Fist BM Questions

Options
EntityZero - Sanctuary
EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Blademaster
Yeah I know this is a very very ****ty class. However, I love playing the underdog class to prove that it's not all bad compared to what people say it is.

Anyways, my current build on my fist is
Even Levels: +3 STR / +2 DEX
Odd Levels: +2 STR / +2 DEX / +1 VIT

Only level 26 atm. My problem is that I seem way too squishy right now. I'm guessing its cause my vit is only 17 right now which is pretty damn low compared to other BM classes who pump vit into their builds. My question is, is there any other build to use for fist BMs? Like what stats can I sacrifice into my vit but still be good in PVE?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by EntityZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah I know this is a very very ****ty class. However, I love playing the underdog class to prove that it's not all bad compared to what people say it is.

Anyways, my current build on my fist is
    Even Levels: +3 STR / +2 DEX
    Odd Levels: +2 STR / +2 DEX / +1 VIT

Only level 26 atm. My problem is that I seem way too squishy right now. I'm guessing its cause my vit is only 17 right now which is pretty damn low compared to other BM classes who pump vit into their builds. My question is, is there any other build to use for fist BMs? Like what stats can I sacrifice into my vit but still be good in PVE?

You could use LA as many fail BM's...but really, it is stupid.

Don't worry, those levels are usually difficult for most BM's, regardless of the weapon they use, because they are only able to fight 1-2 mobs before having to use potions or meditation.

Usually to solve this problems you can manufacture "Life Powder" at the Apothecary, which gives you 50 HP recovery per second for 10 minutes.

With 15 Nectar and 10 Golden Herb you get 5 of them, which is 50 minutes, and the herbs are not really difficult to get (or buy).

Using them you will be able to keep killing mobs without stopping. Or you can also ask buffs from a high level cleric.

It gets better once you get level your level 29 skill, Diamond Sutra.
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You could use LA as many fail BM's...but really, it is stupid.

Don't worry, those levels are usually difficult for most BM's, regardless of the weapon they use, because they are only able to fight 1-2 mobs before having to use potions or meditation.

Usually to solve this problems you can manufacture "Life Powder" at the Apothecary, which gives you 50 HP recovery per second for 10 minutes.

With 15 Nectar and 10 Golden Herb you get 5 of them, which is 50 minutes, and the herbs are not really difficult to get (or buy).

Using them you will be able to keep killing mobs without stopping. Or you can also ask buffs from a high level cleric.

It gets better once you get level your level 29 skill, Diamond Sutra.

Well my other question is, it's probably not worth it to PVE as fists up to a higher level correct? I really don't want to use axes at all and the only other wep I was considering was a polearm. For leveling from say 30 to 60, polearm probably kicks the **** out of a fist user correct? I rather stick with fists but I dont wanna be considerably slower than other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well my other question is, it's probably not worth it to PVE as fists up to a higher level correct? I really don't want to use axes at all and the only other wep I was considering was a polearm. For leveling from say 30 to 60, polearm probably kicks the **** out of a fist user correct? I rather stick with fists but I dont wanna be considerably slower than other classes.

Welcome to the "Fist Cult". We are made of bunch of BM's that think that we can own by using fists more by faith than by any prove b:laugh.

Myself, I belong also to the "Dual Swords/Blades Cult" too. Since my character is a hybrid of both branches (fists/swords).

I think, I own single mobs more efficient than axes. Less pots, less repairs, less danger and no charms. However, I can't compare my performance with axes guys vs several mobs.

I;m still reasearching how to own in PVP and I'm having a hard to time in my reasearchb:laugh. Since I need to know the other races strategies against BM.

However, a triumph would be to beat axes guys everytime in the future.b:chuckle

You can predic mob strategies against you but other players strategies are a bit more complicated since they are not as predictable as mobs.
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    first of all...fist bms do not suck...its your build. your equipment and how you use it to your advantage (btw i would suggest at lvl 70 useing the dark flash legendary wep a chance for +5% hp regen if you have alot of vit and you have that...dude....poor barbs that goes against the person that heals themselves quickly and evades all their attacks...(using sutra and Dark Flash is a deadly combo because of the healing rate and the +5% hp regen)
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

From level 19-2x Polearm is the best because of the FB19 weapon you get.

Past that all the weapons are even when it comes grinding, at level 4x or 5x Axe/Polearm get the chance to do some AoE grinding, leaving the other two weapons a little behind.

Past high 6x- low 7x, there is when Axe and Polearm really shine doing AoE grinding, totally leaving Sword and Fists behind.

Now, the best suggestion I could give to a new player is to start using Axes (in case the player doesn't likes Axes, then Polearm) because it is a waste of time grinding with Fist/Sword at higher levels, when you could just AoE grind with the other two weapons.

When you get to 8x-9x then you can start using a second weapon.

But if you really enjoy using Fists, then do it. The most important is that you enjoy your character, otherwise, you will have very long and boring grinding hours.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Use my build, 50 vit base, minimum dex for fist, rest into str, and get as much +str equips as you can, and you can uses axes and latest fists ;D
    Back.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have a fist bm, currently level 60, and absolutely love it. I build like they have already suggested, min dex for fist, min str for armour, and have had no problems. The leveling speed does not seem any different than my axe bm, which is 72.

