If you have more info PLEASE post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank You Forsakenx
Post edited by Leaderalan - Lost City on

Comments

• Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    From what I heard Flying mobs are the best way to grind on an archer.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Gerrat - Sanctuary
    Gerrat - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    scroll to the 3rd post ^^ http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214212&page=2

get the sinstershooter (lvl 42 sling) and if you got too much money ~~ than buy some training scrolls

Edit: sorry forgot the link lol xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    How much dose it sell for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How much dose it sell for?

On LC, a Sinister Shooter sells for 750-1.5mil.
    As for XP scrolls, they sell for about 50k.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As for BEST mobs and BEST locations, I'm probably not too much use to you. In selecting a spot though, find one with a high abundance of mobs... and kill for extended periods of time.

Once you get to the point where quests become few and far between (around level 40)... consider letting your quests accumulate for a few levels then hitting them all at once -- this will save you travel time and let you get some serious grinding done in between.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    wow thanks that dose sound like a great tip.

Are aoes worth geting on an archer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Barrage lev 1 will allow you to Zhen after lev 59. Which is an incredibly effective method of converting $$ into XP.
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Could Mystical Tomes help a lot?
    Also how do you get + exp items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • RanSama - Sanctuary
    RanSama - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Tomes are helpful to Venomancers, but I don't know about to archers. Charms are what will help you more.

You can get +exp items from crafting or identifying drops. Some tomes give +1%EXP Along with a regen boost.
  • Gerrat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    well if you got REALLY much money than you can buy tons of oracles(~~quest scroll with a weak boss target~~) but they're really expensive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Barrage lev 1 will allow you to Zhen after lev 59. Which is an incredibly effective method of converting $$ into XP.

I do not understand this?
    what is zhen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Gerrat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    read this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=262011 ^^

or short: it's an aoe squad for lvl 59+ players and it's too expensive =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Thank you for that. Great info.
    Any others have info?b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Zhen is not much faster than regular grinding. It's just an easy, but expensive way to lvl for the DD and cleric.

It's almost like botting for them LoL. Most go watch T.V or something. And the poor lurers like me spend hours pulling mobs. b:sad
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The best and fastest way to grinding is

1. locate all the flying and water mobs near you lvl from http://pwdatabase.com/pwi.
    2. find the one tht is easy to kill and gives more xp. (try to strike a balance between these).
    3. Get a party of 6 at almost your lvl. (full DD, 5DD 1cleric, etc but mostly dd party)
    4. Get some miji and start killing.

You can do this on quest mobs so u can finish the quest to get addition xp.
    Also see if u can get justice quest(lvl60+)/rep quest for the mob u grind on.
    This is a foolproof way for best xp whtever be the your lvl.
    Only way tht you can get more xp is maybe zhen or rebirth quest. (times i have got more xp grinding this wasy than zhen )
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @cal while you have good points i must say i cannot find a place where there are enough mobs for 6 people to kill, even fishing (when they werent orange anymore) could be cleared with 3 people and the top spot[west spot mid N/S] was best xp with 2 people me+cleric when they were finally white

and also miji=training scrolls please lets not confuse people with MY jibber jabber
  • Rivyr - Heavens Tear
    Rivyr - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Flying mobs are what I did to level decently fast. From lv 1 - 40s I grinded on whatever it didnt matter exp was still good. In my late 40s to early 50s vipion sentinals near the skull mtn place near jewelscalen. Also in the 50s Foxwing supremes above tusktown till about 62. In my 60s alucard minions in swamp of sorrows till about 70-72. In my 70s grind on elysium fowls near sanctuary, then dazzlewing moths Lake of woe near Dreamweaver till about 82. From 82-90 I fished ultrafin supremes in sea of isolation. There you have it a grind guide from 40s -90 for an archer on flying mobs then fishing at the end enjoy.XD

Esoterica training scrolls(exp scrolls) are a must for fast leveling, exp gear if you wish, and grouping with at least 3-4 people in a party that helps a whole lot. I group grinded since my 70s its the only way to go.

For those suggesting zhen lol wtf I've never zhenned, too expensive and grinding in a group is about the same exp.
    Best of luck to all the archers out there, back to class lol week of finals are so slow in college.
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Great, any other tips or ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Can I buy +exp armor from any were? Or Can I only make it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Use the Auction house to search for +XP items.
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Flying mobs is the best i found for lvl 40+ so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • aceheart
    aceheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wow thanks that dose sound like a great tip.

Are aoes worth geting on an archer?

AOE rock for archer if you can get a good one it will cut your killing time in half espically cause of the way archers kill in the distance
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Know of any good aoe spots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Zhen. Don't AOE outside of Zhen unless you have a death wish.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can AoE grind with a single cleric, if the cleric knows what (s)he is doing. They do most of the work (lure, heal, and tank), you just deal extra damage to speed up the process.

Clerics can solo AoE grind, summarized as follows:

- Enter flight mode
    - Spam Ironheart on self.
    - Lure a few mobs
    - Repeat heal-and-lure until cleric has lured enough mobs
    - Drop from flying (if ground mobs)
    - Move around until all of the mobs chasing cleric converges on a single point
    - Spam Ironheart on self
    - Attack with an AoE.
    - Pick off survivors.

You can join in by doing the following:
    - Enter flight mode or use a loyal mount.
    - Cast Winged Shell for some protection.
    - Lure a few mobs, about 3 or 4 at most.
    - The cleric will heal you, and thus draw aggro off of you onto themselves via healing aggro. They will also be healing themselves, so be prepared to drink potions or heal yourself with a genie.
    - After nothing is chasing you (because the cleric took all the aggro), go lure another 3 or 4 mobs.
    - Repeat until the cleric has stopped luring more mobs and is just moving them all onto a single convergence point. Don't lure any more mobs.
    - Drop from flying (if ground mobs)
    - Wait for the cleric to attack first (so (s)he keeps aggro), and then you can use your AoE skills (Thunderous Blast, Sharpened Tooth Arrow, and occasionally Barrage).
    - Pick off any last survivors. This will also help you regain chi if you need it.

If you find the cleric is unable to heal both him/herself and you, then let the cleric do all of the luring, and you only attack after the cleric attacks. That is, only do the above last two steps. In that case, you can grind on a solo mob while waiting for the cleric to lure (and thus avoid any idle time, or you can regain chi).

Clerics can AoE grind after level 59, when they receive the AoE skill Tempest. Prior to 59, you probably won't find any clerics to AoE grind with.

I have never zhenned before, so I cannot compare which is more efficient. This way is definitely more fun for me, and does not need an MP charm. You probably want an HP charm, though. As an example, I used up 50k of my HP cham in 1 hour, at level 79 while AoE grinding with a level 81 cleric (at level 85 mobs).

Reference:

A link to a guide for Clerics AoE grinding: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=252792

You can sometimes see it in action at the Lake of Woe (west of Dreamweaver) against the moths.
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i think its easy for clerics to aoe grind on poison mobs.....well thats what i hear cus of purify
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've been grinding on Riders + justice quests for them (Since level 66 too). Grind an hour turn in justice quest get 22k for it. Been working for me lol.

So My input, grind + justice quest, for those who can't afford training scrolls to grind on spinewraths.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Eso's are worth 50k each.. or 55k.. im sure you gain more then 55k/hour
  • jouno
    jouno Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A friend and I have been arguing about whether or not group grinding with only 2 people cuts the amount of exp that they both get if they are both within the same lvl range. So I would like to know, is there an exp reduction in a group that can only be overcome by more people or is it the same amount of exp for each monster killed as if they were being soloed?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Assuming you kill mobs at the same rate as each other, you get an XP benefit.

With 2 people in a squad, when you kill a single mob, you get over 50% of the normal XP. So, squadding gives XP benefits assuming you kill mobs at about the same rate.

This benefit increases per squad member. One way to get good XP is to have a team of 6 people near the same level in the same squad, and all using esotericas and grinding at a good location. I have heard doing this for an hour is comparable to zhenning, though this is third-hand knowledge.