Tired of all the Wizards Suck Threads

Jestersig - Heavens Tear
Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
Wizards don't suck that bad and even if you think they do what is the point in opening all of these wizard suck threads. Between PWI and PW-MY I've tried all the different classes and honestly wizard was the most fun for me. It's not an easy class and requires some strategy which I like. I may not be the "bestest uber pwnage badass" on the server but I have fun playing the game and I have no trouble grinding or questing solo. If you want something easy, go get your veno and herc and stop bashing those who choose to have a challenge.

Flame away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Jestersig - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No flames. Wizzy's are the most fun. Most of the wizzy whines are cause they have a tough time pre-6x and then are substandard PvP until 8x. Don't tell anyone though! Wizzy propaganda machine wants us to be the heroic underdogs!
  • Arteg - Sanctuary
    Arteg - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maybe there's so many "Wizards suck" threads because (get this...) they suck!

And I've never understood the challenging/fun argument. Is it denial? You can still have fun playing an un-gimped class. For a challenge, play a barb -- it's tough, costs are high, you're slow to kill enemies without help...but you're very useful and good at what you do: tank. For the "Wizard challenge", play your cleric/veno and just don't buff,heal or call your pet for a week, then you can go back to playing the game afterwards. For the full wizard experience, tell your buddies you're not gonna use a pet or heal and try to get in a TT run.

Fun times...
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For the "Wizard challenge", play your cleric/veno and just don't buff,heal or call your pet for a week, then you can go back to playing the game afterwards.
    cleric and veno do not have WoP, FoW, blink, sutra and undine strike, so it'll be a bit... masohistic making wannabe-wiz of them

Yeah, wizard sucks, it's fact.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love you all.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Maybe there's so many "Wizards suck" threads because (get this...) they suck!

And I've never understood the challenging/fun argument. Is it denial? You can still have fun playing an un-gimped class. For a challenge, play a barb -- it's tough, costs are high, you're slow to kill enemies without help...but you're very useful and good at what you do: tank. For the "Wizard challenge", play your cleric/veno and just don't buff,heal or call your pet for a week, then you can go back to playing the game afterwards. For the full wizard experience, tell your buddies you're not gonna use a pet or heal and try to get in a TT run.

Fun times...

So why are you playing a wiz? What are your personal motivations?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    All other classes are pretty much straight forward to build. Wizz goes into a different direction. Ppl love to hate a wizz because it's so hard to get a build right. But one u get it, with the right gear and wpn and u'r skilled enough to take advantage of that build, nothing stands in his way. It's a high risk high reward gamble.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    To the wizard haters, stfu.
    I primarily play my BM and Veno characters, but also have a cleric, barb, and archer. I just started a wizard character recently, and although still low level, I have to say, it is a very cool class. I love it!

Yeah, it has its challenges, but if you take the time to look around, there are some very successful, and very powerful high level mages out there. Maybe the people who say wiz's suck don't have the skills or patience to develop the playing style needed to succeed.
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wizards don't suck that bad and even if you think they do what is the point in opening all of these wizard suck threads. Between PWI and PW-MY I've tried all the different classes and honestly wizard was the most fun for me. It's not an easy class and requires some strategy which I like. I may not be the "bestest uber pwnage badass" on the server but I have fun playing the game and I have no trouble grinding or questing solo. If you want something easy, go get your veno and herc and stop bashing those who choose to have a challenge.

Flame away.

Remember two things, 1) people are morons, if they don't have the skill to play the class they say it sucks 2) forums rot your brain
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    To the wizard haters, stfu.
    I primarily play my BM and Veno characters, but also have a cleric, barb, and archer. I just started a wizard character recently, and although still low level, I have to say, it is a very cool class. I love it!

