I have little-lag problems since i started.

vorths
vorths Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
I played PWI for 2 months and i never experienced high lag problems, but i ALWAYS experienced a little lag problems... everywhere and everything i do!
For example, after i click on a spell it waits 1-2 seconds before starting the channel time, after i click on a mob it lasts 1-2 seconds before i really target it, after eveything i do it waits 1-2 seconds before doing it... i dont know why... i have a good modem and i opened TCP port 29000 for firewall.

No matter where i am, if alone in the sea or inside a populated city... the 1-2 seconds late till the action have effect are always the same.

What can I do?

It is terrible for a wizard like me because sometimes that little lag prevents me from casting 3 spells with essential sutra :( same for eveything else, like using distance shrink at the right time or healing me in time.b:cry
Post edited by vorths on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    might be that your graphics card/ram aren't high enough

try turning some of the graphic settings in the game down a little
  • vorths
    edited April 2009
    I tried to lower the graphics quality even to 0 making the game graphic quality similar to doom 1 lol but that little lag didnt change...b:surrender

I have

1gb ram
    3.40GHz processor (2 cpus)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT graphic card 512 MB
  • Amyreth - Harshlands
    Amyreth - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    vorths wrote: »
    I tried to lower the graphics quality even to 0 making the game graphic quality similar to doom 1 lol but that little lag didnt change...b:surrender

I have

1gb ram
    3.40GHz processor (2 cpus)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT graphic card 512 MB

Make sure the game is only using one of your processors by adjusting the processor affinity. Also, some anti-virus programs do active scanning by "checking" any programs that are running. So you may need to disable this. If your not using high-speed internet like DSL or a cable modem, then your using dial-up access and your lag would be related to the quality of your connection. A good way to test to see if it's some other application is to use msconfig and disable all your startup items and reboot. Try the game, if it works better, then you can start re-enabling items one at a time till you figure out which one is causing the problem or if something is causing the problem.
  • vorths
    edited April 2009
    adjust affinity processor? i dont know what it means...

however i already did the msconfing-job :P
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Try playing at different times throughout the day if you can. Lately for me DW has been often (but not always) unplayable during the morning and afternoon my time.

And Briegg, you got confused between grx lag and net lag. b:laugh
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • vorths
    edited April 2009
    I'm in Italy and i tried to play at every hour, in the morning, afternoon, evening, night, even around 4-5 AM (cause sadly TW are at that hour for me, they should fix that and put TW better distributed through the day).

Hovever no matter which time i log in, the little lag is always the same.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Distance and amount of relays the data has to go through can add to this issue, but for some even near the servers may experience this too. Unfortunately it's not affecting enough people at a time to make PWE look far into it, and not everyone will report it in good time.
    Non-mule characters:

• vorths
    edited April 2009
    geez... so there is no way to fix that... fine

last question... is there any chance that they would change in the future the hour time system for TW?

im tired of waking up at 4-5 am just for territory wars lol... is this PW international or not? b:sad
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Actually you may experience better or worser connections with different ISPs. Also different connections to your ISP may make a difference. You might even have other software on your system which could be affecting it.
    Non-mule characters:

This discussion has been closed.