FLy or Ride

hellrazor227
hellrazor227 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
im wondering which mount is the most effective and which one do u guys use more?
Post edited by hellrazor227 on

Comments

• Likairie - Sanctuary
    Likairie - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It depends, if I'm walking in a familiar area with monsters that won't one-shot kill me, I'll use my mount, since it's faster than an aerocraft. If I'm going to somewhere that I've either never been before, or someplace that has a lot of highleveled monsters on the ground, I will fly, just as an extra safety precaution. Dying - Not fun b:surrender
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Flying has a benefit in being able to go afk for a minute or two while reaching a destination. I do it all the time basically, saves coins and keeps me safe. Doesnt get boring either since you can do something else while your toon crosses half of the map.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its really a toss up, go mount if your more concerned about how cool you look, go flying mount if your more concerned with gameplay.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Aero-gear for autopathing. FTW.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Flying has a benefit in being able to go afk for a minute or two while reaching a destination. I do it all the time basically, saves coins and keeps me safe. Doesnt get boring either since you can do something else while your toon crosses half of the map.
    Aero-gear for autopathing. FTW.

↑ This.

I still don't have a mount. Although every now and then I entertain the possibility of buying a Panther, I get much more enjoyment out of the flexibility from being able to go afk while travelling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What everyone above said...

But also keep in mind if you know the area, mounts can be faster then the aero-gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Get both. Stick to the basic ones like Panther/Bear and free aerocraft, and it won't cost a lot, but lasts forever.b:victory
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I use both pretty much equally. AFK flight is awesome, but if I'm going to be at the keyboard then I use my land mount.
  • hellrazor227
    hellrazor227 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i bought the flying swan/goose ^^
  • Aizengon - Heavens Tear
    Aizengon - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I believe FLy would be the best choice do to the fact you can go over mountains and rivers or sea's faster ^^ but ppl have there own choices right?b:victory.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    a lot of variables go into what would work best for you.

1.my main is a veno, and my panther is something i use mostly to get around arch faster, or when on mat rounds. otherwise, i mostly fly, and for where i've been questing lately, its safter/necessary to fly in.

2.i have a lv20+ cleric, and because i created her with the main idea to be able to help other players, i got her a sika deer, and spurred it so she could ride it. so its kind of her 'ambulance' now, much faster for her to ride it to get to folks who need help than to fly.

..so, you see there can be as many different reasons as there are classes! ^_^

im wondering which mount is the most effective and which one do u guys use more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Gloom - Harshlands
    Gloom - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maxing the flying mount is important especially if your on a pvp server, having that extra speed could save you a doll. Another reason to get a better flying mount is so you can grind in air more effective; cutting down the time flying from monster to monster. And of course auto-path ftw b:thanks