Please, Devs, can we have more....?

FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
I was just puttering around online, and happened across the site where screeshots for the oriental versions of PW are posted. and after going through the album, i am SO frustrated! they have so many beautiful things, and they have them all *now*....not at some nebulous "someday". No marketing schemes, no weird,short event with impossible odds on getting a good drop...things seem to be simply available to them. Beautiful clothes (and i dont mean just skimpy, revealing outfits like the recently released ones,) but beautiful outfits that were to have come out with the chinese new year event, other mounts, wings...many other things. here is a link to the site:

http://my.mmosite.com/?controller=Channel&action=GamePhoto&gid=719&ss_tid=

I really want to know why it is that we have to wait for things that they have already? it cant be a matter of seeing if it works- obviously, they do, so there is no concerns of glitches from newly made items. the only reason i can see is that the PWI company wants to maintain too much control, or something. but its **very** frustrating to see how slowly things are being brought over. why was the game not brought over in toto, and not in this dribs and drabs manner?

please, guys? lets have the whole game now, and not at some nebulous future date, that never seems to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ZephyrX says "Patience is virtue"

and.. that he can't read chinese
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Exorcist - Harshlands
    Exorcist - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ZephyrX says "Patience is virtue"

and.. that he can't read chinese

If you can't read Chinese, you don't belong on the Internet.

I can't read Chinese either.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you can't ready Chinese, you don't belong on the Internet.

I can't read Chinese either.

But what does readying Chinese have to do with reading Chinese? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exorcist - Harshlands
    Exorcist - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    But what does readying Chinese have to do with reading Chinese? b:puzzled

Jesus Christ, I'm sorry for the typo. b:surrender
    edited April 2009
    Jesus Christ, I'm sorry for the typo. b:surrender

It was funnier the other way. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah i agree.

The lack of options while seeing how the other game has more stuff makes things suck really. And I believe it does hurt the fanbase.

I get tired of the fashion/mounts easy - cause when i view the rest of the previous installed items ; already been worned or don't look as cool. While the cool mounts/fashions are not in yet, and it seems they input a set every 2 months it gets boring. I'm actually kind of tired of this game with lack of fun options.

We can't have a special mount without HAVING to buy it within a week or it's gone or have to enter some ridiculous drawing. I mean the Ancient Boa was for a week or two [i forgot] and players take advantage by selling it for 10mil+. The HellHound was there for one week then it's gone. Is this going tobe the process? I hope not. -_-

>.> Also i would liek to know why we don't have Chienkun to transfer refining FFS. You guys make enough money already off other things no need to kill the higher levels with the cost of orbs/upgrading to 6+

IDK; hopefully they turn it around ; but with these lame events/sales i don't think so.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    #1 PWI is still a baby compared to the Chinese version
    #2 The GMs and Team here dont decide when we get the stuff, the chinese company says when. PWI is ran by the mother company :|

along with the testing, localizing, etc. alot of times they give you a little bit at a time as you have a TON of things avaliable now, if they just gave it to you all right away, youd get bored with it, and start demanding more. Be satisfied and enjoy what you have, dont be your typical human and always expect everything to run in unison with the parent game/expect to have what they have, worry bout what you have now ;P.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    #1 PWI is still a baby compared to the Chinese version
    #2 The GMs and Team here dont decide when we get the stuff, the chinese company says when. PWI is ran by the mother company :|

along with the testing, localizing, etc. alot of times they give you a little bit at a time as you have a TON of things avaliable now, if they just gave it to you all right away, youd get bored with it, and start demanding more. Be satisfied and enjoy what you have, dont be your typical human and always expect everything to run in unison with the parent game/expect to have what they have, worry bout what you have now ;P.

i see what your saying and everything..

but at the pace there running, maybe another year or so we'll finally have everything, that's a slow pace IMO..

most of the high levels will probably have left by then without having to really enjoy the game while the newer ones will probably get bored.

let's not forget alone the CashShop is brutal as it is - satsification lowers.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how can you speak for the entire crowd? this seems to be running at the pace of my previous MMO, major expansion every few months, which works out well and fine. I played another MMO prior to this, that got updated biweekly, and caught up extremely fast, and people STILL whined. Its just stupid human nature to never be satisfied with what you have, and always wanting more.

Growing up dirt poor Ive had to learn that the hard way :|.
    edited April 2009
    Some MMO communities get to wait 1 to 2 years before getting new stuffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Some MMO communities get to wait 1 to 2 years before getting new stuffs.

Indeed. I know of an mmo that has not had 1 single update for over a year now. Not 1 thing.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    its not just the items, of course. there are many areas that are closed off that obviously were once intended to be dungeons, tantalising chests surrounded by mobs protecting it, and so much more. those who have played the oriental versions tell about these places, youtube shows them, but we dont have them...b:sad

doesnt anyone want to know what sort of dungeon the Tomb of the Shining Tide would be like? or why so much effort was put into decorating Scorpion Valley with beautiful crystals, but there are no quests (that i know of, at least) that have folks in there to see them. i for one, would love to learn about all this and more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited April 2009
    its not just the items, of course. there are many areas that are closed off that obviously were once intended to be dungeons, tantalising chests surrounded by mobs protecting it, and so much more. those who have played the oriental versions tell about these places, youtube shows them, but we dont have them...b:sad

doesnt anyone want to know what sort of dungeon the Tomb of the Shining Tide would be like? or why so much effort was put into decorating Scorpion Valley with beautiful crystals, but there are no quests (that i know of, at least) that have folks in there to see them. i for one, would love to learn about all this and more!

