So many pets, so little space!

Kirashan - Dreamweaver
Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Ok, here's my issue. I have too many pets that I want to use. I've had a C.Mag since 17 that I love to use for it's tanking ability, and I have a Sawfly for air attacks. Now I'm at the point now (low 40's) where I'm starting to get into some of the decent "alt" pets, like the mech crab and the eldergoth marksman. I just started usingnthe mech crab and am loving it a lot. It seems to work well as a decent tank in most cases, it looks cool as hell, and it's less common, which is another little plus for me. So there's three pets. I have three slots.

My question: Is the Eldergoth worth the trouble of scrapping or egging one of my exisiting pets? I'd like to use it as a ranged puller, but I'm not sure it it's really worth it's salt, if you catch my drift. Is it a decent enough pet that I should shell out the coin for cage expansion? Or should I just let it go and be done with it?
Post edited by Kirashan - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    An extra pet bag slot is probably worth getting, regardless of wether you'll be keeping the Eldergoth or not, as it may make it easier for you to try out new pets whilst at the same time keeping your current roster. If you got your 3rd slot collecting hay, you can still try the quest for collecting fruit which should be somewhat easy to do at your level. I will warn you collecting 50 fruit can be something of a drag, but it's usually worth it as those mobs that drop it will usually give you a good amount of dq items as well. On the other hand, pet cages are cheap enough you shouldn't have much trouble.

As for the Eldergoths i couldn't really tell you as i personally never cared for them, although many venos consider them to be great pets and their ranged attacks do open up some possibilities for pulling and a rare form of ranged tanking. Guess the best way of finding if they're right for you is to try them out yourself. Good luck and i hope this is useful.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the input, Surfer! I think that I will try gathering fruit for a while and see how that goes. As long as it isn't like the Hay farming (which was REALLY a drag) it should be fine.

I'd be curious to hear from others about their experiences with the Eldergoth, both + and -, to help me decide if it's worth keeping though.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:shocked It's not likely you'll find farming fruit a good alternative if collecting hay was something you disliked much. While it's much easier, it really does take a much longer time. Looooong!
  • Flyingpix - Heavens Tear
    Flyingpix - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I currently have my 4th slot filled with an eldergoth marksman and it has been a pretty good pet. The ranged attack that it is has when you click off its bash skill and such comes in hand for pulling mobs. My guild mates when we help others with FB19 ALWAYS ask me to use the eldergoth on the boss due to its agro taking skill and peirce making it easier on the cleric not to have to continually heal the tank. So yes I'd say it has been a worthwhile pet to have since we do help with FB19's a lot and can't always find a high level barb to tank leaving us stuck with a BM as main tank. The eldergoth then acts as the barb roll keeping as much of the agro as possible. I find that its got enough HP/Pdef/Mdef to throw in a nuke between heals so that makes it all the better.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have 5 slots and this is enough for me: I have mag and phys tanks(Froggy&Volcano), puller(Steelfang Grimalkin, in future maybe Kowlin), free slot for water pet(I don't have one righ now, cuz I haven't time to play), air pet(Safly ofc). I don't need mount very much, I have my max upgraded Swiftshadow b:dirty He is the best(his name is Angel b:chuckle)

EDIT: Ok, I agree 5 slots isn't enough xD I have now 6, and tried this Scorpion on 2 lvl to do pvp pet for instances(fb, hh etc.)
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory