Panther

Ryneris - Lost City
Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Right after buying the panther can I upgrade with Galewind spurs directly or do I have to use Spurs of Alacrity before? Alacrity seems to make more sense, being 8 m/s >> 9 m/s while the Galewind is 9 m/s >> 10 m/s, but I'm not sure....

Also what is the highest level a panther can reach? 11? And does the speed increase beyond 10 m/s?
Post edited by Ryneris - Lost City on

Comments

• Naku - Lost City
    Naku - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ya, you will need to upgrade from 8 to 9, then 9 to 10 again. and it goes to lvl 11 with 1 extra m/s add to the total.
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When you spur a mount, it resets its lvl back to 1. So if you're going to spur it all the way to 10m/s, I'd suggest doing both spurs at once so you don't waste it gaining xp. It takes a fair amount of time for it to reach lvl 11.
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well it seems much cheaper to just get Spurs of Alacrity to raise its speed to 9 m/s and then lvl it to 11 so it goes to 10 m/s....
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well it seems much cheaper to just get Spurs of Alacrity to raise its speed to 9 m/s and then lvl it to 11 so it goes to 10 m/s....

With the Galewind spurs on the level 11 panther (single spurred: 10m/s) it changes to 11m/s.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if you just sit on it, and keep feeding it seseme oil (to top off its loyalty) it doesnt take so long. i was suprised at how fast my first panther leveled up to 11 when i got into a conversation with a friend in arch. we were just sitting there, visiting, and i saw the levels going up. it doesnt take riding it, just being on it.
    manfor wrote: »
    When you spur a mount, it resets its lvl back to 1. So if you're going to spur it all the way to 10m/s, I'd suggest doing both spurs at once so you don't waste it gaining xp. It takes a fair amount of time for it to reach lvl 11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009

It is, but there are ppl who want to go as fast as possible and also events that you need to go as fast as you can to have the best chance possible. So to appease those ppl they have both spurs (and hopefully more in the future but I dunno anything about it, just a hope) so you can get to 11m/s and at the same time make more money, by making those ppl have to buy and use both spurs to get to 11m/s.
    if you just sit on it, and keep feeding it seseme oil (to top off its loyalty) it doesnt take so long. i was suprised at how fast my first panther leveled up to 11 when i got into a conversation with a friend in arch. we were just sitting there, visiting, and i saw the levels going up. it doesnt take riding it, just being on it.

By "a fair amount of time" I didn't mean days, but hours. Which since the only way to gain xp is just to ride it, yes can seem to take awhile. Especially when you only ride it for a short bit at a time. After I got my tome I ended up just leaving my char sitting for awhile to let it gain the rest of the way to lvl 11. It was almost lvl 11 at that point (9 or 10) and I'm pretty sure it took well over an hour for it to finish lvling. I didn't time any of it so I might be off a bit, but I doubt all that much.

Also you don't need to get it above 500 loyalty since it gains nothing by increasing it further and besides unhatching it and failing to feed it, it can't lose loyalty. So after it gets to 500, just feed it water to save your money. Unless you're the type that forgets to feed it for stretches at a time, and it takes the oil to keep its loyalty up lol.

b:bye
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Someone told me you have to be outside of safe zones for it to gain XP. b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty