Tips for solo'ing TT squad mode with a herc

Options
LhRag - Sanctuary
LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
(I have a feeling i'm going to draw the wrath of veno haters in this thread...)

i have never done a TT b4 cuz i've been fully grinding for the past 15 lvls for a hercules..
anyway i think i will get it by the end of the month and I'm wondering if there's any guides or just things i have to know so i don't just bump into the TT and get my herc killed (I don't want to lose my martin nestsb:cry)
so i want to know like...
-Is a hp charm essential or highly recommended?
-how do i deal with Lord of Percussion's(for example) AoE?
-and other stuff i may need to know

All advices appreciatedb:thanks
Post edited by LhRag - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    -Is a hp charm essential or highly recommended?

No, but it'll help.
    -how do i deal with Lord of Percussion's(for example) AoE?

I'm 99% sure you cant kill him on your own, even with a charm.
    -and other stuff i may need to know

Spam heal your pet and use bramble hood when you bring the armor boss in TT1-2, 1-3 away from the middle of the room. Oh, and dont even try to kill the Soulgatherer boss b:surrender
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:thanks thx for the quick reply =)
    I'm 99% sure you cant kill him on your own, even with a charm.

so do i skip this guy or something when solo'ing?b:puzzled
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    if you're planning to run 1-x, i would suggest you get a healer to help you. Else you will have to skip half of the bosses in there, even if you have a hp charm equipped. Remember that aoe from bosses can also interrupt your pet heals, so you should first try to tank all the bosses in there with a team so you can fall back on them if anything goes wrong. As for the running solo part, some speed, regen, defence apo pills might help b:mischievous

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:shocked<the dream of hercules=infinite amount of coins is shattering>b:shocked

so... wat are the parts i can actually solo? b:puzzled
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:shocked<the dream of hercules=infinite amount of coins is shattering>b:shocked

so... wat are the parts i can actually solo? b:puzzled

You can solo them all except the AOE bosses like drum and soulgatherer.
    Bosses like Dimentora (armor boss) will be the toughest. I'm pretty sure he has short range phys and mag damage AOE. Short range = 10 meter.

Bosses in TT2-x: Skip General Feng, unless you have apo stuff and a charm (but you'll still get killed probably), you can try the ape boss, but he's tough. And dont even think about the last boss in TT2-2 lol, he'll **** you with his summons. b:laugh

EDIT: I forgot about TT3-x. Dont even think of doing TT3-1, its an utter waste of time. And you won't be able to kill all the bosses anyway. Example: There is a boss in 3-1 (forgot the name), he is better known as the "4 min boss". You have 4 mins to kill him, if you dont, he'll do 50k damage to you. You'll need a full squad to take him down fast enough, so better to stick to TT1-2 or 1-3 :P
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You can solo them all except the AOE bosses like drum and soulgatherer.
    Bosses like Dimentora (armor boss) will be the toughest. I'm pretty sure he has short range phys and mag damage AOE. Short range = 10 meter.

Bosses in TT2-x: Skip General Feng, unless you have apo stuff and a charm (but you'll still get killed probably), you can try the ape boss, but he's tough. And dont even think about the last boss in TT2-2 lol, he'll **** you with his summons. b:laugh

EDIT: I forgot about TT3-x. Dont even think of doing TT3-1, its an utter waste of time. And you won't be able to kill all the bosses anyway. Example: There is a boss in 3-1 (forgot the name), he is better known as the "4 min boss". You have 4 mins to kill him, if you dont, he'll do 50k damage to you. You'll need a full squad to take him down fast enough, so better to stick to TT1-2 or 1-3 :P

on the contrary, the last boss in 2-2 can be taken down with 1 veno, u just have to position him very well. If u do, u'll only get the first mob in the first wave and 1 mobs in the 2nd way. And u can skip the last wave. If u have some crazy channeling gear, u can take the monkey in 2-2. U have to be full mag, and have like 36% channeling or something. Ur herc probably also needs blessing. 3-1 is actually worth it because the bosses u won't be able to kill is in solo mode. 1-2 drum boss is soloable, but ur HP charm is gonna get killed. 1-3 drum boss, i have trouble even at lvl91 cause it's mag att is so high, but that goes away when it starts aoeing.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ofcourse,if you're heavy,drum bosses aoe becomes a mere tickle to you,not a sledgehammer.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    2-x is not worth soloing, do it with friends, the monkey boss has an amplify damage that refreshes every ten seconds and increases his def/resistances, fengs HP debuff and melee AOE ****, wurlord has an overly powerful magic atk, etc.
    no he doesnt, he has a short range melee AOE, not magic.
    in 1-x you do chin to open doors, and make profit off dimentora/vipenalt.
    read my guide, it has good strategies and pictures on how to do them
    near the bottom: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=234672
    on the contrary, the last boss in 2-2 can be taken down with 1 veno, u just have to position him very well. If u do, u'll only get the first mob in the first wave and 1 mobs in the 2nd way.
    dont listen to this, the minions astral walker summons explode with heavy melee damage >_>; even alot of parties avoid him <_<:

drum boss, dont even bother soloing
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I got a lot of help from this thread -

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=168932&highlight=herc

The only thing we can't kill in TT1-1 squad is Lord of Precussion. He just hits too hard with his phys aoe. You might go thru a full gold charm...if you can even stand the hits.

