mp drain

Inias - Heavens Tear
Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ok so for all the 70+ but actually especially for allthe sage/demon's that have lvl 11 skills

how do you guys handle with the CRAZY mana drainage from skills?

cuz after a while sesame's will be gone and the only thing thats left are expensive mp pots or mp charm

i don't have that high amount of money to pay for one of both (clerics can use up 1 gold mp charm a day -_- )
thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Inias - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd use apoth pots that give +100 mp per second recovery if I wasn't a veno since I have mp recover skills.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Here's what I do, and I've never had a problem with MP, even though my MP regen is a joke... (non-average veno build)

I use skills that BUILD my chi, but doesn't CONSUME it. Then, just double spark, and I get 10% of my MP back. It almost holds me enough I don't even have to use my Veno spells to keep my MP up. ALMOST... I use my MP healing spell a few minutes after the cooldown ends. So, I'd say about 10 minutes of MP on a 5 minute cooldown because I really don't push it. Once I hit 50% MP, I just go "Meh" and pop the skill. Which is nice, because it allows me to have my HP healing one for times when things go wrong. b:pleased

Now... If that'll work for you, I'm not sure, but it will stretch it out a little. Of course, the regen powders are the obvious choice, and really, most effective.

Little side hint: Find a pure mage Veno to be your friend. They have extreme Mag Regen as well as the skills, and they can toss you their spare sparks. Easy Chi flow for you. b:victory
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mana drain is terrible.

I went through an entire gold charm in a day fighting those damn shrunchkin warlocks outside of Tusk with my mage. I was ready to kill someone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    +50 Regen Focus power are all you need.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • LKSTEEL - Lost City
    LKSTEEL - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sadly my charm takes all of that
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A good idea is to try and buy up mana enough providers when they are inexpensive such that you have enough stored till the next sale. I suppose you could be looking at wanting to store upwards of 9M in mana however.

Regarding increased mana regen. pots, they look great one the surface but they simply aren't as good as they seem. When soloing more than half the time their effect is dramatically reduced due to combat (down to 25% I believe). Also they simply don't tend to give enough mana to keep up with consumption (just lvl 10 base skills can burn more than a 100 mana/s pot can provide when in combat).
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What I do is click to mediate...

Troll the forum for around 3 mins... type some really crappy stuff.

Then grind for 5 mins...

Rinse, repeat, and keep on trolling baby.

CAUTION: Trolling by non-professionals could cause a brain explosion.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol zephyr :p that is an option offcourse XD

but what if you have a few demon/sage skills that use crazy amount of mana and your in TW XD b:victory

grtz
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]