How long does this supply box event last?

Literature - Harshlands
Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Does anyone know? O_o
Post edited by Literature - Harshlands on

Comments

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Supply Boxes are a permanent addition to PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Ahh cool. I'm guessing the hammers will be there forever too?
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yup.xD can't the 50 and 80 boxes without them. Pretty sure the prices will go down later, but they will remain there with the boxes.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    SO this mean that from now on the prices of molds (chips) and shards (average/flawless) will drop and drop and drop? And that no one will ever buy a (for example) wheel of fate mold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol molds pretty much i guess, but i wouldnt be so sure about shards. when you really need to socket, those supply shards wouldnt be close to cutting it. supply boxes wouldnt affect shard demand in the long run
    edited April 2009
    Yup.xD can't the 50 and 80 boxes without them. Pretty sure the prices will go down later, but they will remain there with the boxes.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to buy the hammers now and save them. I didn't wanna run into a situation later where they removed them and made them drop only or something. But the drop rate would be like 0.001.

That would be a bad situation. b:shocked
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It says the lvl 50 weapon is not able to be traded. This is kind of a bummer. I mean I'm paying (paid) 5 Gold to be able to open the box and get it, but after a few levels I'll be done with it and the NPC price is only 50 coins. Can we have this restriction removed? I think it would be fair to be able to AH or catshop it for a little less then the price of a hammer. I mean we can sell and trade clothes, pets and rides. How come not this?
    edited April 2009
    It says the lvl 50 weapon is not able to be traded. This is kind of a bummer. I mean I'm paying (paid) 5 Gold to be able to open the box and get it, but after a few levels I'll be done with it and the NPC price is only 50 coins. Can we have this restriction removed? I think it would be fair to be able to AH or catshop it for a little less then the price of a hammer. I mean we can sell and trade clothes, pets and rides. How come not this?

I'm gonna have to pay about 800k to get a hammer. Then the weapon is going straight to the npc. <_< Atleast you get some use out of yours.

The stuff you get past the lv 50 box makes up for your spent money though. You get enough chips for high lvl molds and stuff.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    because no one would buy it.

Just sell hammers instead. It's the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009

well considering everyone at lvl 50 can have one, who are you going to sell it to? some newbie who doesnt know?

besides, your 500k more than pays for itself later on with the opening of the higher level supply boxes
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    No I can sell the sword to anyone who's level 50 and doesn't want to shell out 5 gold or the equivalent in coins. How is that not logical? There are plenty of people who don't use real money but buy from others. If someone sells hammer in game for the server equivalent of 5 Gold (varies on server gold prices of course) then I could sell the sword for the equivalent of 3 Gold or more depending on what shard(s) I imbue into it. This would appeal to players who 1) don't want to pay real money or 2) don't want to spend as much in coins for a hammer. The price is less then the 5 Gold because you don't get all the stuff after up to 75 as you would if you bought the hammer out right.

Does that make more sense now? I mean I'm level 55 so I only have about 5 levels with it before I get an hh60 weapon. After I have that hh weapon what am I supposed to do with the lvl 50 box weapon? It only NPCs for 50 coins.
    edited April 2009
    No I can sell the sword to anyone who's level 50 and doesn't want to shell out 5 gold or the equivalent in coins. How is that not logical? There are plenty of people who don't use real money but buy from others. If someone sells hammer in game for the server equivalent of 5 Gold (varies on server gold prices of course) then I could sell the sword for the equivalent of 3 Gold or more depending on what shard(s) I imbue into it. This would appeal to players who 1) don't want to pay real money or 2) don't want to spend as much in coins for a hammer. The price is less then the 5 Gold because you don't get all the stuff after up to 75 as you would if you bought the hammer out right.

Does that make more sense now? I mean I'm level 55 so I only have about 5 levels with it before I get an hh60 weapon. After I have that hh weapon what am I supposed to do with the lvl 50 box weapon? It only NPCs for 50 coins.

Doesn't make sense man. They pay you 300k to get the weapon then they still have to pay however much for a hammer to open the box.

Better to sell hammers like loltank said. ;o
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Probably to prevent the market from being flooded. Since everybody is getting the same weapon at the same level, there would always be a glut of them on the market.

If that happened people would complain, "how come my pack contained a weapon that I could have just bought for 500 coins? What a rip off!", but this way it seems like you're actually getting a weapon that's worth something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited April 2009
    Probably to prevent the market from being flooded. Since everybody is getting the same weapon at the same level, there would always be a glut of them on the market.

If that happened people would complain, "how come my pack contained a weapon that I could have just bought for 500 coins? What a rip off!", but this way it seems like you're actually getting a weapon that's worth something.

Nope. ;o

=D xDxDxD
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    What do you mean they pay me for the weapon then need the hammer to open the box? If they pay me for the weapon they get the weapon. No box opening needed. If they want to buy a hammer then go ahead and get it all. I'm suggesting a cheaper alternative here. Not everyone has tons of coin. Perhaps 100k to 200k for a good 3 star weapon ONLY isn't such a bad deal to some people. Not to mention it reduces the sting of paying 5 gold or real money for an item I have to NPC for 50 coins. That's just a tough pill to swallow. I'd rather sell it for 10k to someone knowing they'll get some use out of it. I can't imagine everyone in the game is going to buy a hammer. This is the other option.
    edited April 2009
    What do you mean they pay me for the weapon then need the hammer to open the box? If they pay me for the weapon they get the weapon. No box opening needed. If they want to buy a hammer then go ahead and get it all. I'm suggesting a cheaper alternative here. Not everyone has tons of coin. Perhaps 100k to 200k for a good 3 star weapon ONLY isn't such a bad deal to some people. Not to mention it reduces the sting of paying 5 gold or real money for an item I have to NPC for 50 coins. That's just a tough pill to swallow. I'd rather sell it for 10k to someone knowing they'll get some use out of it. I can't imagine everyone in the game is going to buy a hammer. This is the other option.

OK maybe I'm wrong but I thought you had to open the lv 50 box to get further. And anyone who stops at the lv 50 box is a fool :

55 - 60k emerald HP guardian charm

60 - 5 do-all cards for cube of fate

65 - Choice of 1 lv7 Flawless gem HP/Phy att/Mag att

70 - 20 Mysterious Chips (used to buy special molds in Thousand Stream City)

75 - both a 60kHP charm and a 90k MP charm and 20 Mysterious chips

80 - NOTE this box requires a cash shop item Perfect Iron Hammer to open
    30 Mirage celestones + Christmas Blessing Charm (gives Crit +1% and also means you dont need to feed pets)(unsure if this also means land mounts)
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009

what like people are not going to want to open the lvl 55 box? the lvl 60 box? the lvl 65, 75, 80 boxes somewhere down the road?
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    A fool or doesn't want to spend real life money in the game or poor and can't afford a hammer. All I'm saying is that I think it would be a good option to be able to sell or trade them and I thin there would be a market. That's all.

You could also make the argument that anyone playing a veno who doesn't own a pheonix or a herc is a fool (especially the later from the solo TT runs and money you can make), but there are plenty out there.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Look on Harshlands Gold Charms are going for 650k right now. Well maybe they'll drop a bit from the charm packs, but will eventually go back up after the packs are done (in 2 weeks). That's about 160k per gold piece. If a hammer is 5 gold pieces that's 800k for a hammer to open packs 55-75. At level 55 I know I blow a ton on skills and mp especially as a cleric. Not everyone has 800k at that level to spend especially as an investment for being able to open it later and not now to get the lvl 55-75 items), but along comes a 3 star sword for only 100k or 200k. That seems like a decent deal for a good weapon. I mean it's better then the wheel of fate, better then the level 4x world boss drops (Jewel's pataka and the Devil Ring)

So if I'm level 50 and I have 1 million in coins (not a lot do if they don't spend on CS items to trade in game) then I'm not going to drop 800k to get the sword only right now and wait until higher levels 7x to cash in on much better items. It would be foolish because I'll only be left with 200k to spend on skills and pots. Not to mention by level 60 I'll now have a worthless sword and since Arbors go for about 500k-650k bare bones I wont have enough coin for one of those right away.

Just an observation is all.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sir, there is an exchange office in this game (at the Auctioneer if you haven't seen it yet), that lets you by gold for coin and vise versa, thus, your argument about "not spending real money" got beaten before you even joined this game...
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I am well aware of the Gold Exchange in AH. Thanks though. Try thinking things all the way through though OK. Exchange rates on Harshlands are pretty high. Maybe LC or other server are different, but it's still a lot to spend at level 50.
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009
    then dont open the box at lvl 50, nobody is forcing you to do it. maybe it will be worth it to open it at 7x, and use the chips right away for some molds. its not like the weapon is soo essential to your gameplay since nobody had that bow before the update. even with the weapon excluded, the other stuff is well worth 5 gold equivalent in coins

