Gameplay is too rapid and Character doesn't like to move

miuzuki
miuzuki Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
I'm new to the game and the first thing I noticed was how akwardly fast everything was moving...

I also try to move around and my character likes to zip back to where it was just a second before...

I'm not sure if this is a settings problem but if it is I'd like some help solving it so I could enjoy the game better xD

- It's playing normally now even though I didn't do anything >_>
Post edited by miuzuki on

Comments

• Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lag is your answer. Its not the game itself.
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    you could try clicking on the 'best performance' button. it should work better then
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Amyreth - Harshlands
    Amyreth - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    miuzuki wrote: »
    I'm new to the game and the first thing I noticed was how akwardly fast everything was moving...

I also try to move around and my character likes to zip back to where it was just a second before...

I'm not sure if this is a settings problem but if it is I'd like some help solving it so I could enjoy the game better xD

- It's playing normally now even though I didn't do anything >_>

This happens on computers with multi-core cpu's. You will have to execute the game in windowed mode, then open up task manager go to processes tab, right click on elementclient.exe select affinity and un-check one of the CPU cores.
    I have another post around somewhere that gives more detailed instructions on how to do this.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2009
    Here's more detailed instructions on the multi-core thing:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741721&postcount=7
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

This discussion has been closed.