Why so helpful

Options
Flieyah - Dreamweaver
Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm pretty new to all this, so I have a few questions about FBs and the people who offer their help.

First off, a lot of people offer help and on of the phrases I hear a lot is "have tab" is that another way to say if you have the mission?

Then a lot of them talk about you being able to keep all the loot, so what profit are they making off this? Is it just XP alone? I wouldn't think so, since most of the people are several levels higher then the particular FB.

Also another thing I hear a lot about is "wined" what exactly does that mean and how does it help?

Last but not least, how long does it usually take to complete, say, fb19?

Thanks for everyone's patience for my n00b questions.b:laugh
"What we do is what you just can't do."
b:cool
Post edited by Flieyah - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• JustForFun - Heavens Tear
    JustForFun - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Having the "tab" means "did your eceive the tablet in your inventory from the elder?"
    This is mostly why they help out. When higher lvls help out, the XP and the rep si what they are after. 15k XP for Fb19 does a little to higher lvls and that is all they want from the FB.

"Wined" means having wine for the FB. Wine is usually used from FB59+. You give it to the old man at the entrance and he goes and kills 90% of the mobs except the boss/es.

FB19/39/51 all have quests for mobs inside, so they actually never get wined.

With a high lvl squad, FB19 should not take more than say 10 - 15 minutes.
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you get tablets - or short tabs, which are used to activate the quest in the dungeon.
    (talking to the pillar in there)

most nowadays let you keep the drops, since they get xp, spirit and reputation for helping with the quest, and not too shabby an amount too ;-)

wined: you can get wine at mr. tso in archosaur, wine will be given to the npc inside the fb, he will clear most (nearly all) of the mobs inside so basically you don't have to fight your way to the boss.
    --> NOT a good idea if you need the mobs though.

time depends on lvl and amount of players in squad, wined or not and if you are a slow class (cleric ...) on your walking speed ...
    all barbs squad probably could get it done faster then an all cleric squad... ;-)

/edit: darn, a refresh would have saved me some time ;-)
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the info, guys!
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool