Agro problem

HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
ok well ive been having agro problems with my pet and i was just asking for some help.

1. When my pet runs into mobs he would live fine beside i have to heal and healing takes agro from all mobs he hasnt attacked. Is there a way to fix that?
2.When i use my AoE i also steal agro.
3. Sometimes even tho its rare i steal agro even when my pet uses bash (i think)
4. Last question, will a herc with reflect help with some of these problems? how well does reflect work to hold agro on monsters he not attacking?

thanks and hope to stick with my veno:D

P.S. how soon should i get the herc? cuz i have the money IRL and can get the money in game so what lvl is best for herc?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
Post edited by HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lynaris - Sanctuary
    Lynaris - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Um, the only question/answer I'm definite sure about is number 1:
    1.how come steal aggro?
    When you heal your pet the other mobs that are attacking the pet runs to you. I don't know reason for this, but there are ways to fix this:
    - Have your pet attack all the mobs at least once, and then heal
    - If this is an issue of pulling (you only want to kill one mob, not the entire group)....send your pet to attack that one mob, stow it, and then resummon QUICKLY before the mob gets to you *since it will automatically go after you once you unsummon, it is useful to have pet in one of the hot keys for quick access*..........

And I think you'll only need a herc at level 60 for TT. Herc is for soloing runs, and nix is for grinding/levelling. Herc makes more money, so its considerable to get herc before nix if you want both.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Damage is aggro, and healing is aggro. Healing generates relatively little aggro but if your pet hasn't touched the mob it will come after you every time. As for AoE, your pet needs to deal enough damage to each mob individually before you can safely AoE. Regarding Reflect, it holds vs healing aggro but that's about it on normal mobs, they just don't hit hard enough to do any more.

If you have the money to get a herc now, there's no good reason not to. The phoenix will grind faster for sure, but really 1-60 is pretty fast anyway. I suppose it's really more a matter of preference, they both are great at different things. The herc will make money for a phoenix a lot faster than a phoenix will make money for a herc. The downside is phoenix money comes with exp(fast grinding), the herc money doesn't(TT mostly).
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmm. ok ill work on that thx for help so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey