A few problems with this patch 29-4-09

Magenta - Dreamweaver
Magenta - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
1. when you log in you get a map error
2. you can't access the auction house
3. loss of friend quest items and white lady NPC (has the quest been removed?)
4.zoom has to be adjusted every time you log in as won't remain fixed where you last left it

5. None of my location quests are working - the ones where you have to stand still at a specific location to trigger the quest - ALL of them won't work (maybe to do with the map errors ???)
Post edited by Magenta - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I noticed the first 2 problems too.

I had another problem, dunno where exactly the problem was though. Could've been the patch or it could've been a failed patch job. When I first logged in I noticed I'd lost my macros, I didn't think much of it since I didn't have many and they were easy to recreate. But after a bit, once West Arch started getting busy again, I went to turn on proxy visuals but it didn't work. I tried turning it on by with the icon in the top left corner and in the system settings menu. When it didn't work, I went and verified it. It did seem to redownload some files, but it didn't fix the problem. I had to click on the best performance to get it to work (dunno why I didn't try it before verifying). After awhile it turned off but now the proxy visual button works. I haven't relogged since then so I dunno if I'll have the problem again :(
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Magenta - Dreamweaver
    Magenta - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how do you make a macro ? and what is it used for in game ?
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Changes my text settings. Also turns on all my protections so I have to change them to off EVERYTIME I log in. At least 5 people have escaped my clutches. I demand 5 kills now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i get an error message, that says the map isnt up to date with the server....

1. when you log in you get a map error
    2. you can't access the auction house
    3. loss of friend quest items and white lady NPC (has the quest been removed?)
    4.zoom has to be adjusted every time you log in as won't remain fixed where you last left it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • asinleus
    asinleus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had no update errors and no errors when logging in, but I did lose my macros like it happened to manfor.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Also deleted my blacklist......So if Verticoli and MissB wouldnt mind shouting on WC sometime, so I may re-blacklist, that would be awesome b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • asinleus
    asinleus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And one more thing:
    I had autofly on via the full-screen map, with a fairly distant destination. Then I closed the full-screen map and minimized the radar (which is normally at the top-right).
    Finally, I opened and re-closed the full-screen map (I had still not reached my destination). Upon doing so, the circle+star that mark the auto-fly destination in the map remained in the middle of my screen even after the map itself was minimized. Re-opening and re-closing the full-screen map only caused the position of the circle+star to be updated on my screen, but it still remained there without the map.

This problem does not occur if the radar is shown and the circle+star promptly disappears whence the radar is re-opened.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how do you make a macro ? and what is it used for in game ?

Macros create series of skills. So, for example, you can create a macro of your typical attack sequence. If you are a cleric you can create a macro to do all of your buffs.
    To create a macro press R to open the skills window. Click the New button. Find an icon you like. Drag the skills into the empty boxes in the order you would like them performed. Save. Now at the bottom of your skills window you can see your macro icon that can be drug to your toolbars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear
    VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I had an error message as i was loading the game after patching. , did a repatch , and it let me log in. all my settings was messed up , macro's, the map message, i didnt use the auction today. but had to filter out chats. make the font larger again. seemed some the grafics was higher setting.
    no problems with auto pathing . got everywhere just fine did paperclip, daily cs, flying to the home towns to get the supply quest. i've always had to scroll out my char. so that one doesnt seem different other than i can scroll out farther than i could before , which i like. b:pleased
    "Don't worry be happy"
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    5. None of my location quests are working - the ones where you have to stand still at a specific location to trigger the quest - ALL of them won't work (maybe to do with the map errors ???)

Could you provide us with some specific quest examples? The servers are currently down for the Auction House fix. In addition to that, we're looking at the other issues you've brought up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]