings and lvl them to +3.00 how many wing badgets will I need to do that and how much does each cost?

Also would it be cheaper to get Watchers of the Skies and lvl it to +3 or get Deadalus and lvl it up, Watchers cost 3m Deadalus can be found for half the price. I like both so I'm looking for the cheapest way to go..

Opinions?

P.S.
I made the exact same thread on another section of the forums but no one seems to be answering, thought it might be th wrong section that's why I created here too, sorry for any incovinience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It takes 160 wind widgets to level the cheaper wings to 3.0. 80 to level the more expensive wings. Price wise, its about 1.6 mil to level the deadalus, and 800k to level the Watcher of the skies. If you are doing it all through the boutique, its cheaper to level the Deadalus to Max because its $20 + a little less then $16 for the widgets. Versus $30 for Watcher + a little less then $8 for the widgets.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes, all Cash Shop wings can come to the max speed of +3.00/+5.00 when upgraded with wind widgets (or was it wing widget <.<). to upgrade from 1.00 to 1.50 you need 20 widgets, for 1.50 to 2.00 I think its 60, and for 2.00 to 2.50 and 2.50 to 3.00 you need 80 widgets. You upgrade them in City of Thousand Streams, at the Aerogear Forge...
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The by far cheapest maxed wings is to buy Bloodmist (5 gold) and using Widgets to max them. Widgeting is by far the cheaper solution, despite what some people will claim, if you look on pure cash shop value. If I recall correctly (and as Aneemah's estimates are what I recall them as), you need around 230 widgets to level Bloodmist to their max speed.

Bloodmist costs 5 gold, as said. A pack of 10 widgets costs 90 silver. A total of 25.6 gold for a set of maxed wings. About the same as you pay for a set of basic, right-off-the-shop Daedalus' Wings.

If you want speed only, go with this method. If you are in love with a particular set of wings, try and see if you can't find a cheap maxed set in a catshop or in world chat.
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Way cheaper to buy the already-upgraded fly gear. People sell those for way under their actual value.