amyreth
amyreth Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Support Desk
I'm running
Windows XP Professional 64bit edition
AMD XP 4400 duel core processor
NVIDIA GT9800 Graphics card
2 gigs ram

I noticed that I was having what might be termed as bad lag or jumpy performance. I would click on an area to move to and then it was like my character would take three steps forward, then two back and eventually I'd get there. Everything seemed to be moving at a hyper mode. Well, I fixed the issue and thought the solution might be of some help for others and it might even fix a few other issues. Now, keep in mind this only applies to anyone that has duel core processors. (or mult-core processors)
First you have to have the game running. Make sure you are in windowed mode and logged in. You also may need to have administrative privileges.
Once you are logged in bring up the task manager. Press and hold down the control and Alt keys (ctrl and alt) at the same time then press the del key and release all three. (ctrl + alt + del) This should bring up the task manager.
In some cases you can also do this by right clicking on the task bar and selecting task manager.
Now you have to go to the processes tab and find the program that says elementclient.exe (in 64 bit clients it should read elementclient.exe*32)
Now right click on it to get a menu and select affinity. Uncheck ONE of the cpu check boxes. Click Ok and close out of everything.

That's it. Basically affinity tells the computer witch processor or "core" the program has access to. By de-selecting one of these "cores" it limits the game to a single core.
Hope this helps others.
Post edited by amyreth on

Comments

• Amyreth - Harshlands
    Amyreth - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    amyreth wrote: »
    I'm running
    Windows XP Professional 64bit edition
    AMD XP 4400 duel core processor
    NVIDIA GT9800 Graphics card
    2 gigs ram

I noticed that I was having what might be termed as bad lag or jumpy performance. I would click on an area to move to and then it was like my character would take three steps forward, then two back and eventually I'd get there. Everything seemed to be moving at a hyper mode. Well, I fixed the issue and thought the solution might be of some help for others and it might even fix a few other issues. Now, keep in mind this only applies to anyone that has duel core processors. (or mult-core processors)
    First you have to have the game running. Make sure you are in windowed mode and logged in. You also may need to have administrative privileges.
    Once you are logged in bring up the task manager. Press and hold down the control and Alt keys (ctrl and alt) at the same time then press the del key and release all three. (ctrl + alt + del) This should bring up the task manager.
    In some cases you can also do this by right clicking on the task bar and selecting task manager.
    Now you have to go to the processes tab and find the program that says elementclient.exe (in 64 bit clients it should read elementclient.exe*32)
    Now right click on it to get a menu and select affinity. Uncheck ONE of the cpu check boxes. Click Ok and close out of everything.

That's it. Basically affinity tells the computer witch processor or "core" the program has access to. By de-selecting one of these "cores" it limits the game to a single core.
    Hope this helps others.
    EDIT...
    Didn't realize this was already mentioned in the system requirements, however, this might give basic information on how this process is accomplished. I've also had limited success with increasing the priority as well.
This discussion has been closed.