*disembodied voice*

Eventually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I was just puttering around online, and happened across the site where screeshots for the oriental versions of PW are posted. and after going through the album, i am SO frustrated! they have so many beautiful things, and they have them all *now*....not at some nebulous "someday". No marketing schemes, no weird,short event with impossible odds on getting a good drop...things seem to be simply available to them. Beautiful clothes (and i dont mean just skimpy, revealing outfits like the recently released ones,) but beautiful outfits that were to have come out with the chinese new year event, other mounts, wings...many other things. here is a link to the site:

Lol it's like that in EVERY game I have played. Asian versions of the game seem to always have better and more frequent events, more content, better odds, etc. But atleast this game has tradeable cash shop gold.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    doesnt anyone want to know what sort of dungeon the Tomb of the Shining Tide would be like? or why so much effort was put into decorating Scorpion Valley with beautiful crystals

89 Demon Cultivation makes you get a crystal from there. It's surrounded by high level monsters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its kinda like using windows 95 in USA and windows XP in China. Then every month we get an update towards XP.

I dont see why we cant all be in XP.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its kinda like using windows 95 in USA and windows XP in China. Then every month we get an update towards XP.

I dont see why we cant all be in XP.

Pay the Perfect World Company basically 50 Billion Dollars* and buy the company or at least >50% of their stock.

Then, anything you say, goes.

*Note I have no clue or give a dam to how much the actual company costs, but I think 50 Billion dollars is enough to buy out most companies. Meh, you'll lose a couple of billion here and there, but isn't that bad b:chuckle

P.S. Oh yea, we can't all be in Windows XP is because if everyone were given windows XP. They would want Windows Vista instead. But after they get Vista they will all QQ and quit the game because Vista is only prettier with a **** load of useless ****.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You guys seem to forget that this game is free.

Did I forget to say its free? Cause it is.

You spoiled brats.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes but its not realy fair that the genies come out now (dont get me wrong i lowe they wil come just the conditions arent exactly fair) -.- noobs wil have such an easier job at lvling and ewen evolving theyre genie i think that it would be only fair that we would get a genie near our lvl b:surrender
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes but its not realy fair that the genies come out now (dont get me wrong i lowe they wil come just the conditions arent exactly fair) -.- noobs wil have such an easier job at lvling and ewen evolving theyre genie i think that it would be only fair that we would get a genie near our lvl b:surrender

Hercs and Nixes start at lvl 1... it makes sense if the genies do as well.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009

First off a comment for the general point for this thread. I totally think things are progressing just fine. Keep up the good work!!

Now about this quote....Plain and simple. Can you QQ any more.....b:cry If it isn't that Fleash Ream is not fair now its not fair that one has to level their Genies to counter the Bleeding ability.....b:shocked
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The bored and the free thing have no grounds.

I think that they might not bring full version here due to extra cost they might have to incure (server, employes, ect.). This could be a valid argument as they have to do things for a profit.

But the bored and free thing are not valid arguments IMO.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hey at least it isn't wow, How many years did they have to wait for wrath of the litch king. Sure this game has already been completed in china but the point is, if people started getting bored and quitting wow than that 12 mil plus would drop. but than again it has fun PvP that you dont have to be rich or be in a guild to enter. Maybe the PWI Arena needs something like Capture the flag.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I started this game on another char back after Christmas. My first char was a BM. Which was axes all the way. I can't wait to make one that uses swords, and then one that uses fists. After of course I make a cleric after this wizard. This is the very first game I've played in which you could build not only how you like but FOR specific gears and weapons YOU want to use. Ok so set that aside...

Since I've been on here in 5 months<less> I have seen at least 2 new mounts, 4-6 new outfits and COUNTLESS other items come about. Ok.. they came out with new fash a week later everyone is bored with it. WTH? Do you honestly expect something new once a week? Not only would that be a bad move on their part but... that would spin the game economy into such a bad state that no one would want to play.

Ok so all the ppl complaining about the prepaid cards being ONLY in the U.S. please listen to the U.S. ppl complaining about the nice stuff that other countries have on their version. So learn chinease and play that version :)

We could all suggest something that we'd like to be different about the game *IE* I think we should get daily interest for money in the bank* However; do as they ask, submit a ticket. If its a good idea, truly a good idea eventually they will implement it. EVENTUALLY!!! As I stated in a prior post>>> In this buy it and have it NOW society you buy things overpriced. Quit giving them money and things will change. Boas only cost 12 mil to buy b/c someone PAYS 12 mil to buy it. QUIT IT!!! If ppl refuse to buy them for more than 5 mil .. eventually someone needing to sell it, will sell it for that. YOU determine the price for things, not the seller. If the buyer is willing to pay it, the seller would be a moron not to take that price for it. DUH!!

In short, complain all you want. It changes nothing except it makes ppl want to blacklist you and tune you out!!

BTW GMS and Admins... the leather coat outfit was totally hot!! Can't wait to get it here (but I will do so patiently) :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]