Good Old DQ Debate

Reenoa - Heavens Tear
Reenoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Hi folks i was walking as i do time from time (well in pwi) looking for Dq items and i just wondered about something b:shocked

Why dont we have a NPC who sells DQ?

So i thought i bring this topic to all you smexy people and ask :P

Should we have a NPC who sells DQ items?
Or able to buy then from Boutie Shop(yes i said boutie :Pb:thanks)
What effects would this have on the DQ market?
Will perfect worldians like it?
Can it drop prices of Dragon Orders?
What price would the Dq be from boutie or NPC?
Will it stop a main income for many players?
Will it give contol of the DQ items prices to the "Man"?
Will it enoucrage more people to do more Drag quests?
What will people loose from it if DQ's become avaiable to buy from NPC? example would be exp from farming them etc

Discuss people Disuss!
Unleash the forum monkey inside you and let it run wild mawhaha!

Ps: i Wuv you all and i think your all smexy!b:surrender
Post edited by Reenoa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if there are npc selling DQs, then once again we can have rich people buying their exp. if u can buy all the DQ items u need, u can do a dragon quest in like 15min assuming u teleport, thats alot of exp in that time.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's not much of a quest if you can just buy the DQ items in a shop.

They're easy enough to come by, especially certain ones. I've been getting them since level 8, I got so many that I used my DQ21s to expand my bank space, then my husband's bank space. I'm about to expand my second char's bank space, and I haven't even been *looking* for these things XD

All you have to do is fight the right monsters. pwdatabase.com (use American flag in upper right) can help you find the mats if you aren't already familiar with where they come from.

IMO the monster drops are more than adequate. And user shops can help you fill in the blanks if you're missing just one or two that you can't (or don't want to) track down. They're all over the place in City of the Lost on Harshlands XD
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The only effect I could think of would be a price cap for a few very high demand DQ items like Dull Claws. Since NPCs generally mark things up over double the price, they'd probably still be selling most of them for more than players are selling them in catshops.
    if there are npc selling DQs, then once again we can have rich people buying their exp. if u can buy all the DQ items u need, u can do a dragon quest in like 15min assuming u teleport, thats alot of exp in that time.
    I already can buy every DQ item I need from catshops or the AH, but I still cannot do a DQ in 15min. Believe me, I would if I could!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the probleim i find in doing DQs is not actually doing them, but trying to farm the items asked for. it seems that the higher your level, the rarer the needed drops become, and adds massivly to the time in actually doing the DQ.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Rich people do it anyway. They just buy the items from catchops, which isn't a problem since they're rich. Having npc selling those would prevent price-fixing and make doing DQs actually worthwhile for the rest of us.b:victory
    edited April 2009
    Rich people do it anyway. They just buy the items from catchops, which isn't a problem since they're rich. Having npc selling those would prevent price-fixing and make doing DQs actually worthwhile for the rest of us.b:victory
    Is there seriously "price-fixing" going on? Where does this take place?

Competition among DQ sellers is probably one of the fiercest markets in the game. I see tons of different sellers selling at all different prices all over the place.

If it wasn't for people being impatient, there's no way I could compete with the low-price DQ sellers in Archosaur, but as it is I can buy DQ items for 2000 in Archo and resell them for 4000 elsewhere. That's not price-fixing, in fact it's the exact opposite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Is there seriously "price-fixing" going on? Where does this take place?

Competition among DQ sellers is probably one of the fiercest markets in the game. I see tons of different sellers selling at all different prices all over the place.

If it wasn't for people being impatient, there's no way I could compete with the low-price DQ sellers in Archosaur, but as it is I can buy DQ items for 2000 in Archo and resell them for 4000 elsewhere. That's not price-fixing, in fact it's the exact opposite.

Lol, it's still far above npc price. You're just saying this because you sell DQ items instead of actually doing DQs. If you do, you'll realize that the small reward of DQ is disproportionate to the price of DQ items from cat shops. 5-7k for dull claws when the npc price is 1350? For a bronze order worth 20k, it's a loser. You're a opportunistic trader that leech money off hardworking people who actually play the game the way it's meant to be. Which, frankly, is very smart. Idiots deserve to be parted with their money anyway.b:chuckle

So now the problem is, if you follow what the game tells you to do, you're an idiot. Something is not right here.b:pleased
  • MetallicFoo - Sanctuary
    MetallicFoo - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So now the problem is, if you follow what the game tells you to do, you're an idiot. Something is not right here.b:pleased

Come to think of it, that's very similar to how the world works.
    Signatures are for fat, weak, obnoxious little doodyheads who sit on forums all day and think that the collection of pixels at the bottom of their typed idiocies properly perpetuates the minute details of their personalities to fellow forum-ers.

That being said, this is my signature.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think the game would lose some of the fun if they did that. It would be too easy to get exp.
    edited April 2009
    I think the game would lose some of the fun if they did that. It would be too easy to get exp.

The runaround in DQ is hardly easy. Oracles, now, that's easy. Let's face it, the purpose of the game is to make money. It'll always easy for rich people to get exp.b:chuckle
    edited April 2009
    Lol, it's still far above npc price. You're just saying this because you sell DQ items instead of actually doing DQs.
    Heh... actually, I am one of the few that actually does DQs, rather than just selling them all to the NPCs. I've posted such on the forums, and had people jokingly refer to the fact that I'm taking the path (far) less traveled!b:laugh
    You're a opportunistic trader that leech money off hardworking people who actually play the game the way it's meant to be. Which, frankly, is very smart. Idiots deserve to be parted with their money anyway.b:chuckle
    One thing that still puzzles me about this game is all the loot people leave just lying around. I'd say that newbies are the worst (whenever I go to cash in a DQ I end up spending a few minutes picking up all the abandoned newbie drops!), except that the higher level players are just as bad! When I was selling Oracles near the Spider King I'd see 6000 worth of DQ drops just sitting there, with everybody standing around doing nothing, so of course I'd run in and scoop them.

So, yeah, I guess that's why I'm not embarrassed or ashamed to be a "leech", in the sense that most players are literally throwing their money away, and I'm one of those always looking for opportunities to help them out when they choose to do it! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Should we have a NPC who sells DQ items?
    Or able to buy then from Boutie Shop(yes i said boutie :Pb:thanks)
    Returning to the OP, I just realized a few minutes ago that this already exists in the game. The PW Boutique Agent offers the ability to trade a cash shop item for any DQ item you want.

However, the PWI cash shop doesn't sell the needed cash shop item, at least not yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chappy_Happy - Heavens Tear
    Chappy_Happy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Returning to the OP, I just realized a few minutes ago that this already exists in the game. The PW Boutique Agent offers the ability to trade a cash shop item for any DQ item you want.

However, the PWI cash shop doesn't sell the needed cash shop item, at least not yet.

Really? I thought the boutie sells mats and not DQ items.