On wizards and the Reborn quests?

Keliahar - Sanctuary
Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Wizard
I heard it from some of my high level guildies (none of them wizards) that only LA wiz can survive during Reborns?

I love the lot of them but it sounds kind of like rubbish so I came back here to check with my superiors and peers on whether this was true or someone was trying to pull my leg.

So my question is: Reborn Alpha/Gamma. What are they like for wizards and is there anyway to make my arcane wiz viable in those situations?
Post edited by Keliahar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I heard it from some of my high level guildies (none of them wizards) that only LA wiz can survive during Reborns?

I love the lot of them but it sounds kind of like rubbish so I came back here to check with my superiors and peers on whether this was true or someone was trying to pull my leg.

So my question is: Reborn Alpha/Gamma. What are they like for wizards and is there anyway to make my arcane wiz viable in those situations?

hi,
    this is my bad exp
    i did reborn once, i was the first one dead, cause every mob follow me (don't know why)
    and our cleric don't heal me(don't know why also).
    :P
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well with a good ad expericen squad and if if u have shards than a pure wizard can finish it too. I heard an arcane wizard finsihed it, but the arcane wizards minimum requirement is at least 3 k HP and 3 k physical defence + self buffed....for rebirth gamma.
    But I guess that wizard must be good player
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Should be pure int if you want to kill each wave fast enough. If you have an organized party that works well together than you should not die and the only thing that'll matter is if you kill before the next wave comes.

This is coming from a person in a guild that does the 86+ reborn many times a day with pure int mages and get to wave 9. Only reason why can't get further is we aren't able to kill fast enough yet.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had opportunity to do Rebirth Order today.

It was my first time and I was very sceptical as I'm pure mag and still with a bit crappy equipment. My p def is nice, for a pure mag (1500 unbuffed without the barrier), but my HP is really low, about 1900. (I have a set of robes with lot's of p. def bonuses but not refined and sharded yet and a second one for grinding or magical boses with mag bonuses).

We didn't finish it, but got quite far. Or to be more precise we managed to defeat all mob waves and the boss after the last mob wave, and we lost last battle with the last boss, that comes without the mob wave.

For a Wizard It's like zhen. If You steal to much aggro - bad. If the archer steals form you - much better. In my case archer was a bit low but the BM and Barb did a great job. Yes I died. I died many times, but they could keep fighting till I returned. I think stronger archer would help.

The last boss was one shooting me and the archer with his AoE and the rest couldn't kill it in time.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had opportunity to do Rebirth Order today.

It was my first time and I was very sceptical as I'm pure mag and still with a bit crappy equipment. My p def is nice, for a pure mag (1500 unbuffed without the barrier), but my HP is really low, about 1900. (I have a set of robes with lot's of p. def bonuses but not refined and sharded yet and a second one for grinding or magical boses with mag bonuses).

We didn't finish it, but got quite far. Or to be more precise we managed to defeat all mob waves and the boss after the last mob wave, and we lost last battle with the last boss, that comes without the mob wave.

For a Wizard It's like zhen. If You steal to much aggro - bad. If the archer steals form you - much better. In my case archer was a bit low but the BM and Barb did a great job. Yes I died. I died many times, but they could keep fighting till I returned. I think stronger archer would help.

The last boss was one shooting me and the archer with his AoE and the rest couldn't kill it in time.

Bit unclear on this, you finished all of the minibosses after each wave? Or just faced off with 1 mini boss after the miniwaves of Wave 1? Also which aura's were invoked in what order?
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    We defeated all waves. I got over 20% of exp.

All I know is that they started with HP regen and defense was turned on few waves later, after chi and some attack. But I don't know the order. I assumed they knew what they were doing and I didn't pay much attention to the auras
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I'm sorry. It wasn't HP regeneration aura but MP regeneration aura at the start. But HP was turned on very fast too.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Tried it the other day, got crazy wierd glitchy. HP\MP charms were failing to tick, archer barrage failing. 1k streams before the first boss. ICKY.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    im a hybrid wiz that survived it...
    only have 50 points in vit which helped me get 3003 hp
    1.7kpdef unbuffed so 3.3k with EB
    ^^
    lv 77 ^^
    gave me a insante 55.2% xp!
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've done rebirth a lot of times as a pure mage with base 2650 hp and 3.1k pys def self buffed. It's usually not me that dies first but the cleric (which results in a party wipe) And don't think you need a lot of refines to your gear, my gear has only plus 1 on it. (we usually get to the 4th or 5th boss everytime we do it, i can't do it anymore though since im 86+)

Entirely possible to do rebirth as pure int.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I've done rebirth a lot of times as a pure mage with base 2650 hp and 3.1k pys def self buffed. It's usually not me that dies first but the cleric (which results in a party wipe) And don't think you need a lot of refines to your gear, my gear has only plus 1 on it. (we usually get to the 4th or 5th boss everytime we do it, i can't do it anymore though since im 86+)

Entirely possible to do rebirth as pure int.

Clerics seem to be the most common fail :( 2-3 mobs on em and splorch. Often before the end of the first wave. I've got one solid cleric who's geared enough to survive till the boss shows if no one else glitches out.
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Rebirth isn't hard as soon as the barb is good . I'm Arcane with some vit , and finished it without charm ticking once . Babr was awesome tho :P
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Anyone got any tips for me regarding rebirth, I fail miserably in their and have always died so often before getting to the first boss that the squad gets glitched to 1k streams.

Idk if it's me or the squad where something is going wrong, but as it is me dieing i think something is wrong on my part.