Yeah, it has its challenges, but if you take the time to look around, there are some very successful, and very powerful high level mages out there. Maybe the people who say wiz's suck don't have the skills or patience to develop the playing style needed to succeed.
    Ever thought of the fact that other classes have it much easier? Getting into FBs and HHs more easily, being easier to play in pvp, easier exp gain, being useful in parties, etc. Pretty much every class has something they're good at, EXCEPT wizards, they're just mid-rate at best all over the board. THAT is why they suck. Talk about this end-game **** all you want, you still suck for the majority of your levels and regardless of your level a veno with a phoenix will roll your sorry **** in most cases with far less effort.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Being_Right - Lost City
    Being_Right - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lettem say wiz sucks, who cares? In the end if less people play it means cheaper sage/demon skill books for you all b:pleased .
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Ever thought of the fact that other classes have it much easier? Getting into FBs and HHs more easily, being easier to play in pvp, easier exp gain, being useful in parties, etc. Pretty much every class has something they're good at, EXCEPT wizards, they're just mid-rate at best all over the board. THAT is why they suck. Talk about this end-game **** all you want, you still suck for the majority of your levels and regardless of your level a veno with a phoenix will roll your sorry **** in most cases with far less effort.

• Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love and adore my wizard, and I've never thought for a moment that she sucked.

Why am I doing this?

1) I like casting. Fire / Ice - right down my happy highway.

2) I hate pets. I don't want someone else doing my work. I've never played a pet class for long. It's just not my thing.

3) I don't like healing people. Clerics get blamed for everything. They get the brunt of winers, and beggars, and needy people. I don't like playing that role.

4) I don't like tanking. I prefer to do damage, and lots of it.

5) Blademasters are actually neat. I played one for 18 levels, then went back to my wizard.

Why do I play a wizard? Because I love playing a wizard. Full stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    does anyone love me? b:bye
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I enjoy playing my wizard, more than any other class. Doesn't change the fact that wizards got the short end, though.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Pretty much every class has something they're good at, EXCEPT wizards, they're just most powerful damage dealers.
    FIXED.
    (10 wizards)
    --
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    FIXED.
    (10 wizards)
    If you ignore the fact that an archer can take off 16% HP with the first shot (Sharpened Tooth Arrow), and that an archer 5 levels lower than you probably does more damage per second than you do.

And if you consider costs, wizards are even more screwed. Archers use 1 arrow per shot, Wizards use 50-100k MP for the average challenging boss.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you ignore the fact that an archer can take off 16% HP with the first shot (Sharpened Tooth Arrow), and that an archer 5 levels lower than you probably does more damage per second than you do.

And if you consider costs, wizards are even more screwed. Archers use 1 arrow per shot, Wizards use 50-100k MP for the average challenging boss.

and mana cant be leached off of archers >_>b:sad
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    If you ignore the fact that an archer can take off 16% HP with the first shot (Sharpened Tooth Arrow),
    That's right, this debuff is very useful.
    and that an archer 5 levels lower than you probably does more damage per second than you do.
    And that's WRONG. On 5X as a FAC (not even a wiz!) i've leveled for a while in squad with archers of same lvl. Archers killed mobs slower than me (i don't remember exact numbers, but when they use knockback, i just finish mob with cyclone). On later levels they get more crits so dps catches up with wizard's, but more dps? No way.
    So what? Being the most powerful damage dealer comes with some price - and it is not really high if you think about cleric's or barb's expences. Also, there is nothing like "arrow regenerating" apoth powder b:chuckle
    --
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    I can't agree. depends on mobs. Last night there were 2 venos and me at Ultrafin Spot. I killed on par with them and most of the time the kill ration was 3/2 for me. Like me, both of them were on Eso

100k MP? come on. Never used more than 20-30k MP in fb51 , and that was the longest/hardest I did until now. fb59 is a joke, as are the bosses in the "world". Maybe if u solo them then yeah, u get to that 100k/boss.
    Or if u're lvl 80 or something when u need to kill 3 mil HP boss.
    There is that magic thing called Appothecary, u can make some 100mp/sec x 10 minutes with 25 herbs. That's 60k MP at the cost of about 15-20k if u buy or free if u farm. beside that there are thos things that are even cheaper, 6000mp restore in 30 secs or something.

