Do You RP?

Oni_Storm - Sanctuary
Oni_Storm - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Do you like submerge your self in the story line of the game?
Do you like to play In Character?

If teh answer is Yes!
Then my friend like me you are an RPer.

This is a call to all RPer's let your presence be known and let us
all remove the shroud we hide behind to shy or nervous of what
others may think and let us draw upon each other for our Role
Playing fun and submerging into the story line of the game.

I know there are many of you out there that like me crave the
chance to play in character so let all the small and large groups
of RPer's come together and share the fun as I am sure you know
when you RP with other's the fun is with out peer!.

On the topic of Role Playing nothing wrong with that for even if
your playing a game like Final Fantasy or Halo your in a way Role
Playing, this also goes for reading a blooming good book you may
often find your self picturing the events playing out in your mind
and so in a way you end up playing that Hero or Heroine in your
imagination.
Same can all so be said for dreams as well.

There is a lot of bad feelings about Rping in many Game's people
thinking Rper's to be weak and PK fodder but this is not true you
will find some high level Rper's who are truly Hard Core and any
thing but weak.
And in a way we all are Rping when we do the quests as we are
in a sense following the story line of the game.
Post edited by Oni_Storm - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there's already another roleplay thread like
    6 threads down form this one
  • Oni_Storm - Sanctuary
    Oni_Storm - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes seeking members to join, though I am seeking out the other groups
    and inderviduals not in order to recruit but to find out who else out there
    is RPing in Sanctury.

How many other groups are there or ar e there other inderviduals who enjoy
    Role Playing in game ^_~
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    BigBang - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tell me HOW the **** u R PK on a PVE server shure i kno u cn PK on a PVE server back when i was in NWO i attacked all in PK mode u cn only R PK on a pvp server cuz almost every body is in PK DUH
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tell me HOW the **** u R PK on a PVE server shure i kno u cn PK on a PVE server back when i was in NWO i attacked all in PK mode u cn only R PK on a pvp server cuz almost every body is in PK DUH

Please relax and relax a bit more. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with PK. RP = Role Playing, not RPK which = random player killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Silly BigBang, get back in your cage. Rawr.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Kind of pity to realize that there is a person out there who can't speak not even 1 language. Because that sure as heck is not English.

But then again to justify him, why does one need language for, if one has nothing to say.

Anyway back to the RP subject, here's the older thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=83241
    however quite a lot of these people don't seem to be online anymore so, I second to the new fresher
    thread.
  • ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver
    ChiaoLin - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have been RP'ing for a good 25 years now. I was one of the early D&D players, way before the Internet. Role Playing is gaming to me, it seems that most of the people that play MMORPGs these days are not interested in that. They just want to ****, slash, dual and kill as much as possible. I for one do not understand how you can have any fun whatsoever playing like that. But, to each their own.

I figure there is a reason that these games are called Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. If you weren't supposed to role play they would be MMOH&SG (Massively Multiplayer Online **** & Slash Games.)

So, yeah, count me in as a role player.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm a literate roleplayer, going on about 10 years now. Within PWI, though, I get my enjoyment of playing the game for what it is. I haven't been inclined to seek out an RP guild to play this "in character" ... I don't even like talking while playing very much. If I'm killing things I like to be doing the killing, not chatting. If I'm sitting in town for a bit as a catshop I'll chat, but that's about it.

I do my roleplaying on text-based forums. While playing things out with the actions available to us on PWI would be interesting, the character limit frustrates me enough when I'm just normally talking to someone. If I had to RP with that I'd pull my hair out :)

So yes... I'm a roleplayer. But no, not in PWI.

One of my RP OC's was translated into a Cleric here though ^x^ I couldn't resist when I discovered the Daedalus wings - they're exactly what I had in mind when I created her years ago. Unfortunately the class does not suit her at all, but eh. She's just visually Lalarei rather than Lalarei with abilities. She'd need the earth spells from a mage for that, but then she wouldn't have the wings which make her distinctive visually. I suppose Metal is close enough...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Qqmoar - Harshlands
    Qqmoar - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You need to log off the internet and go back to school. I've seen gradeschool children who make more sense than you.

Oh shocking....an NWO idiot. They were all morons.
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    my bad mis read an qqmoar NWO probabaly PKed u QQ
    sorry folks :P and schism NEBAR im not goin into the cage againb:victoryb:pleasedb:laugh
    (\__/)
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Kind of pity to realize that there is a person out there who can't speak not even 1 language. Because that sure as heck is not English.

But then again to justify him, why does one need language for, if one has nothing to say.

