Wellspring Surge

cruiserrr
cruiserrr Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
Should wellspring surge be maxed at any level?
Post edited by cruiserrr on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Useful instant heal. It should take high priority, second only to Ironheart. If you have spirit points left over from attacks and ironheart, level Wellspring.
  • XeroLan - Heavens Tear
    XeroLan - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ^^ Agreed

I think I use Wellspring more than Ironheart these days when I'm out grinding. It's also really useful in fbs when your veno is pulling and accidentally gets hit before their pet or the tank take agro. It can also help when spamming Ironheart but the tank's health just doesn't fully recover. It only takes a half second longer to cast than IH and the results are instant. Good stuff! b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    realy it tought is was useless? i left it at lvl 1 and i am wondering should i start leveling it?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It has its uses. The difference is that Ironheart is a 15-second heal over time, while Wellspring is an instant heal. Wellspring Surge heals less than Ironheart, but if something happens and you need an emergency injection of health when Ironheart isn't running, then Wellspring Surge can save you or the tank. Ironheart can't.

Or said differently, in here-and-now situations, use Wellspring. In more planned situations, use Ironheart.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I loved wellspring from the very first time I used it, it has saved my **** when ironheart wouldn't do it. I was always keeping it one or two lvls behind ironheart, now both are maxed of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    ok thnx and what about purehearted? i know its not good for healing but why would i have it then?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Blessing of the Purehearted is the default starter healing spell you are born with as a Cleric, because a level 1 cleric needs SOME method of healing.

Unfortunately, with the 3 second channeling time, it's utterly USELESS in a combat situation. Don't waste any SP on bringing it up past level 1.

However, it's not entirely useless. At level 1, Purehearted costs a mere 10 MP, but generates 15 Chi. If you're in a relaxed situation, like when you've just logged in at a safe town, you can take half a minute to spam Purehearted several times, and fill your Chi reserves without even denting your MP supply.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    However, it's not entirely useless. At level 1, Purehearted costs a mere 10 MP, but generates 15 Chi. If you're in a relaxed situation, like when you've just logged in at a safe town, you can take half a minute to spam Purehearted several times, and fill your Chi reserves without even denting your MP supply.

Good to know, thanks.

Wellspring Surge is a life saver. Good to have if you loose attention a lot. Just like me.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Blessing of the Purehearted is the default starter healing spell you are born with as a Cleric, because a level 1 cleric needs SOME method of healing.

Unfortunately, with the 3 second channeling time, it's utterly USELESS in a combat situation. Don't waste any SP on bringing it up past level 1.

Also, when I'm soloing and not in a rush but want to save on mana, I use my low level purehearted as a heal on myself. In a combat situation, or when healing a tank it is quite useless though.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would say it is cheap easy heal only thing is it can't be buffed.It is not like plume shell or ironheart.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would say it is cheap easy heal only thing is it can't be buffed.It is not like plume shell or ironheart.

What do you mean buffed? You mean that the attack bonus from spirit's gift doesn't influence it? All heals are the same, none can be buffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    What do you mean buffed? You mean that the attack bonus from spirit's gift doesn't influence it? All heals are the same, none can be buffed.

No.It is sort of like being enchanted it stays up forsa few sec. after you cast it.It is the same thing with plume shell which is better to cast anyway for absorbing damage.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the hell are you talking about? wellspring surge is a heal. spirit's gift does affect it. plume shell has absolutly nothing to do with this skill.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I know it doesn't but forget it it comes from different game where protection is as important as healing.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    the hell are you talking about? wellspring surge is a heal. spirit's gift does affect it. plume shell has absolutly nothing to do with this skill.

she probably meant heal(ironheart) or defense(plum shel) ower time with ''buff''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]