Pole BM vs magic

Options
unoxx
unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Blademaster
Hi all,

When I reached lvl 60 I got the Petrified Lance to replace my Sound Chaser, because the statts were just a bit better.
Im lvl 64 now, and in the swamp almost every mob starts with a magic attack. The problem with the Lance is, that is has a bit more range. 5 meters. And that seems the be exactly the range for all mobs melee attacks. This means that unless I move in closer @ magic mobs after the first stun to avoid the first magic attack, they keep using their magic! It annoys the hell out of me.

Did I make a mistake by replacing my Sound Chaser? Or are there strategies to avoid this problem?

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Thanks
Post edited by unoxx on

Comments

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    unoxx wrote: »
    Hi all,

When I reached lvl 60 I got the Petrified Lance to replace my Sound Chaser, because the statts were just a bit better.
    Im lvl 64 now, and in the swamp almost every mob starts with a magic attack. The problem with the Lance is, that is has a bit more range. 5 meters. And that seems the be exactly the range for all mobs melee attacks. This means that unless I move in closer @ magic mobs after the first stun to avoid the first magic attack, they keep using their magic! It annoys the hell out of me.

Did I make a mistake by replacing my Sound Chaser? Or are there strategies to avoid this problem?

Thanks

Don't click on mob to start attack click on ground in front of mob you'll get into the melee range and fight goes on the old way...you stun and continue phys atk. Problem solved
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    unoxx wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks

Any of this:

1.- Walk a little closer to the mob using WASD.
    2.- Target the mob and use Tiger Leap to get inside the meele range.
    3.- Start your first attack with Shadowless Kick then equip your Spear and keep attacking.
    4.- Click on the ground instead of the mob, to move closer to it.
    4.5.- Click on the ground instead of the mob to move closer to the meele range, once you're inside use Aeolian Blade to cancel the first magic attack.
    5.- Start your first attack using Aeolian Blade, if the Stun lands just move a little closer with WASD.
    6.- Use Sound Chaser and wait until level 70 to use Flame Scythe.

Try all from number 1 to 5, and master them. Any problems you have with the range will be solved.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Tnx guys, I'm gonna try the tactics out!