Anyway back to the RP subject, here's the older thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=83241
    however quite a lot of these people don't seem to be online anymore so, I second to the new fresher
    thread.
    lols im from belgium duh and my dutch aint that great either woohoo keep insultin fool :P QQ
    (\__/)
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Please relax and relax a bit more. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with PK. RP = Role Playing, not RPK which = random player killing.
    RPK or RP its confusing so many shortage'sb:surrender
    (\__/)
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How about instead of a cage you just go back to your own server? Shocking I know right?

Even if you ARE from Belgium, I'm pretty sure you were taught English and not netspeak so your come back is now null in void.

Good day. <3
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    How about instead of a cage you just go back to your own server? Shocking I know right?

Even if you ARE from Belgium, I'm pretty sure you were taught English and not netspeak so your come back is now null in void.

Good day. <3

1 im an ex sanc player 2 shut the **** up 3 i was bored and 4 eh nothingb:victoryb:pleased
    (\__/)
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So does making a drow cleric/fighter who only heals elves count as RP?
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BigBang - after heavy translating, I think I understand what you're saying. You were Vert's fanboy, and you were forced onto the new servers cause you flat out sucked here, and it was pointless even trying to continue. Which is understandable. I mean - everyone leaves for their own reasons.

Now you're trying to defend NWO's honor. (lol @ NWO. they failed way back, and continue to do so to this very day). As respectable as it may be; dumbasses like you only make factions look worse then they already do (can NWO possibly look any worse?).

Shouting vulgarities at people who are having a nice, quiet, conversation about Role Playing, gives everyone a bad image of your character. I mean, we all know NWO attracts the lowest kind of **** sucking Vert and MissB fanboys, but really.. your posts in this thread are just pathetic. Not even that. Saying you're pathetic is degrading to people like BrianDawkins. You should go do something productive. Like help a granny across the street, go back to school, or bunjee jump without a rope. We'd all love to see that!

Good day,
    much love. <3

Gaaawd I hate ****-****-tards like him. Seriously.
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    BigBang - after heavy translating, I think I understand what you're saying. You were Vert's fanboy, and you were forced onto the new servers cause you flat out sucked here, and it was pointless even trying to continue. Which is understandable. I mean - everyone leaves for their own reasons.

Now you're trying to defend NWO's honor. (lol @ NWO. they failed way back, and continue to do so to this very day). As respectable as it may be; dumbasses like you only make factions look worse then they already do (can NWO possibly look any worse?).

Shouting vulgarities at people who are having a nice, quiet, conversation about Role Playing, gives everyone a bad image of your character. I mean, we all know NWO attracts the lowest kind of **** sucking Vert and MissB fanboys, but really.. your posts in this thread are just pathetic. Not even that. Saying you're pathetic is degrading to people like BrianDawkins. You should go do something productive. Like help a granny across the street, go back to school, or bunjee jump without a rope. We'd all love to see that!

Good day,
    much love. <3

oohhhh LMAO so u kno who i am ? good good then u migt kno i dint change server cuz U THINK i suckt i followed friends here and asch stfu where's rebirth ? O.O no rebirth QQ .playin on a pvp server i learned alot of pvp and now i kno way more then u buddy so stfu or reroll on a pvp server and check it for ur self u ul like it godsfear came here tekk came here (he's acting weird on harsh toh O.O)

and briandawkins im far not as worse as that guy serious dont u dare comparing me with him xD

grts BigBang AKA lefglas yes lefglas fool D:<
    (\__/)
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009

Good day,
    much love. <3

oh yeh about shoutin i already apolegized i missunderstood the thread ddint read it completely my badb:surrender
    (\__/)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    asch stfu where's rebirth ? O.O no rebirth QQ .

No Rebirth? What? Since when does a faction have to hold Territories to exist? Think before posting, you Sanctuary reject trash.
    playin on a pvp server i learned alot of pvp and now i kno way more then u buddy

You're lv60 on a PVP server. Gratz if you think that achievement makes you know "way more then me". PVP is but one aspect of this game. If you think it solely revolves around that, then what can I say. You've just dug your own grave.
    so stfu or reroll on a pvp server and check it for ur self

Lol? I joined this server cause I liked it. I still like it. Unlike you rejects who gave up and turned tail, I remained here and am still giving it my all to this very day.
    ul like it godsfear came here tekk came here (he's acting weird on harsh toh O.O)

GodsFear and I were friends, but I wouldn't go to a new server for one person. Tekk was annoying, and acted like a 2yr old. Guess that's why you like him.
    and briandawkins im far not as worse as that guy serious dont u dare comparing me with him xD

No, you're far worse then him. He's annoying, but you're just.. beyond explanatory words.

Also, to help you out a bit, I'll include a link to a Spell Checker for you. Trust me, you need it.

Spelling for Dummies.
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    No Rebirth? What? Since when does a faction have to hold Territories to exist? Think before posting, you Sanctuary reject trash.

You're lv60 on a PVP server. Gratz if you think that achievement makes you know "way more then me". PVP is but one aspect of this game. If you think it solely revolves around that, then what can I say. You've just dug your own grave.

