FOXDAPOO'S Best Pet Guide 1 - 30

Options
Foxdapoo - Heavens Tear
Foxdapoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
Veno's Best Pet Guide

Well, I spent ages looking at http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pl1.htm, and I decided to create a guide with all my thinking and logic-ing into it. Can everybody please tell me if there's anything you don't agree with or is wrong, so I could change it.

PETS UNTIL LEVEL 30! So if you're level 99, don't look here!

NOTE - YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR PETS BECAUSE OF THIS GUIDE, LIKE, IF YOU HAVE A SHARPTOOTH WOLFLING, AND YOU GOT TO LEVEL SEVEN, AND YOU READ MY GUIDE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DROP YOUR SHARPTOOTH WOLFLING AND GET THE QINGFU, OR THE TAUROC LOGGER, ONLY BECAUSE YOU COULD TAME THEM. IT'S ALL UP TO YOU! YOU COULD CONTINUE ON USING YOUR PREVIOUS ALL ROUNDER OR ATTACK OR MAGIC TANK AND NOT CHANGE THEM.
THIS GUIDE DOES NOT INCLUDE RARES

STATS
HP
Regeneration
Attack
Physical Defense
Magic Defense
Accuracy
Evasion
Speed

This guide is graded in levels, so it's like,
~The Level~
~What pet is recommended for that level as an allrounder~
~Reason~
~What pet is recommended for that level for a special job eg. Magic Tank, Tank, Attack...~
~Reason~

So here we go

LEVEL 3
All rounder - Sharptooth Wolfling
The Sharptooth Wolfling is probably the better pet as an all rounder, first, because it has JUST a little bit higher HP than the Varicose Scorpion, and second, it has way better regeneration than the Varicose Scorpion. Although the accuracy is a bit low, your looking for an All rounder, and not an attack pet.

Attack - Varicose Scorpion
This is definitely the better attack, although it only has a little bit higher hits. You couldn't say the Varicose Scorpion is the better All rounder, because it's lacking in Physical Defence AND regeneration.

LEVEL 7
All rounder - Emerald Qingfu
At level seven, you earn the freedom or taming pets the same level as you, or lower. You may think, the higher level pet that you could tame, the better, but not necessarily. I chose the Emerald Qingfu as the best All rounder pet from all the pets that you could tame, is for 2, or possibly 3 reasons. It looks cool (that's definitely a reason, although you could also choose from Jayden and Verdant Qingfus, since they all have the same stats), it has medium stats, like medium regeneration, medium attack, and medium physical defence, but has higher HP then others.

Second Choice All rounder - Tauroc Angler
You may also choose Tauroc Angler as your all rounder, as it has similar stats as the qingfus, just a little less magic defence and a little higher evasion. It doesn't matter, it's all up to you.

Magic Tank - Prickly Oddfoot Pup
Prickly Oddfoot pups are probably the best Magic Tanks for low levels, as they have high magic defence, with average accuracy, average speed, average physical defence and average evasion. It has 3 downsides however, with low HP, low regeneration, and low attack.

LEVEL 15
All rounder - Bloodthirsty Adalwolf
You could get Bloodthirsty Adalwolves when you're level 15 or above, and they're probably the best all rounder yet. They have pretty high attack, with good physical defence, good accuracy, good evasion, average hp, average magic defence, average speed, with one downside, not a VERY good regeneration.

Magic Tank - Land Undines (Courageous Undine, Virtuous Undine, Pure Undine, and Chaos Undine)
These are the very best magic tanks up till level 15, since they have almost max magic defence, and a MAX accuracy. But, there's more cons then pros. Be aware that this has low evasion, low speed, low HP, low regeneration, low attack, and average physical defence.

Attack - Serpants (Pavonine Vipent, hromatic Vipent, and Krimson Boa)
Serpants are the best attack pets, as they have high attack, high attack rate, high accuracy and good evasion. All of these things add up to a very strong, very fast, very accurate pet with good chances of dodging LOTS of hits. Yes, this is a yes for venos looking for attack pets.

Attack 2 - Petite Sawfly
These pets can fly, which means you can't tame them until level 30, so you have to buy one. I bought mine for 4 k at a player shop, and stuck with it until level 18. You get it at level 8, so it's a good low level attack pet. This, however, does have a slower attack rate, with less HP, but, hey, I didn't care.

Tank - Plainswalker Tuskmoor
You don't really get any good tank pets until level 17, but this pet has decent HP, with decent magic defence, making it okay as an all rounder tank. It has average physical defence, average speed and average regeneration, and Decent accuracy with not so decent attack and evasion.

LEVEL 20
All rounder - Darkbreed Wolfkins and Blackhive Wolfkins.
These all have average stats, making it the best all rounder! Simple!

Magic Tank - Carapests Terror and Longhorned Carapests
Carapests have MAX magic defense and MAX evasion, making it the perfect magic tank. Also have average attack, average physical defense, average regeneration, with not so good speed and low HP.

