Racing event

Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I wanted to ask about the racing event, what does it look like? meaning...

1: You just go in circles for an hour and the fastest wins? i heard about traps and stuff like that...
2: Wich mounts can take part in it?
3: Is there a fee of a sort in order to participate?
4: What are the prizes?

Thanks in advance..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wanted to ask about the racing event, what does it look like? meaning...

1: You just go in circles for an hour and the fastest wins? i heard about traps and stuff like that...

Pretty much yeah. There are stun/slow/speed up thingies (think mario kart)
    2: Wich mounts can take part in it?

All of them, but you can participate even without a mount.
    3: Is there a fee of a sort in order to participate?

Nope, totally free.
    4: What are the prizes?

You get a badge of speed for finishing the race, regardless of ranking. Those be turned in to Messenger of Sages for some free spirit, and 10 are needed to make a mark of speed which can either be turned it for more spirit, or used in making the lvl90 sage weapons (not all of the badges are implemented yet, so not much point, plus you need 35k rep). First 5 are awarded a monthly race ticket, but monthly races aren't implemented yet in this version either.
    b:dirty
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Sounds fun, i wonder if it really is :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sounds fun, i wonder if it really is :p

In short, hell yes it is fun.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    And how the hell can somoene race without a mount? lol that should be an entertaining sight hahah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And how the hell can somoene race without a mount? lol that should be an entertaining sight hahah

I'm just waiting till i get to level 92. Then i'll be racing without a mount too lol.
    I'll be faster than one anyway :P

Question: Does those stun/slow/speed up items that are in the race work when you are not on your mount? If it does, that'll be awesome. b:laugh

But then again, i was reading the description of the "buff" that you get when you hit the speed up "fairy". It said Increased Riding speed. So idk if it works while on foot. I'm gonna try it when i get in the race next time.
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Question: Does those stun/slow/speed up items that are in the race work when you are not on your mount? If it does, that'll be awesome.

If you're on foot you can still get stunned and slowed. The speed buff doesn't work without a mount so no extra speed sadly.

Once you get to level 92 I'd like to know if it really works better without the mount. ^.^
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    < Came first (or possibly second without realising it) on Heavens Tear a few days ago. I couldn't believe it. b:victory

< Came in the top 5 several out of several (100% :P) times on Dreamweaver unsurprisingly, due to the severely low competition compared.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    what levels are permitted to take part?

Pretty much yeah. There are stun/slow/speed up thingies (think mario kart)

All of them, but you can participate even without a mount.

Nope, totally free.

You get a badge of speed for finishing the race, regardless of ranking. Those be turned in to Messenger of Sages for some free spirit, and 10 are needed to make a mark of speed which can either be turned it for more spirit, or used in making the lvl90 sage weapons (not all of the badges are implemented yet, so not much point, plus you need 35k rep). First 5 are awarded a monthly race ticket, but monthly races aren't implemented yet in this version either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Minimum level 40 to enter the snake isle race.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    First 5 are awarded a monthly race ticket, but monthly races aren't implemented yet in this version either.

Wrong. Montly race is bugged/removed since january 2008.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How do you register for this race and/or how do you get in?
  • Cutietoes - Dreamweaver
    Cutietoes - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yeah defintiely, i have a reindeer mount and i want to race, how do I register or enter? I am clicking on the monthly npc near the archosaur adventurist and I dont get an option. instead i am told i have to be lvl 60+ to enter races? Anyone know how I can enter the race and where exactly??
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You enter the race at the adventure/Khatru pup NPCs found at any of the major cities (either will let you enter). Even if you don't win it's like 5k free xp and some spirit. If you don't know what the Khatru pup is at this point, it's the big freaking dog. lol
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i do that lolol but when i go to the dog it doesnt give me a choice to select, it just gives me the CLOSE option, both the dog and adventurer do that o.O
    b:shocked
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You have to be at least level 40 to enter the race. Any earlier and neither NPC will have anything to do with you. lol
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ahh ok well then that makes sense o.O ... sooo on snake isle with the npc there and a portal..is that useless?
    b:shocked
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    one thing i wonder-how equal is this race, if some are on foot, and others are mounted? how does this work?
    yeah defintiely, i have a reindeer mount and i want to race, how do I register or enter? I am clicking on the monthly npc near the archosaur adventurist and I dont get an option. instead i am told i have to be lvl 60+ to enter races? Anyone know how I can enter the race and where exactly??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    one thing i wonder-how equal is this race, if some are on foot, and others are mounted? how does this work?

I've only raced a few times so I haven't figured everything out yet and I could be wrong about some stuff but basically its a "bring what you want/can" kinda deal. It doesn't prevent you from using any type of mount (I haven't tried flying but since you can jump I'd guess you can use it too) and I've seen ppl use the speed apothecary items. So as far as I know there are no limits on what you can use. So if you really want a chance at winning you should bring a 11m/s mount. Because of the buffs/debuffs technically someone with a slower mount has a chance of placing in the top five, but realistically you need a 11m/s one.

I've got a panther and the one time I showed up before the race started I managed to get in the top 5...but since I hadn't before I didn't realize the chests were all over the hill and so others beat me to the chests :(
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Snake island race is a pair of timed quests.

You get your first quest by talking with a big puppy -- shortly after 12:20pm server timer (pacific coast time), or 9:20pm server time. When you have this quest you are on snake island. If you fail [or trash] this quest you leave and wind up back in North Archosaur.

You take your second quest after 12:30pm or 9:30pm server time. You get this second quest by talking with a starting flag pole or the judge npc. Once you have this quest you need to start visiting checkpoints. You should see arrows laying out the race course and when you follow them they lead you to the checkpoints. A second or three after you get near a checkpoint you should get a quest progress update.

To complete this quest you will need to do three laps, visiting each check point each time through. If you are on foot, you should have enough time for maybe six laps. If you are mounted you will be even faster.

Once you have done your three laps, you need to talk with a flagpole or the npc judge to finish and get your reward (you will get some experience and spirit and a badge of speed).

Also, there will be five chests near where you start, you can dig one after you finish. Digging a chest will send you to north archosaur and give you a monthly race qualification badge, which would be nice if we had monthly races but just takes up inventory space currently.

Finally, you should talk with the judge when you get in. He has documentation on the race, including a few bits and pieces which I have not mentioned (but which will not keep you from finishing).
  • shagy180
    shagy180 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I loved every min of it, but I cant fine the races times. ware are thay at
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm just waiting till i get to level 92. Then i'll be racing without a mount too lol.
    I'll be faster than one anyway :P

Level 92 skill books are incredibly rare and chances are you won't be getting them at 92. They only come from the arena (currently closed), rebirth delta, and cube extended at level 96+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    shagy180 wrote: »
    I loved every min of it, but I cant fine the races times. ware are thay at

12:30 server time
    7:30 PM server time
    10:30 AM server time (not sure on this one, maybe it's 7:30 AM server time).

There are 3 races each day.