Lol? I joined this server cause I liked it. I still like it. Unlike you rejects who gave up and turned tail, I remained here and am still giving it my all to this very day.

GodsFear and I were friends, but I wouldn't go to a new server for one person. Tekk was annoying, and acted like a 2yr old. Guess that's why you like him.

No, you're far worse then him. He's annoying, but you're just.. beyond explanatory words.

Also, to help you out a bit, I'll include a link to a Spell Checker for you. Trust me, you need it.

Spelling for Dummies.

AWWWW looks like i pissed someone off QQ and NWO still exist u dumb **** so does rebirth they both have no land QQ for u AND i mean i learned some things on a pvp server its not my lvl u moron i elarned few things that u should learn and oh yeah it really hurts u talk about my typing (sarcasm if ur a real dumb **** like u are) so stfu ash and go lvl ur PVE carebear acc
    (\__/)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Pissed me off? It's impossible to get pissed off at a pixel, tard. I never said NWO didn't exist, either. You (for some unknown reason) assumed I said it didn't? lol? do you even read what I write, or are you just spurting **** for the sake of responding?

The difference between a PvE server and PvP server, is that you don't have the option to turn PK off. Good going with that argument.

As for your typing, I'm just trying to help everyone. I'm sure they don't all have the time of day to sit here trying to decipher what you're saying.

and lastly, lol @ your carebear comment. You think cause you move to a PVP server, you're a big bad barb now, huh? I should make an account on Harshlands just so I can see people 1 shotting you. That'd make my day.

You failed as an archer here, you fail as a barb there, you fail at holding any kind of argument against me, you fail at making any sense, so you pretty much fail at everything. Now, go think of another trash talking, vulgar response that makes little sense and does nothing but show how much of a **** you are. =D
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Pissed me off? It's impossible to get pissed off at a pixel, tard. I never said NWO didn't exist, either. You (for some unknown reason) assumed I said it didn't? lol? do you even read what I write, or are you just spurting **** for the sake of responding?

The difference between a PvE server and PvP server, is that you don't have the option to turn PK off. Good going with that argument.

As for your typing, I'm just trying to help everyone. I'm sure they don't all have the time of day to sit here trying to decipher what you're saying.

and lastly, lol @ your carebear comment. You think cause you move to a PVP server, you're a big bad barb now, huh? I should make an account on Harshlands just so I can see people 1 shotting you. That'd make my day.

You failed as an archer here, you fail as a barb there, you fail at holding any kind of argument against me, you fail at making any sense, so you pretty much fail at everything. Now, go think of another trash talking, vulgar response that makes little sense and does nothing but show how much of a **** you are. =D
    *cough*lvl 89cnt 1shot me *cough* fail as a barb yeah thats why i pull catas and tank people 70+ with ease ofcouurrsseeee dude seriously am i this intresting if im such a fail why dont u shut up and go back playin and ignore me u makin me feel special here b:laughb:pleased
    (\__/)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I just thought I'd lol @ your comment:
    *cough*lvl 89cnt 1shot me *cough*

Really, people like you are the sole reason I continue to play this game. So full of ones self, some would even call it arrogance. Still funny though.

As per your interesting comment, no, you're just like so many others on these forums. I don't find you interesting at all, I find how ridiculous your comments are, to be utterly amusing.

I'm just replying so everyone can get lulz out of your douchebaggery. <3
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    I just thought I'd lol @ your comment:

Really, people like you are the sole reason I continue to play this game. So full of ones self, some would even call it arrogance. Still funny though.

As per your interesting comment, no, you're just like so many others on these forums. I don't find you interesting at all, I find how ridiculous your comments are, to be utterly amusing.

I'm just replying so everyone can get lulz out of your douchebaggery. <3
    just stfu both of us tired of comin to this thread lol -.-
    (\__/)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    You couldn't just politely ask to drop it? and I'm not tired. I come back to this thread for fun. =D
  • BigBang - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    You couldn't just politely ask to drop it? and I'm not tired. I come back to this thread for fun. =D

pls drop u makin me spend more time on forum b:angry
    (\__/)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    lol cool. Have fun over on the Harshlands.
  • Aaratull - Sanctuary
    Aaratull - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    on topicb :surrender
    im a sact. player and im a RP addict b:chuckle
    i want to find more RP players from Pangu realm (btw. im from eastern europe)b:victory
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I mean, we all know NWO attracts the lowest kind of **** sucking Vert and MissB fanboys, but really..
    Good day,
    much love. <3

You made my day, Thank You b:victory
  • skell7
    skell7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wasnt this thread about RP?... Anyway, RP is great but I think it would work the best on an RP server, since it wouldnt mix too well with other people that arent RP'ing.
This discussion has been closed.