Light armor or pure?

Comments

• PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    loltanks don't put anything on vit the conversion rate is garbage better off having 4 sockets on everything and avg or high hp gems in each.

Vit conversion rate is 1 point for 10 HP so for your 50 vit your would get 500hp. To me that is a waste. In the meantime with your waste vit points your pdef turns to **** and your underfiring on magic. If you go back to robes dex is 5 and vit is 5 str for robes rest is mag. anything esle really is a waste.

LA can work just fine, you may find it cheaper to sockets everything than buying that reset note. Also make sure you have higher than lvl 5 wellspring it is surprisingly good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I like LA, but if there's only 4% extra crit, I'd rather have consistent damage.

I'm at a standard LA build right now. At 54, I have 58 str, 58 dex, rest into magic. With shards my HP is 1400. I like the survivability, but I figure if I just stat 50 vit I'll have the HP to tank the hits even in robes, and hit for more damage.

You need more hp bonuses, by lvl50 I had about 1700 hp, maybe more. Also LA is not good for it's crits but for the overall defence it offers. If you're interested mainly in dmg (PvE, since in PvP it's hardly noticable) go ahead and change to pure or vit (i recommend vit though).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You need more hp bonuses, by lvl50 I had about 1700 hp, maybe more. Also LA is not good for it's crits but for the overall defence it offers. If you're interested mainly in dmg (PvE, since in PvP it's hardly noticable) go ahead and change to pure or vit (i recommend vit though).

No, I'm only interested in PvP. PvE, one extra spell isn't gonna kill me. I'll need to shard better, then, adn stay LA. Thanks. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    true. but seeing how i just managed to hit 4.1k hp with light armor (5.3k with barb buff) and 54% phy red self buffed (64% fully buffed) and 10% crit, im not sure i wld want to go back to pure at 90 (restatted to LA at 78).

oh? whats this? i have 3k hp unbuffed with citrine shards on everything that i have (lvl 10 molds), +2/3 refines, and wearing a helmet as well, how did you end up with 4k hp? how much did you refine?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    Babidi - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oh? whats this? i have 3k hp unbuffed with citrine shards on everything that i have (lvl 10 molds), and wearing a helmet as well, how did you end up with 4k hp? how much did you refine?

well some i bought already refined, the other i refined myself.

bought +4 lvl 78 armor of greiving sorrow (4 beati citrines)
    bought +3 dark shingaurds of hedes (4beati citrines)
    bought 4 socket blood barcers of fang (added the beati citrines myself and refined to +5)
    bought boots of tiger strength (added sockets,citrines and refined to +3 myself) thinking of getting the HH80 Gold boots now, the hp they give is sweet.
    bought cloak of grace with +130hp bonus stat (socketed it and refined it to +3 myself)
    bought equine talisman +3 which has an hp stat
    bought helm of lion spirit (socketed it myself and refined it to +5)
    using HH belt since jolly event which gives +105hp
    farmed endless embiguity which gives me +165hp
    and thats how u end up with 4.1k hp unbuffed and 5.3k hp buffed

now thinking what im going to do at 90, stay LA or restat to pure.

A 9X LA wiz on our server has over 6k hp UNBUFFED!!!! b:shocked (last time i checked he had that much hp 2 months ago)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    heh, nice stats...gratz, u put some cash in refining/socketing that gear but it's well worth it.
    I love when ppl go "WTF" when they run into a well played/well geared wizz and whatever they tried before with n00bs is just not working.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ah very nice, looks like there is a lot more i could do with my equipment, thanks for the info
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A 9X LA wiz on our server has over 6k hp UNBUFFED!!!! b:shocked (last time i checked he had that much hp 2 months ago)

LA's refines offer highter hp bonuses than robe's refines, then again if you really want that high hp (i certainly do) a vit build would also help but I suppose if you have money for refines then LA and heavily refined is a better choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LA past 90 is bad, and ~5k is the norm for LA 9x (+5 hh90, 3 sockets g6 shards etc)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    @ Ursa and Quilue : Tyb:chuckle

@ Amour: it would be appreciated if u state why LA past 90 is bad. im interested in knowing why u think that even when u urself are LA, or am i mistaken? i hav yet to find a flaw in a 9X LA mage other than slightly less damage. ty
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    At 90 robes give enough HP that you can socket pdef and if refined enough can match up to the pdef of LA, while having waaay higher mdef (idk about you, but I die to magic a lot more than physical). +5 Necklace/Belt and pdef sharded gear raises you up there to near the % reduction of a LA because of Earth Barrier. But we don't have a barrier that acts to give +mdef, so +ing mdef accessories only does so much.

That's just the defense side of the equation, the other side is the fact that you lose a LOOOOOT of damage. The more you + your weapon, the more its damage is multiplied by your int.

