Dubya Tea Eff - PK in Cube?

Options
2»

Comments

• MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wait, isn't it if u die in the cube, u spawn back in the corner. How the hell do get out of the cube if that happens if ur lvl30+ on LC or Harshlands O.o
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wait, isn't it if u die in the cube, u spawn back in the corner. How the hell do get out of the cube if that happens if ur lvl30+ on LC or Harshlands O.o

This is going on in every server, plus you can't enter the cube until level 40 anyway.

Most likely they get killed, then the moment they spawn get killed again, over and over and over by some of the biggest cowards in the game. The ones doing the killing would most likely die if a level 1 character hit them, which is why they are killing the way they are.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, here's the thing

1- Its a bug introduced in the latest patch.The whole room 1 from cube of fate is supposed to be a safe zone, not all-the-room-except-the-spawn-corner.

2- When you get killed, you respawn in the middle of the room, therefore you're safe. It just sucks to get killed (and possibly drop items) in a supposed safe-zone. Ban all these jerks for bug abusing.

- Amy
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've said it many times before, when it comes to pvp I hate cowards. They ruin the game. Not to mention they die so easily.b:chuckle
    Ok, here's the thing

1- Its a bug introduced in the latest patch.The whole room 1 from cube of fate is supposed to be a safe zone, not all-the-room-except-the-spawn-corner.

2- When you get killed, you respawn in the middle of the room, therefore you're safe. It just sucks to get killed (and possibly drop items) in a supposed safe-zone. Ban all these jerks for bug abusing.

- Amy

Aww... I guess it's those mean jerks! If you were on Lost City I can call some of my buddies to rescue the fair maiden like you b:cute.

But alas, my attempts are in futile as servers split us from each other.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well you don't drop anything when you die in that corner, right? It'd be like the dragon temple.

...that said, we need GM awareness of this. It's been going on for four pages and no statement. Anyone want to volunteer to make a big "Hey, fix this in your next patch damnit" thread? -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I just checked this on Sanctuary as well. It's not just on HT. It's there. Very, very small portion, but it's there. There's nobody on Sanctuary killing people yet, though, and I wonder if maybe I shouldn't post this... But, eh. Whatev's. The bug isn't server specific.
  • Aresnew - Lost City
    Aresnew - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, here's the thing

- Amy

lol i got killed in there as soon as i got in but it was funny
    but if gm's banned everyone who abused it pwi:lc is gona b lame
    cuz alot of pple were there, that corner became a pk fest
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol.
    I say go in there if you want to have fun and PK while waiting for TW/DT/can't find any white names (speaking from a PvE server...haven't seen a white name outside of Arch in days b:surrender) and just enjoy it. If you use it for the free teleport to Arch, then just spend the extra money/extra few minutes flying there. If you Cube regularly like some of my friends...well, most of them know how to hold off a player pretty well, but if you don't then just forget the Cube for a few days until the next patch or something and a find another way to make money in the mean time.

But I agree with the point of this thread; would love it if the GMs could fix it in the next patch. b:cute Just after I go there and try it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oooohkaaay lets recap...

You spawn in cube and get killed, you DONT lose xp, you DONT drop item and you DONT consume a Angel. You respawn in the middle of the room and you're safe.

SO WHAT THE F... is the QQ about? Worst case scenario you need to use a pot to regen hp/mp, best case you just instantly got tele'd 1/2 closer to the exit npc. Win/freaking win. STOP QQ'ing!
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oooohkaaay lets recap...

You spawn in cube and get killed, you DONT lose xp, you DONT drop item and you DONT consume a Angel. You respawn in the middle of the room and you're safe.

SO WHAT THE F... is the QQ about? Worst case scenario you need to use a pot to regen hp/mp, best case you just instantly got tele'd 1/2 closer to the exit npc. Win/freaking win. STOP QQ'ing!

1 - Bug abuse is forbidden by the ToS.

2 - It waste your HP/MP charm

3 - Bug abusers gain ranks on the PvP ladder

4 - I bet you are among the bug abuser.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bravo for #4!b:thanks

...now, for the real question: **when are the GMs/devs gonna get off their thumbs and FIX the bloody problems?!** i dont want to risk playing, with the constant DCing that is happening now, wherever you are, its not limited to the cube.

koukou wrote: »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    koukou wrote: »

1. Its not a safe zone, its not a bug. How is using the cube to get a free tele to arch not a bug btw?

2. Do you also complain when you die in dragon temple and 'waste' your precious charm?

3. See #1

4. Don't make stupid assumptions please, fyi I walked past there last night and saw some ppl killing another saying its great fun because there was no penalty, watched for 1min and left. So yea maybe you should enroll in troll class or something if you cant use logic.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oooohkaaay lets recap...

