Is perdition the strongest skill?

Marodraenos - Harshlands
Marodraenos - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Barbarian
At lvl 10 this skill does 4000 + 4X half of hp and mp total (which at lvl 91 should be like 8000). So it does around 36000 damage? Is the damage this great?
Post edited by Marodraenos - Harshlands on

Comments

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i can infer it can be THAT great o.o
    but the question is whether or not your physical defense can reduce it...can it? b:question
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Perdition is truly amazing, but I wouldn't call it the best skill ever.

Currently, I can 1-shot a whole group of squishy fighters when I use perdition. However, at the cost of all my chi, and 50% Hp and mana, I am left very venerable. Even if I am using a charm, it is insta-tick, leaving me with only pots.

To often while experimenting with Perdition, I will run into a group or Clerics or Wizards, Perdition, kill everyone, and then get stunned by the Archer and/or BM who will finish off the rest of my HP.

So yes, it can be a very powerful and amazing skill, and at later levels will certainly be devastating. But just remember that it comes at a steep price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it has high potential and is definatly a barbs heaviest hitter.. but it can miss a lot with our insanely crappy accuracy .. (unless you are packing a misty or 2 plus maxed blood bath.. but that reduces your perditions effectiveness because of less health)

and if you miss.. you are in a world of hurt.. 50% hp gone or charm tick .. and your target is just sitting there no worse for wear
  • Darkvanguard - Heavens Tear
    Darkvanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would recommend only using it on low evasion mobs, (PWI has a different name for this skill fyi) but using it on a archer is just gonna cause u pain, even most BMs its gonna be iffy with >.< but its def a good skill...also i hear u can counter the charm tick with a iron blessing or a well timed pot
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    in pvp its pretty much impossible to counter it unless you are really lucky.. you are hardly gonna be at 100% hp unless its right after a charm tick or you drop down on some unsuspecting poor fool who doesn't know whats going on
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    At lvl 10 this skill does 4000 + 4X half of hp and mp total (which at lvl 91 should be like 8000). So it does around 36000 damage? Is the damage this great?

Remember its a humanoid skill. I dont think many barbs (even tanker build) at lvl90 have 16K Hp as humanoid. But assumming someone does, yes 4k+4x8k=36000 damage.
    But in PvP theres a 75% damage reduction anyways so it will hit you opponents at 9K dmg. Which is almost the HP the barb lost (8k). Plus it leaves you wil no chi and if you missed, your toast. The skills great for wiping squishys in PvP, but its a finishing move and not a starting one.
    For PvE I wouldn't recommend it. Sunder's healing effect is much better and the damage+bleed isn't all hat bad either. Im gonna be maxing sunder and other useful skills before I even begin to level perdition, but hey thats my view.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Marodraenos - Harshlands
    Marodraenos - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ty for all the info. So i understand that perdition needs to be cast with care.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I(PWI has a different name for this skill fyi)

which ones which? the PWI skill tree/ecatomb call it perdition, all the forum guides using MY-EN terms call it armageddon. its like really confusing =D
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    perdition is the malaysian english name, Armageddon is the name here

and at lvl 91, you can easily have over 10k hp in human form with TT90 stuff, so itll be more like 4 x 5k hp and 4 x 700 mp consumed + 4000 dmg, which is around 27k dmg
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    perdition is the malaysian english name, Armageddon is the name here

and at lvl 91, you can easily have over 10k hp in human form with TT90 stuff, so itll be more like 4 x 5k hp and 4 x 700 mp consumed + 4000 dmg, which is around 27k dmg

Perdition is the name here as well. At least in my skill tree it says "Perdition"
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    k, i just checked it, and it turns out at the skill trainer and on your character its called armageddon, though in the skill list it sayd perdition.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    yea it does that with roar too.. talk is cheap is its name in the skill trainer i believe
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Petition... not really, it's a skill base on your HP&MP ONLY!
    Make your weapon +12, and you'll won't use Petition anymore <3
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Well, if you are playing on PvE server and not doing TW you wont exactly find yourself using perdition in the first place b:chuckle
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, if you are playing on PvE server and not doing TW you wont exactly find yourself using perdition in the first place b:chuckle

unless you have enabled pk mode or are in one of several cube of fate rooms or are in the dragon temple or arena or maybe were dueling or ...