Barrage of arrows?

Nnn - Sanctuary
Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Archer
is it worth getting barrage of arrows, takes alot of mp and req 2 sparks...
and stormrage eagleon worth getting and lvling up?

Thx
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NNN-SANCTUARY
Post edited by Nnn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you plan on zhenning (aoe leveling in groups) then yes barrage is useful, level 1-3, after that it becomes too expensive to spam with a charm.

Eagleon however, I would have to say is fairly useless. It may be ok for killing barbs and bms, but other than that, not really worth the coin and spirit.

Sidenote:
    I have barrage lvl 1, but haven't zhenned, since it kinda seems like botting to me, and i got Eagleon lvl 1, just because I wanted to see it, lol.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    eagle is not very practical. you can probably do a lot more damage faster by just popping two sparks and going through your lightning spells. two sparks is way too much to pay for to use that thing

i got 1 level of it and it looked interesting. sometimes i would gather sparks by punching the rivercross captain and cast it on a random mob near plume just to see the lightning bird fly b:victory
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yeah eagleon is mostly for show. Although on Increased Def & Life monsters it's pretty good. Yeah, you can use doublespark instead, but eagleon doesn't just do damage - it has a slow effect as well. This can stack with your frost arrow for a total speed reduction of 80% at a time. Using both, you can reduce its speed to a crawl for 5 seconds at a time. So your Archer can stand there, cast both, check his watch, yawn, fix himself a sandwich and then lazily bring out the knockback/freeze/stun attacks.

And it even has its own debuff classification... how awesome is that? XD

EDIT: I'd like to add that anything is worth getting at least Lv1 of, just to say you have it and you're more versatile for it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ehh whats the point of stacking two skills to get 80% speed reduction for 5 seconds (that uses 230 chi) when we already have a skill that stops them for 8 seconds that uses 100 chi?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Xmercuryx - Sanctuary
    Xmercuryx - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Asterelle has a good point-right now im combing the forums looking for advice on what spells to even bother leveling since i didn't check before-im a level49 PURE DEX archer and LOVE the build so far BUT im not picking sides i just REALLY want to hear a good discussion on this whole frost arrow/speed reduction argument-would anyone care to enlighten me on what combo's they think are best when it comes to speed reduction before initial attacks? right now i'm using a macro-frost-att-att-thundershock-lightening-stun knockback. I figure if the stun misses then i have the knockback and vice versa-may seem like a waste of mp BUT i have level 3 apoth so i never grind without buffed hp and mp recovery :)
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    for my grinding now days its just frost >normal attack >dead mob. most of the mobs dies before it can hit me unless i miss and dont get any crit. some mob i have to throw in a KB arrow after the 3rd normal attack so i can avoid taking any dmg.

considering that i am using wind and cloud with bracer of the blood moon, using skills for dmg is not worth it since i can do 2 normal attacks for every skills i toss out. (0.83hits/sec ftw)
    i use stun arrow and aim low for the increased life and increased defense mobs, winged shell for increased move speed to tank the 1 hit it can get.

the only reason i see to ever get/use eagleon is just....when u want to **** around.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.