Well to me that's not an issue. My only issue with this is the players that suck so bad at pvp they need to kill in this way.
    Main characters
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well to me that's not an issue. My only issue with this is the players that suck so bad at pvp they need to kill in this way.

If your lvl 90 and cant take the aoe damage long enough to run 5 steps to safe zone. you should be talking about others pk skills.

Also I like this place because people that dont normally pk will give it a shot I watched for awhile last night and some pk noobs were having a blast quite entertaining just to watch.

last but not least want some real pk? pm me anytime. You talk so much about others bad pk skill yet never seen you in a pk fight. ( And I've happened upon most people that pk)
  • Desolate - Lost City
    Desolate - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1. Its not a safe zone, its not a bug. How is using the cube to get a free tele to arch not a bug btw?

2. Do you also complain when you die in dragon temple and 'waste' your precious charm?

All the events via the Khatru cub or (forgot the name) that npc next to it return you to North Arch. So it can't be a bug.

Difference with the Dragon Temple is when you enter, you're in a safe zone. So why is the that little corner of the Cube an exception? Even when you enter instances like the Secret Passage, it gives you a chance to settle instead of being thrown into the path of mobs or possible pkers.

I don't recall seeing a 'leaving safe zone' message when you enter room 1.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bravo for #4!b:thanks

...now, for the real question: **when are the GMs/devs gonna get off their thumbs and FIX the bloody problems?!** i dont want to risk playing, with the constant DCing that is happening now, wherever you are, its not limited to the cube.

It's may the 1st, the worldwide workers day, where all workers take a break from the everyday working, so why can't PWE stuff take a holiday like everyone else <.<
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's may the 1st, the worldwide workers day, where all workers take a break from the everyday working, so why can't PWE stuff take a holiday like everyone else <.<

In the USA, that day is celebrated on the first monday of September instead of May 1st.

As for the bug, I PMed some admin and just got a reply they'll look into it. Wait and see....

A quick easy fix would be to move the spawn point a few feets away in the safe zone.
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

3. See #1

4. Don't make stupid assumptions please, fyi I walked past there last night and saw some ppl killing another saying its great fun because there was no penalty, watched for 1min and left. So yea maybe you should enroll in troll class or something if you cant use logic.

1. the first room of the cube is a safe zone, why the first spawn-in corner isn't, i have no idea. that's why, it is actually, a bug.

2. no, because you go in knowing that it's a PK-enabled zone. when you pop into what's supposed to be safe, and charms get blown, it tends to make people angry.

3. ....it is a bug.

4. why wouldn't he have made a 'stupid assumption?' here you are QQing about how it's not a bug wah. it's not stupid to assume that because you're defending a bug you might be one of the ones abusing a bug.
    so...yeah. i wouldn't be telling someone else to learn to use logic when you yourself can't.

~d b:chuckle
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When people started pulling Jewelscalen over to the flowers during the Valentine's Day event, the GMs quickly announced in-game and on the forums that that was against the rules, and took action against the griefers. So far, I haven't heard of anything being done about the PKing at the cube entrance.

Why no response from the GMs? b:puzzled
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was not pked in the cube a player did try but I moved too fast and they had to back off. Its not about if you can kill anyone or not, its about being a coward that's so afraid of getting hit you have to pk players as they spawn so they can't fight back.

The reason you don't see me doing any pvp is because the players in this game suck so bad its not worth my time. Not everyone, just most players.
    Main characters
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    "I one shot players with my triple spark!" Please, this isnt a place to spread arrogance, dont state things that will cause flame wars.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1. the first room of the cube is a safe zone, why the first spawn-in corner isn't, i have no idea. that's why, it is actually, a bug.

2. no, because you go in knowing that it's a PK-enabled zone. when you pop into what's supposed to be safe, and charms get blown, it tends to make people angry.

3. ....it is a bug.

4. why wouldn't he have made a 'stupid assumption?' here you are QQing about how it's not a bug wah. it's not stupid to assume that because you're defending a bug you might be one of the ones abusing a bug.
    so...yeah. i wouldn't be telling someone else to learn to use logic when you yourself can't.

~d b:chuckle

Well put!b:victory
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PWI is in the US, and we dont have that celebration here. today is an ordinay work day....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aresnew - Lost City
    Aresnew - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oooohkaaay lets recap...

b:victoryb:laugh