every high level that posted pretty much thought the boxes were great, and they far outgrew the lvl 50 weapon, so just wait on opening the box, you'll get money quicker at higher levels anyway
    edited April 2009
    Look on Harshlands Gold Charms are going for 650k right now. Well maybe they'll drop a bit from the charm packs, but will eventually go back up after the packs are done (in 2 weeks). That's about 160k per gold piece. If a hammer is 5 gold pieces that's 800k for a hammer to open packs 55-75. At level 55 I know I blow a ton on skills and mp especially as a cleric. Not everyone has 800k at that level to spend especially as an investment for being able to open it later and not now to get the lvl 55-75 items), but along comes a 3 star sword for only 100k or 200k. That seems like a decent deal for a good weapon. I mean it's better then the wheel of fate, better then the level 4x world boss drops (Jewel's pataka and the Devil Ring)

So if I'm level 50 and I have 1 million in coins (not a lot do if they don't spend on CS items to trade in game) then I'm not going to drop 800k to get the sword only right now and wait until higher levels 7x to cash in on much better items. It would be foolish because I'll only be left with 200k to spend on skills and pots. Not to mention by level 60 I'll now have a worthless sword and since Arbors go for about 500k-650k bare bones I wont have enough coin for one of those right away.

Just an observation is all.

Hey if you buy something for 800k at 50 and by 60 you don't have another 600k to buy an ancient arbor then thats your problem. ;o

I've never had gold issues in this game. It comes and it goes but I always get the things I need if I try to get the gold.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Well good for you. We're all really impressed at how much money you have and can get. However not everyone has that ability and hence my post.

I did open the box not knowing it couldn't be sold and I am happy with the weapon and what is to come as I open the box down the road. I used real money to open not in game coins.

My suggestion was that there would be a market for people who can't afford to buy the whole box at level 50(the hammer I mean) to just buy the weapon. If by level 70 they can afford a hammer then when they open the box they can sell the lvl 50 weapon they got and enjoy the rest.

This is only an observation of what would be nice in my opinion.
  • Meiko - Dreamweaver
    Meiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It will be worth it for some and not for others.. No need to argue about it.

Be yourself...everyone else is already taken.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Yes they are no trade. That is my whole point. It would be nice if, because they are essentially a cash item, you could trade them. That's all. I think people would buy them and it would give a good way to unload items after paying cash that are now worthless.

"EDIT: LOL. You changed your original post lol. In any event I posted a ticket to GMs asking to see if they can change to trade. Nothing more I can do. They either will or won't (My guess the later). Doesn't hurt to ask though.
    edited April 2009
    Well good for you. We're all really impressed at how much money you have and can get. However not everyone has that ability and hence my post.

I did open the box not knowing it couldn't be sold and I am happy with the weapon and what is to come as I open the box down the road. I used real money to open not in game coins.

My suggestion was that there would be a market for people who can't afford to buy the whole box at level 50(the hammer I mean) to just buy the weapon. If by level 70 they can afford a hammer then when they open the box they can sell the lvl 50 weapon they got and enjoy the rest.

This is only an observation of what would be nice in my opinion.

How about you learn to make money instead of sending tickets for something that will never happen. Would the 300k you get from selling the weapon really make a difference?

I know plenty of low lvl people who buy mold weapons like wheel of fates which were 2m before this event. How could these non CSers possibly have afforded it and been able to continue playing...OMG.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Literature, apart from being a beotch what else do you do?

In any event I have several characters across a few servers. Some character builds are cash hungry and burn through money. There are plenty of discussion about which ones make more or less, etc. General belief though is venos are able to make more due to less maintenance and need for pots. So it would stand to reason venos, or characters who have a veno alt for farming mats and DQs to NPC, cat shop or AH, would have more money.

But not everyone has that much money. If they did then why is there so many wheels for sale in the AH that no one buys? If everyone had that kind of quid everyone would have mold weapons and armor. But they don't.

So I'll put you down for a "no" on purchasing. Good for you. As for my time making a ticket, it's my time. I'll do with it as I like. Everyone is always quick to say the devs won't do this or that and it's a waste of time. Games like this improve when people mention stuff to them and they make the call. Ergo better zoom out capabilities, clerics who don't heal their attacker in PvP, etc. Keep your nay saying to yourself. Or I can just ignore you. Either or works for me.
    edited April 2009
    You are already blocked on my end after this post. Next time make your own thread instead of whining in someone elses.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    So I guess the answer to my first question is no. Good. Got that answered......b:chuckle

Any chance you'll post again and tell us how cool you are and how much money you have? Please?