what's att. lvl?

Options
XtinkX - Sanctuary
XtinkX - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
i recently received general summer's magicsword from my lvl 50 supply box and in one of the sword's attributes, it said att. lvl +1.

so afterward i decided to try out my new weapon on some mob i needed a quest for and i noticed i hit crits almost every two mobs and sometimes, two crits on one mob for like a couple of minutes. according to my stats, my crit percentage is only 3% and i figured my att. lvl has something to do with it and my att. lvl is 1 because of the sword.

so what is att. lvl basically? does it have something to do with crits or what?
Post edited by XtinkX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    might be a lie, but i think +1 atk = +10% dmg and has nothing to do with crit.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Attack level +1 means you do 1% more damage against a target. There was a blessing out awhile back that gave you attack level +30, which meant a 30% damage boost for all characters with it equipped.

Of course attack level can be neutralized by defense level but as far as I know regular mobs don't have a defense level stat, only other players (and very few, if any, at that)
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hawk wrote: »
    Attack level +1 means you do 1% more damage against a target. There was a blessing out awhile back that gave you attack level +30, which meant a 30% damage boost for all characters with it equipped.

Of course attack level can be neutralized by defense level but as far as I know regular mobs don't have a defense level stat, only other players (and very few, if any, at that)

So.... About that blessing.. b:sad Where and what is it?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It was a 7 day timed item that you could get from jolly old jones around the time of the christmas event. It got removed though, since it was for a limited time.
  • Summerzedge - Lost City
    Summerzedge - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    errm.. i think general summers magic sword dont have attk lvl+1 -.-'
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    errm.. i think general summers magic sword dont have attk lvl+1 -.-'

The level 50 one does. Would have been damn nice to have back then b:sad