Basically, mages are blessed with two decent skills; earth barrier and distance shrink, and going LA past 90 isn't using those skills to their full potential. The only reason I'm LA now is because of the cheap and available molders.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, no matter what anyone says, I'm gonna be sticking to LA for a long time! If I have to be one of the rare LA Wizards to stick with LA at 90+, then so be it! ^_^ It's just how I enjoy the game, and it hasn't let me down yet! :P And that's my quick opinion for the day! ^_^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why is this argument still going on?

Lite Armor Mage and Pure mage are for 2 different purposes neither is better than the other period.

Lite Armor means you can survive phy dmg mobs more. yes mag def is down but you only need compensate for wood and metal (*cough deflector shields).

Pure mages can whoops stuff faster. So what refine your wep to plus +4 - 7 and so what an LA can do then.

As for wizards in PvP. no comment but since Ayano_chan WarZed and co are in the top PvP ranks on sanctuary we cant be too bad as a class.

Doesn't matter which way you role there is stuff you can't do. I was Pure till 60 got annoyed and went LA and I love it.

Stop trying to prove your roll (pure/la) was best to prove how great you are. It is really pathetic!

As for all those other classes bashing Wizards, get this straight unless you have a 79+ wizard you are not qualified to talk about any wizard build skills or tactics, so shut the hell up. We don't need talk about clerics archers and whatever cos we don't need to. We don't care.

Pure and LA both rock

Wizards rule period!

MGPS

Win Post.

Dont try to prove yourself better talking smack, go lvl and Shut up :D!
    I will and I am >:D

You are Will-I-Am!!!
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    At 90 robes give enough HP that you can socket pdef and if refined enough can match up to the pdef of LA, while having waaay higher mdef (idk about you, but I die to magic a lot more than physical). +5 Necklace/Belt and pdef sharded gear raises you up there to near the % reduction of a LA because of Earth Barrier. But we don't have a barrier that acts to give +mdef, so +ing mdef accessories only does so much.

That's just the defense side of the equation, the other side is the fact that you lose a LOOOOOT of damage. The more you + your weapon, the more its damage is multiplied by your int.

Basically, mages are blessed with two decent skills; earth barrier and distance shrink, and going LA past 90 isn't using those skills to their full potential. The only reason I'm LA now is because of the cheap and available molders.

Convinced.
    After much research and reading in forums, i now understand that pure can have similar phy def with slightly more attack and better mag def. however, dont bother with pure if ur not willing to spend some cash. seeing that i will be able to get hh90 gold belt and necky and refining them to +5 or 6 later, i will be able to hav a decent phy def. hp will still be an issue though, which brings the question of sharding. hp stones or phy def stones?
    and one more thing, i hav yet to see a pure wiz survive a BM chain stun lock (with a couple of crits in there)b:surrender
    as LA, no prob
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Convinced.
    After much research and reading in forums, i now understand that pure can have similar phy def with slightly more attack and better mag def. however, dont bother with pure if ur not willing to spend some cash. seeing that i will be able to get hh90 gold belt and necky and refining them to +5 or 6 later, i will be able to hav a decent phy def. hp will still be an issue though, which brings the question of sharding. hp stones or phy def stones?
    and one more thing, i hav yet to see a pure wiz survive a BM chain stun lock (with a couple of crits in there)b:surrender
    as LA, no prob

You have more items you can refine to give +hp than you can refine to give +p.def, and earth barrier gives a hefty bonus to any p.def you have, so generally p.def shards.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Even still you are just mentioning +5 robes at 90. Seems like ppl forget you can +5 LA too?

Correct me if im wrong ;) im just stating an honest opinion b:victory
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Even still you are just mentioning +5 robes at 90. Seems like ppl forget you can +5 LA too?

Correct me if im wrong ;) im just stating an honest opinion b:victory

pure has similar phy def, morea attack power and more mag def. only thing LA has over pure is HP. i think at +5 LA will hav about 1k or so more hp( i think). still not sure wether this extra hp balance the two compared to each other.
    as LA i just found out that i tickle a well geared preist (full hh80 gold set). i dont even break 1k with sandstorm. but thts a preist for ub:thanks
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    pure has similar phy def, morea attack power and more mag def. only thing LA has over pure is HP. i think at +5 LA will hav about 1k or so more hp( i think). still not sure wether this extra hp balance the two compared to each other.
    as LA i just found out that i tickle a well geared preist (full hh80 gold set). i dont even break 1k with sandstorm. but thts a preist for ub:thanks

Lol you just self-owned yourself. If you were pure int you could do more damage and have a chance against priest.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Mine tend more towards about 1.6-2.2k on the prietsts I've abused. Higher weapon refine and socketing, element mastery, all those might have something to do with it.

