Curious Question

Options
Cradyn - Dreamweaver
Cradyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
*points at level* I'm not one of those "high level" clerics. But i pride myself on my healing skills (mainly I like to think I'm fairly skilled with what power i do have at my level).

But I have noticed something. In runs, particularly FB's and the occasional random fun dungeon run I've been able to pull off. There's a reasonable reenactment of the same issue.

Scenario:: Tank(or supposed tank) will pull more than one mob. He's whacking away on one of them. Naturally..I'm smart enough to realize; If i heal him now. I'm going to pull the secondary mob. So i wait for him to hit half health before i throw the "oh Sh*" sign up and start healing like mad.

So...the scene moves to him being fully healed..and starting to pull a third mob..With me running in circles around the group with something on me. Spamming heals on myself. ~_~

Is this something i should expect at higher levels? And if so. Is there a way to save myself this issue? Like oh..i don't know. An ACTUAL "Oh Sh*" sign. maybe something that screams "Your cleric is being attacked. Save him" on their screen?

I'm leveling as quick as i possibly can. But no matter where i go. I still run across the same people who either don't realize their cleric needs to stay alive or Have this tendency to RUN from mobs attacking them instead of hitting it and letting me do MY job of keeping them alive.

So yea...Will this continue to be an issue? or Do clerics actually have a level where we get to play our job as buffer/healer without seriously bad squad runs(and yea..i realize idiots are everywhere. But come on...27 levels without even really "one" great group run....wth >_<)
Post edited by Cradyn - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I am playing a cleric myself and while I do run across some people who don't realise that I have aggro most are quite good. As long as I keep to those I am fine. Also ventrillo is perfect to start screaming at your tank to come rescue you. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    A good tank will take aggro on all the mobs, he wont let a cleric get aggro that easy lol.
    Your job at that point is just to spam heal him and every one is happy.
    b:dirty
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So i wait for him to hit half health before i throw the "oh Sh*" sign up and start healing like mad.
    That's your mistake. If you are the main healer in the squad, never put yourself in danger saving some noob or just stupid. Believe me, most people go much more adequate after couple of deaths - that is, if you explain them why you did not heal them.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Disasters can happen and yes ive been in your shoes where i wait....and wait...and give in and throw heals. Now if you grab aggro, just throw plume shell a heal and run to the tank. A good tank will see the mobs and grab it off you. Its hard for a tank to leave the mob he is killing to chase me around and grab a mob, also risking another member drawing aggro. It happens, but shouldn't happen often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cradyn - Dreamweaver
    Cradyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol Plume Shell. I waste enough mp having to spam heal myself. That shell would completely erase all leftover mp.

That may work at the higher levels (or for those who can afford to spam down for those charms). But at my level...Kinda would prefer a "pull one group, rest for 45 seconds while i regain mp". Sure it may take a bit longer to run a dungeon. But the timing isn't whats important.

It would probably also help if the dps in the group would realize they won't die by taking a mob off me. Sure they can't live on their own as long as the tank can. But as long as I"M not being hit. I can keep them up long enough to kill it.

*side question* I also haven't been able to figure out the mitigation between criticals. Granted i can easily see who's going to take more damage on a mob(frankly I'm tops in taking the most amount of damage in one hit). But is there any clear way to know what class can take on a mob one on one?

I know naturally a tank can do it. Due to his Def and health. But is there a rule as to who can survive a mobs crit's over who can't? Besides the always constant rule of thumb(if your wearing cloth, stand behind the wall)... Or can any archer/veno pet/blademaster person hold a mob with reasonable healing?(btw i've also learned i hate Veno pets. Not that their "not" a superb asset in many runs i go on. But i can't heal them worth ****....so if they die...its like...oh shiet!"
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    what do u use ironheart(maxed) or pureheart(i dont use it)? iron stalks so u can basicaly heal the tank 2-3 times be4 he goes kilin makes it a lot easier, then i can lay low for a while b:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But is there a rule as to who can survive a mobs crit's over who can't?
    Mobs do not crit.
    Besides the always constant rule of thumb(if your wearing cloth, stand behind the wall)... Or can any archer/veno pet/blademaster person hold a mob with reasonable healing?
    It depends. Good blademaster surely can, even better than tank due to quite a good hp and marrow physical (== insanely high def). Bms have nice selfheal and stuns, so in dungeons they usually do just this: hold mobs away while tank and cleric are busy. Archers and wizards also can do such a job, they are squishy (even archers are) but have a plenty of skills to keep mobs away. And of course robed classes shine against strong magical mobs, where bms and sometimes even barbs have to "stand behind the wall" b:chuckle
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Tell your tank to buy pots and stop healing that noob.

Tell your tank to learn how to be a punching bag and work his way to up to tank status.

Yea, nothing wrong with you. Just your party members are all noobs and deserved to fail and die. Don't waste your mana on noobs...
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Judging from your level I'd say two things are happening.

1) The Tank hasn't figured out his job yet.
    2) The Tank hasn't bought AoE aggro skills yet due to either level or n00bishness.

Sometimes you have to train the tanks.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'd agree with Will on this most likely being the result of being a lower level, and working with lower level "new"' tanks. It does get better as you get higher leveled and work with more seasoned tanks. You will run across tanks that still don't have the whole tanking thing down, but for the most part you'll find yourself struggling to stay alive less and less as you progress in levels.

As far as plume shell, I use it in emergencies only. A live cleric is infinitely more valuable than a dead one. Just make sure you at least have mp pots if nothing else. It is very difficult to do a FB run with no way to recharge your mp other than meditation. I am bad about forgetting to buy pots before a run (I'm too used to having a charm, which is not a good thing lol), and it sucks when you're running out of mana and things start to go south. You have no way to really fix things if you can't heal or cast and have no time to recharge, plus constant party wipes are not a good way to make yourself a sought out asset to a party in need of a cleric+.