TT1-2 squad hard to kills are Soulbanisher and Lord of Precussion.

Some people suggest heavy but then your pet will have problems staying alive because of your gimped heal. Maybe at 9x when your herc is alot tougher you can restat to heavy.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options

dont listen to this, the minions astral walker summons explode with heavy melee damage >_>; even alot of parties avoid him <_<:

drum boss, dont even bother soloing

rly? then i must have been in the uber good parties then. Never skipped him. at lvl76, the melee damage didn't even proc the charm of a non buffed robe veno.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    3-1 is actually worth it because the bosses u won't be able to kill is in solo mode.

I have always been with a party to do 3-1 so far. never tested, but I think we do not have to kill the timed boss in order to kill other bosses, if that the case, 3-1 is worth it, since there are 6 bosses in total.
    i have trouble even at lvl91 cause it's mag att is so high, but that goes away when it starts aoeing.

A 88+ herc with a robe veno should be able to tank him.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rly? then i must have been in the uber good parties then. Never skipped him. at lvl76, the melee damage didn't even proc the charm of a non buffed robe veno.

did you have bubble? if you dont the explosions one shot clerics with out decent HP before barb buffs
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    did you have bubble? if you dont the explosions one shot clerics with out decent HP before barb buffs

nope, no bubble. We had 3 venos and 1 afk archer. Only buff we has was the evasion, which does not do much.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    nope, no bubble. We had 3 venos and 1 afk archer. Only buff we has was the evasion, which does not do much.

Was i one of them? :D
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    I have always been with a party to do 3-1 so far. never tested, but I think we do not have to kill the timed boss in order to kill other bosses, if that the case, 3-1 is worth it, since there are 6 bosses in total.

A 88+ herc with a robe veno should be able to tank him.
    You need to kill the 4min boss to open the door to the last few bosses QQ. (pretty sure anyways..)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You need to kill the 4min boss to open the door to the last few bosses QQ. (pretty sure anyways..)

You do, you need to kill djinnscream to get some of the bosses. Don't count on beating him in squad mode without a full squad. Even with a full squad he's had the time to smack me for one of his famous 50ksb:surrender
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Was i one of them? :D

XD it was during the time u "quit"/"disappeared", it was holyinferno, me, aco, and geogaddi :P
  • Ascension - Heavens Tear
    Ascension - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The 4 minutes boss can be done with 4 high level venos or 3 venos and 1 cleric.

Personally, soloing takes too long for me and I rather do TT's with a company of friends. It's more fun and quicker and I don't have to find 3 others to open the door for squad. Plus if it's quicker, I can do more runs.

A group of 3 venos and 1 cleric is good. Now I can say that every boss (1-1 up to 3-1; except for Ape and Belial in 2-3 if the Herc don't have Blessing) can be tanked by herc with this type of group set up. Depending on which boss it is, the cleric can either BB or RB. Also, out of the 3 venos, it's good to have one with really good -% channeling gears. It's best not to have all the venos with same casting speed so that you all won't be casting at the same time. Casting at different intervals is better.

Now, if I can get my hands on Blessing and put it on the herc, I'm 100% sure that Ape in 2-3 is doable. As for Belial, the 3 venos and cleric will have to be pretty strong and can withstand his 1 hit kills (not really if you have good gears and stay inside BB).
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What really helps for Cosmoforce is having a herc tank, having the other veno(s) using a support pet with THREATEN, while switching on and off with purge. It made 2-2 soloable for a friend and I without need of a party :O
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What really helps for Cosmoforce is having a herc tank, having the other veno(s) using a support pet with THREATEN, while switching on and off with purge. It made 2-2 soloable for a friend and I without need of a party :O

You should make vids showing how u do it all. ;o
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Now, if I can get my hands on Blessing and put it on the herc.

Am I missing something new? what is the blessing can be put on a herc?
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    Am I missing something new? what is the blessing can be put on a herc?

As far as i know "Blessing" is an pet HP buff much like the one that barbs have.
    I think its also a rare skill, and even if you give it to a herc, you'll have to remove his stun skill (or bash/whatever if stun was already removed).
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:thanks thx for all the replied guys,
    b:avoid i think the discussion gone a bit off topic but lol

I think i might just try with a squad first to see which boss is where and get used to the whole thing (havn't entered a dungeon in a month lol)

btw when doing TT with a squad, how does the distribution of the drops work?
    do ppl ever take the drops and run away?

b:angryhappened to me lots of times in other mmo i playedb:angry
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    btw when doing TT with a squad, how does the distribution of the drops work?

Normally one person keeps all the drops (banker) and then distributes it at the end when all bosses are dead. Personally, if a TT group doesn't work like this, i'll leave and find another squad. Random TT drops are just messed up. Some ppl get 2-3 drops, others gets none.
    do ppl ever take the drops and run away?

Sadly yes it happens. Blacklist ftw.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol now the hardest thing is finding ppl to open up squad mode for me ><
    btw do all the ppl need to be in the entrance for squad mode to open up?
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol now the hardest thing is finding ppl to open up squad mode for me ><
    btw do all the ppl need to be in the entrance for squad mode to open up?

Yes all 4 need to be inside at the pillar or you'll get an error message. If you happen to have more than 4 then everyone needs to be there, or kick the extras. After the door opens up they can leave, drop squad, whatever, as long as you are the leader.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    if a thread is dead, please dont necro it back from the dead >_>;