Curious!!

Options
Delmarte - Lost City
Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I posted this in Beginner's Guide but I wanna make sure I get some info and just realized this might be a better forum for it.

Ok, I wanna start learning about PVP but I also wanna think outside the box. Is there more to PK than just getting the best stuff/abilities and reaching LV 80 and just going for it? What else is there to know?

Is there ambushing? Battle formations? Decoys? b:victory

What are some of your war stories? b:angry

Does terrain play a factor sometimes? Or mobs? b:surrender

Wazzup?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
Post edited by Delmarte - Lost City on

Comments

• Ryneris - Lost City
    Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes there are ambushes. Especially if a bunch of friends hate another bunch of friends and the first bunch of friends decide to kill the second bunch. They hide somewhere, jump out when a rival walks by la di da da and kill him all together. It sucks if you're that dead guy, so don't make that many enemies. Either that or watch all the players around you, especially on the minimap to tell you if someones coming or not.

And yes terrain sometimes play a role in PvP. Like hills....or flying. Some people fly and kill from the air, and by the time you change the view so you can click on them they've taken a good portion of your HP already. What's worse (for me) is that by the time you've reached the city/town from dying and want to get their asses they've ran away...
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Use your brain, and think of the best tactics...

Consider vision, click speed, gear, class, etc..
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I posted this in Beginner's Guide but I wanna make sure I get some info and just realized this might be a better forum for it.

Ok, I wanna start learning about PVP but I also wanna think outside the box. Is there more to PK than just getting the best stuff/abilities and reaching LV 80 and just going for it? What else is there to know?

Is there ambushing? Battle formations? Decoys? b:victory

What are some of your war stories? b:angry

Does terrain play a factor sometimes? Or mobs? b:surrender

Wazzup?
    One good strategy to consider is getting a noob to attack you back before you kill it. My best random pking strategy is to...

#1 Have friends
    #2 Get the noob to attack back before revealing your friends or killing it
    #3 Sometimes when random pking and someone is questing you can get them to lose 5% by draining their health and letting the mob do the final blow
  • Jakob - Harshlands
    Jakob - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOL I love how you call noobs "it" instead of "them" b:laugh

I know higher lvls slaughter them like deer, but they're people too!

Cheersb:byeb:victory

(this is to above poster btw, my quote didn't work for some reason)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is this thread dead already? Come on people! b:angry b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is this thread dead already? Come on people! b:angry b:dirty

Yea, just kill everything that moves...That's what 90% of the people on this server do anyhow. It's a win-tactic tactic dude b:cool
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yea, just kill everything that moves...That's what 90% of the people on this server do anyhow. It's a win-tactic tactic dude b:cool

Yes! Kill everything that moves especially world bosses like sonic oppressor in swamp of the wraiths. b:chuckle