Tank - Crystalline Magmite and Volcanic Magmite
They are by far the best tank for any venomancer, as they have extremely high HP, regeneration, attack and MAX physical defense. I prefer to use the Crystalline Magmite despite being 1 level lower as when they're both the same level later on, Crystalline is stronger then the Volcanic. Crystalline is better in the LONG, and i mean LONG run.

LEVEL 25
All Rounder - Blackhive Wolfkin Premiers, Blackhive Snarls, Heartless Wolf and White-eyed Wolfkins
All of these have average stats, so they make a good all rounder. I really don't mind which wolf you choose, but I chose Blackhive Snarls, the ones that you come across in the FB 19 cave because it looks slightly cooler.

All Rounder 2 - Treeline Wolfkin
This is also a good all rounder, but have more distinct "good-ness" and "bad-ness" stats. Attack and regeneration are average, evasion, speed and regeneration are pretty high, and low HP, physical defense, magical defense and accuracy.

All Rounder 3 - Tectonic Rhinodrake
Another pretty good all rounder is the Tectonic Rhinodrake, for the following reasons. It has average stats for everthing, except for speed, which is just a little bit slower.

LEVEL 30
All Rounder - Snakevalley Bloodwolf
Good all rounder up to level 30. Same stats as the Treeline Wolfkin. Simple

Tank - Torgin Puppet
Best tank along side Crystalline Magmite and Volcanic Magmite. Just a bit bigger, but still the same stats. I wouldn't really recommend Torgin Puppet, because you're probably all ready using a Crystalline or a Volcanic. It's just bigger, which is the main reason I don't even use Magmites anymore. Too big. Too common. But still, your choice.

This is all for now, I might be creating another one for levels 35 and up, but for now, please be patient. If you read this and find it helpful, please post a thank you so I know my time wasn't wasted. If you want to add something, please also post.
Post edited by Foxdapoo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, I think the idea is good but somewhat flawed because lower level pets that are leveled up in general have better stats than ones of the same family captured later.

Also, there is something that cannot be easily measured by just looking at Statistics, the feeling or fun of the pet.

I have captured and used many Pets including rare ones up to lvl 42 and there are really only a few you want to use for hard fighting at lower levels. The others, if you have the slots (I got the super cage ... best investment I made) are fun to use once in a while or to parade around with if they are unusual.

Your starter wolf pet if leveled up is going to be far better than any of the older wolves. I tried it, a noticable difference.

But at level 17-18 the Magnamites are way better. I Prefer the Volcanic due to the extra skill .. there are numerous discussions on the forum and the concensus is that the stat difference even much later is academic.

At level 20 IF you can afford the Shadou Cub or can capture it, it is IMHO the best all around pet although you will need to trade out one of its skills for Bash to hold aggro. It is much more enjoyable to use than the Golem but almost as good a Tank, however I use both the Golem and Cub depending on the situation. The Cub is much faster and has more mag defense. The Golem requires less healing and does more damage.

For Flying pets ... the Petite Sawfly leveled up is by far the best attack pet. Upgrade it later with Flesh Ream. I tried some of the other wasps and they noticably suck compared to my same leveled Petite Sawfly. At 30 the Windwalking Piggy works much better as a flying Tank. Doesn't have as much fast damage but doesn't die.

I think the main thing is to try them out but keep your staples ... your starter pet and sawfly leveled until you are ABSOLUTELY sure you found something better.
  • damojodajojo
    damojodajojo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You can tame a Petite Sawfly at level 8. Buy the cheapest bow and use it to pull. Either that or just look for a Sawfly flying low and pull with your spell. You can also use a building to stand on. After you get one egg, go hatch it and use it to pull other sawflies to you then stow it and tame them and get a ton of eggs if you like. Of course there's not much point since the market is flooded with eggs and it's easier to just buy one rather than trek to them and tame one.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This guide is full of a load of bull. (sorry but i not going to sugar coat it)
    Use your level 3 pet (either one is fine) until level 8.
    Then go down to south of plume city and tame yourself a sawfly (no you dont need to be able to fly). There are plenty that are reachable from the ground, or you could "borrow" a male character to carry you for a while if you cant find one within ground reach for whatever reason.
    Use the sawfly until you get to 19. It does great damage and isnt too weak to tank.
    When you get to 19, go tame a magmite up near logging town in the north. You dont need a magic tank at these levels. By the time you need a magic tank you can probably afford to buy a herc if you save your money and catshop all your herbs and drops.
    (or just grab a magic tank and level it up quickly in cube room 4 if you want)
    Keep your sawfly levelled up with you.
    For water pets, just tame whatever is around for the job.

I wouldnt consider any of these other pets that are listed here, however I would consider taming a ranged attacker for pulling in instances (remember to turn off bash).