Gold Trading 101 (Buy/Sell)

Feylei - Sanctuary
Feylei - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Cash Shop Huddle
"How do I buy gold?" I made this guide for my faction and have posted it on our faction (BTSquad) forum and decided to post it on here as well. Many of my faction members have been asking me (as well as running into random players) how do they buy gold without investing real money in the game.

Hope this will help u all a lil better on how to buy and sell gold at the auction house.

So, here we go....

First off, to buy/sell gold we go visit the auction lady and go in "Gold Trading". Ah duh...

auction05.jpg
Here we are at the "Gold Trading" menu and u are all like WTF?!!! b:surrender
Post edited by Feylei - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Feylei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    "Setting Up/Unlocking Password"

auction03.jpg

Click "Password" button.

auction04.jpg

Enter a 4-digit password u can remember.

auction01.jpg

For those who have tried this before u may have the "Unlock" button located at the bottom.
    Click "Unlock" button and enter ur password.

If for some reason u have forget ur pass u will need to contact the GM's via game website or ingame for help.
  • Feylei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    "Deposit & Withdrawals"

Now that we have ur password set up we will need to then deposit funds into ur Gold Trade Account to be able to buy or sell gold.

auction06.jpg

Click "Deposit" button and the Deposit menu will pop up. From here u can either click "Max" to put all ur coins and/or gold into the account.

auction07.jpg

In this pic we can see that our funds have been sent to the account.

For Withdrawals, the steps are the same just click "Withdrawal" button.

auction08.jpg
  • Feylei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Buying Gold:

auction10.jpg
    On the right top side (Price: Sell), we see a list of prices people are selling their gold for and this is wat u would be paying per gold + 2% gold trade fee.

Click "Buy" button.
    In the price section, you would enter how much u want to pay per gold.
    In the amount section, you would enter how many gold u want to buy.
    Click "Refresh" button.
    Note: You are charged a 2% fee in couns to buy gold.

Selling Gold:

auction11.jpg
    On the right bottom side (Price: Buy), we see a list of prices that people are buying gold for. You would look at this section for when u want to sell ur gold.

Click "Sell" button.
    In the price section, enter the price per gold u are selling.
    In the amount section, enter how many gold u are selling.
    Click "Refresh" button.
    Note: You are charged a 2% fee in silver and/or gold to sell ur gold.

**You can either buy/sell gold at the prices listed or set up ur own prices per gold. It might take a bit for u to receive them. You can always come back and check by clicking the "Refresh" button.
  • Feylei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    "Transactions & Listings"

auction05.jpg
    Now let's take a look at our Transaction Records of gold bought and/or sold.
    Click the "Listings" button at the bottom left.

auction12.jpg
    Here u will see any recent gold trade history. Keep in mind that the Buy/Sell listings in the previous pic will be reversed. Because it will show u if a player has bought or sold u gold. This will also show u any unfinished trades which u may cancel by selecting them from the list and clicking the "Delete" button.
    NOTE: Fees are not refundable. :(
  • Feylei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I hope this helps u guys alot in understanding how to buy/sell gold. If u have any questions I'll be happy to answer them the best I can or if u run into me ingame.
    YAY!!! WE BOUGHT/SOLD GOLD!!
  • Feylei - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    reserved space 6 b:bye
  • Silvis - Harshlands
    Silvis - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That guide was very helpful, but I have one question.

If I wanted to buy (example) 10 gold at 10000 per gold, and then I click confirm and yes. Would I be able to get the money I put up back later if I wanted to. So if nobody responded to the sale, would I be able to get it back?

Thank you, and if I don't make sense then sorry XD
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That guide was very helpful, but I have one question.

If I wanted to buy (example) 10 gold at 10000 per gold, and then I click confirm and yes. Would I be able to get the money I put up back later if I wanted to. So if nobody responded to the sale, would I be able to get it back?

Thank you, and if I don't make sense then sorry XD

yes of course, i believe that listings are up for a set amount of time 3 days? or you can always cancel it, the money will be @the gold auctioneer and of course you will need to withdraw it back
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks so much for the guide. Have been playing for over a month and it took me this long to learn how to obtain gold-the amount of information to learn is staggering-LOL. BTW-I am restarting my wizard-I levelled to 31 with my other but didn't check the lay of the land when I did so missed a bunch-LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zakarielle
    zakarielle Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Is it possible to trade silver for coins?
    I haven't seen anything about it. Only stuff about gold. -_- I need to use my silver instead of letting it sit there like cake.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    zakarielle wrote: »
    Is it possible to trade silver for coins?
    I haven't seen anything about it. Only stuff about gold. -_- I need to use my silver instead of letting it sit there like cake.
    nope 1 gold is the minimum that must be used to convert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • zakarielle
    zakarielle Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    gah! -face palm and falls on my face- v.v
  • Yulk - Raging Tide
    Yulk - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    do people actually need a guide for cashshopping?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • yongerts
    yongerts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    got problem with gold trading, it always says "in queue" whenever i check the gold trading record. i have been waiting for days now.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yongerts wrote: »
    got problem with gold trading, it always says "in queue" whenever i check the gold trading record. i have been waiting for days now.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

yongerts replied to a message that was 1 year 11 months 22 days 17 hours 12 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451