Jewelscalen hunt.

Malena_Vazin - Lost City
Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Ok I asked on the quest section and decided to ask here, Is there anyone that can help me kill the mythical beast that even high lvl players seem to shirk away from. I asked a few random 70s-80s for help and they say he is too hard. It makes me think he shoots insta-kill death beams that inflicts all negative effects to people if they manage to survive. Which i highly doubt since people seem to kill him all the time.
Post edited by Malena_Vazin - Lost City on

Comments

• Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Any 60+ (maybe even lower) barb can solo it with a good cleric that spams Ironheart Blessing and purify whenever it does that AoE debuff thing. So if those 70s-80s were barbs, they're lying. b:angry Only thing they're worried about is getting owned by some random person while debuffed probably.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Any 60+ (maybe even lower) barb can solo it with a good cleric that spams Ironheart Blessing and purify whenever it does that AoE debuff thing. So if those 70s-80s were barbs, they're lying. b:angry Only thing they're worried about is getting owned by some random person while debuffed probably.

yes either that or it is the nice way of saying get lost i don't want to help you.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes either that or it is the nice way of saying get lost i don't want to help you.

He casts a very large Physical Defense Reduction AOE Debuff.

Thats the only reason many people dont like to kill him.

With a high level clerics and a Barbarian he is easy work (but slow)

An archer doesn't stand far enough back to avoid his attacks.

Its like Suzerix and Krixxix, both of which nobody besides a magic class dares to tank.

With lower levelled clerics you sometimes need a second cleric to heal the main cleric healing the tanker.

The real reason people dont like him is because he makes charms tick (which most tankers nowdays are morally opposed to...)
  • Desdemonaaa - Lost City
    Desdemonaaa - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    he is not impossible, but no1 really likes to fight jewel...

plus the quest is only worth like 10 or 11k exp so if no1 will help, save it forever or just trash it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its like Suzerix and Krixxix, both of which nobody besides a magic class dares to tank.

Dude, are you crazy? We did both with a barb. It was easy.

I can tank Krixxix with my pdef golem. Really now. b:shutup
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok I asked on the quest section and decided to ask here, Is there anyone that can help me kill the mythical beast that even high lvl players seem to shirk away from. I asked a few random 70s-80s for help and they say he is too hard. It makes me think he shoots insta-kill death beams that inflicts all negative effects to people if they manage to survive. Which i highly doubt since people seem to kill him all the time.

Jewelscalen is not that hard...just need normal party setup with 60+ tank and cleric. People are lying to you b/c they don't wanna waste time and money helping someone they don't know.

Most players don't spend 15 min of their in game time and like 15-30k in travel + hp/mp costs helping some random person whispering them about a boss. They don't care that u feel that u really need that 5% and that 2 star reward necklace from jewelscalen at lvl 49...or if u never get it done. Only one that helps random ppl with bosses is like Mezzy if shes flying by during World Mission b:chuckle
  • Water - Harshlands
    Water - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This boss is so easy that I had my brother ( A 9x archer) tank it for some friends. Yes, an archer.
    What's in my pocket, dawg? Big face hundreds!
    Just left the mall; bought everything that I wanted
    I'm Kinda mad with you haters, I'm really dissapointed.
    'Cause what you didn't tell the people is I got plenty money!b:cool (Plenty money ingame that is :3)
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It makes me think he shoots insta-kill death beams that inflicts all negative effects to people if they manage to survive. Which i highly doubt since people seem to kill him all the time.

Theres a reason people kited it to the valentines event spot b:laugh b:laugh
  • Water - Harshlands
    Water - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Nova, are you from Lost City originally?
    What's in my pocket, dawg? Big face hundreds!
    Just left the mall; bought everything that I wanted
    I'm Kinda mad with you haters, I'm really dissapointed.
    'Cause what you didn't tell the people is I got plenty money!b:cool (Plenty money ingame that is :3)
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes, but you will have to guess who i was b:bye
  • Masamune - Dreamweaver
    Masamune - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What is the reward you get after killing Jewelscalen?
  • exaltederick
    exaltederick Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    he shoots insta-kill death beams that inflicts all negative effects to people if they manage to survive.

Well, that is not very far from the truth. Jewel debuffs one's physical defense to zero. So if you don't get purified, you are pretty much a one shot. The only way to survive is to have a lot of hp, a hiero and a cleric with quick reflexes. To lowbies, his aoe hurts a lot too.
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I haven't finished jewelscalen, and I probably never will. Stormhorn is the more valuable of the two.