Other side of the coin, how much dmg were you taking from thier plume shot? Also did you ever get a crit in on the cleric?
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    Lol you just self-owned yourself. If you were pure int you could do more damage and have a chance against priest.

not really. as pure at 77 i was a 2 shot from a similar lvl preist.had 2.2k hp phy def sharded with fairly good eq with phy def stats no refines though.plume hit me for 1k. now plume hits me for 600-700 and i hav 4.1k hp.
    cyclone on the other hand hits me for 1k now.
    u see at this level cleric will almost always beat a wiz.as LA u survive more and hit for less. pure maybe gets a sandstorm and some other fast skill be4 dying. even if i was pure i wldnt hav a chance against a well geared preist. they hit too hard and fast for a wiz to handle.

btw test was done with a +5 endless embiguity with 2 flawless saphs and earth mastery was at lvl9. i tested it on a lvl 82 wiz as well with full hh80 gold set with earth barrier on, hit for 750 damage with SS.

@Rule: yes i crit the cleric for 2k. (managed to break 1k)
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    not really. as pure at 77 i was a 2 shot from a similar lvl preist.had 2.2k hp phy def sharded with fairly good eq with phy def stats no refines though.plume hit me for 1k. now plume hits me for 600-700 and i hav 4.1k hp.
    cyclone on the other hand hits me for 1k now.
    u see at this level cleric will almost always beat a wiz.as LA u survive more and hit for less. pure maybe gets a sandstorm and some other fast skill be4 dying. even if i was pure i wldnt hav a chance against a well geared preist. they hit too hard and fast for a wiz to handle.

btw test was done with a +5 endless embiguity with 2 flawless saphs and earth mastery was at lvl9. i tested it on a lvl 82 wiz as well with full hh80 gold set with earth barrier on, hit for 750 damage with SS.

@Rule: yes i crit the cleric for 2k. (managed to break 1k)
    LA too dependant on crit, will never win an EP without, even if you do crit, little chances.
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    LA too dependant on crit, will never win an EP without, even if you do crit, little chances.

you need a lucky crit to be able to beat a preist, pure or LA
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    here's the final answer to the cleric versus wiz drama:

noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz = wiz wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. noob arcane wiz = cleric wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz = cleric wins
    noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob light wiz = wiz wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. noob light wiz = cleric wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob light wiz = wiz wins
    noob light cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz = wiz wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. noob arcane wiz = cleric wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz = wiz wins
    noob light cleric vs. non-noob light wiz = wiz wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. noob light wiz = cleric wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. non-noob light wiz = wiz wins
    noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz with undine = wiz wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. noob arcane wiz with undine = cleric wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz with undine = wiz wins
    noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob light wiz with undine = wiz wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. noob light wiz with undine = cleric wins
    non-noob arcane cleric vs. non-noob light wiz with undine = wiz wins
    noob light cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz with undine = wiz wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. noob arcane wiz with undine = cleric wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. non-noob arcane wiz with undine = wiz wins
    noob light cleric vs. non-noob light wiz with undine = wiz wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. noob light wiz with undine = cleric wins
    non-noob light cleric vs. non-noob light wiz with undine = wiz wins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    here's the final answer to the cleric versus wiz drama:

<imcomprehensible gibberish goes here>

King_Solomon vs. unreadable post = we lose
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    a decent mage vs. a decent priest is never consistant. mage wins some, priest wins some. in the end, i wouldn't doubt a priest winning more; simply because their arcane armour against the mages magic attacks is killer. a mage would have to set up the priest in such a way to make him fall into fow/blink/etc to avoid being hit. sutra healing from time to time.

it's a long battle watching the two fight, really. it's even longer, and far more interesting to watch two good mages go at it.
  • Azzarz - Heavens Tear
    Azzarz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pure all the way (:
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I had some Pure come up to me and try to pk me saying I was unfit to be a wiz. Not only did he not pk me, but his attacks were laughable at best, he hit me for a max of 143. I wound up beating him and he said it was because he didn't have the -3% channel that I did. Mobs tend to take a little more, yes, but if you are on a pvp server I strongly recommend LA. Overall it's a better experience when you don't get killed instantly by every other player out there until level 80+ (ty undine strike). My only issue as a LA wiz is that I do sometimes find myself looking for a crit with a mob to do the damage I want. LA has held it's ground for me against every class so far. I may not have survived, but I certainly didn't go down in one hit. I'm talking about all the 7x+ people running around pking all the low levels because they can't win against their own level.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    imho build your wiz to use LA, and carry two sets of armor (one arcane with which to grind, and LA to PvP).

The damage difference is negligible at best, I 4hit mobs my level (w/out spark), and so do pure builds. But at level 60 I have 8%crit right now, could max at 9% which is nice. No I don't need the crits lol, don't have to worry about when the next one will come for the damage.

I have 4k pdef self buffed, I can take a hit; pure has a piddly 800~1000(?) = instadeath if a BM, Veno, Barb, or cleric (gee that's like everyone) gets a chance to hit ya.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What's your hp and pdef % reduce?
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Am i the only one who read that? I thought it was pretty funny