yeah, if u always buy stuff from shop, wizz is expensive, but so is every other class

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    50-100k per boss is realistic in TT, even on the cheapside really.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I can't agree. depends on mobs. Last night there were 2 venos and me at Ultrafin Spot. I killed on par with them and most of the time the kill ration was 3/2 for me. Like me, both of them were on Eso

100k MP? come on. Never used more than 20-30k MP in fb51 , and that was the longest/hardest I did until now. fb59 is a joke, as are the bosses in the "world". Maybe if u solo them then yeah, u get to that 100k/boss.
    Or if u're lvl 80 or something when u need to kill 3 mil HP boss.
    There is that magic thing called Appothecary, u can make some 100mp/sec x 10 minutes with 25 herbs. That's 60k MP at the cost of about 15-20k if u buy or free if u farm. beside that there are thos things that are even cheaper, 6000mp restore in 30 secs or something.

yeah, if u always buy stuff from shop, wizz is expensive, but so is every other class

you obviously have not killed some of the 7x bosses
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    obviously. look at my lvl, how the bip I could have done that? lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    obviously. look at my lvl, how the bip I could have done that? lol

then try to understand that ur lv 50, as u level up ur skills cost more mana to use and bosses have more hp meaning that you will use ALOT more mana,

Kristof is lv 8x
    im lv 7x

so the bosses we fight right now, which are the ones you will fight later
    suck A LOT of mana...
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    And that's WRONG. On 5X as a FAC (not even a wiz!) i've leveled for a while in squad with archers of same lvl. Archers killed mobs slower than me (i don't remember exact numbers, but when they use knockback, i just finish mob with cyclone). On later levels they get more crits so dps catches up with wizard's, but more dps? No way.

Yes way. Same thing I told you in the other thread. Take it up with the archers and the rest of the server if you don't believe. Thier DPS is higher, while we SPIKE higher. In a SHORT period of time we can out damage them pulling aggro. In a long period of time they will out damage us. Same thing with the FAC. A single hit will be harder, or a couple, after a period of time thier damage will eclipse ours.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wizards suck - almost 100 wizard
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:shutup i use 0 mp for hh runs lol mayby 10 pots is max..
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Try getting to 70 and do a boss in the same party as an equally equipped lv70 archer and let him spam normal shots. Then tell the barb to kill himself and see which damage dealer the boss will go for.

Realistic situation? No. But it's still true that at higher levels, your damage is far from the best. Same for your usefulness. Archers have an evasion/movement speed buff, Sharp Tooth Arrow and are far cheaper to do runs with, along with the higher DPS in general. And no, archers are not expensive. 10k arrows = 20k. You won't need any pots in some runs. Repair costs are pretty much equal.

And lol, I said 100k MP on the average challenging boss. On a full 1-3 or higher TT run, you'll easily go through more than that, especially if the party doesn't have other DDs.
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol, if your an undine **** like myself, 100k is cheap in say a 1-3 or 2-2 run. 600 mana and use it every 12 seconds. Or you can do the cheap Calibix technique of don't level DB past 5 until 89 and just DB every boss. As a bonus you get to go make food, take a leak, smoke etc etc. Enjoy :p

Oh, and wizards do suck. I love my wizard, but man, we so got the short end of the stick.
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You guys are missing the whole point of the thread. I don't care if anyone thinks wizards suck or not. You can think whatever you want, but the forum doesn't need to be bombarded with wizard suck threads. It's just like the veno's are overpowered threads. Who cares, play whatever character you like and enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    You guys are missing the whole point of the thread. I don't care if anyone thinks wizards suck or not. You can think whatever you want, but the forum doesn't need to be bombarded with wizard suck threads. It's just like the veno's are overpowered threads. Who cares, play whatever character you like and enjoy the game.
    Then don't read the forums or deal with the fact that it's going to be said at least once a day.

Because it's true.