Other than that fists have several advantages:

1.) Weapon molds are extremely cheap

2.) Fists are generally cheap, keep in mind most fist bms recommend using normal attacks instead of skills post 50 or 60.

I usually use any damage over time skill, normal attacks and spark every now and then, and after battle use diamond sutra to heal up.

3.) Dodge rate is fairly insignificant at lower levels, but becomes more important and more noticeable in higher levels. If I am not mistaken, the first to reach max level in my-en was a fist built bm, with evasion shards.

4.) The skills for fists are pretty awesome, I can usually avoid getting hit with magic using shadowless kick.

That was what I worried about with the fairly shltty hp pool, however, after getting to the swamp, which I thought would be the real test, I found that my fist grinds just as well as any of my other characters, but almost as easily ganked by mobs as my squishies.

Honestly though, I have tried all bm bulds to at least 60, and have not found any to be "better" than any other. I have noticed though that with other weapons, namely axes and poles, seem to start out slow and then speed up in grinding efficiency, and swords take quite a while longer to get comfortable with, fists however, pretty much keep the same leveling speed throughout, as far as I have seen.

They also wouldn't add one way to build your character that would "suck", they all have pretty equal damage, and all have their high and low points.

Also worth noting: Blood moon bracers would absolutely make a fist rock, as well as any attack speed increases.
  • Therondy - Sanctuary
    Therondy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The main advantage i have found as fist is it usualy takes me max 5 to 10 seconds to get a spark. Basicly i always have sparks avalable for Sutra and spark eruptions. As for skills my normal skill rotation is Kick to stop initial casting Heal then 1 or 2 spark erupt if they high def or hps mobs. Then lions roar around 40% to stop the second cast.
    If they phy mobs its just cyclone heal and spark eruption. When i was spear up till 60 i almost never used spark eruption cause i always needed to save my sparks for Sutra. As a fist i almost never have to worry about saving Sparks.

Only level 69 atm So not shure how it will turn out later on but for now im game. Ive been Playing Monks or Ma types in muds an other games since 1989 ) So for me its more about what i like.
    Thand
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The best way to get the hell through those early levels that are a pain for Warriors is to team up with someone. Back when I was low level I used to team up with a Mage, he wouldn't take much damage so he gave me his hp pots, I gave him my mp pots or some of them, we finished quests quickly and leveled quickly. After that get to lure in zhens if you can and do quests. Oh and by all means go heavy armor b:shocked

Also put more points into vit now that you would actually add later, you can just skip a few levels of vit points later on if it helps you get out of the ****ty hell of level pre-50-60's.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    first of all...fist bms do not suck...its your build. QUOTE]

FINALLY SOMEONE FIGURES IT OUTb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just have patience. Early levels go fast even if you do have to meditate between each Kill and use pots. Once you get higher level you don't really need vit, imo. My personal build is 3str 2dex each lvl cause I use all weaps(axe's and fists the most) And yes, once you get higher level you will gain exp at an extremely lower rate then a spear/axe user considering you can't aoe effectively.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i dont find a difference at all among the builds. Many people say that axe are the best but they are only true in grinding and maybe TW. However as an axe BM, in TW who would be dumb enough to surround you letting you hit them... I wont be. So 1 vs 1 is also good in TW if you really think about it. There is no better class or lousier class. Is just what you do with your weapon build. Fist is rare because of the discrimination but all those are merely assumptions made based on what the people calculate which obviously isnt true sometimes as the calculations are not the same as practical. I am a Sword BM, purely sword and i grind slowly but i enjoy the game so much and i know that if an axe bm comes to me right now with same lvl equips and all, our chances of winning wont be just our skills but also what we do with them. some BMs are really dumb for not knowing how to use diamond sutra while pvping... anyway axe is good in grinding and pole is use in grinding and pvp a little. is merely of faster lvling or slower lvling. not a matter of better weapon or not. and if we tried, we could also lvl fast enough.if all the weapon class were the same lvl, we might have just the same chance to win in pvp. all boils down to your equips and skills in pvping. In TW they say axe BMs are the best but it is a team effort. Barbs tank, Axe BMs would then AOE them the others deal dmg, clerics heal and buff. but as fist or sword BM, we could take down an enemy faster than the axe BMs and although axe kill them all at once, imagine in TW, 5 guys attking the barb. axe BM takes 60 sec to kill them all and all this time , they are dealing 10 dmg per sec so is 60x10x5 which is 3000 while if we take down maybe 2 in the 60 secs, the barb takes, 2400+300 which is 2700 which is less dmg however the barb would have to take more dmg later on but however this is satistics so it isnt all accurate. there will be other factors involved so dont bother so much about what weapon to choose. CHOOSE THE ONE YOU LIKE AND PLAY IT. IT IS ALL ABOUT FUN!
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There are no tanks in pvp TW. Only time people prioritize a barb, is if they are carrying a catapult. And they die very quickly since a veno WILL purge them of all buffs. Usually after the charm manages to tick. So assuming a barb will somehow tank the hits in general is having the wrong idea of what TW is.