WTF The perfect wear

Malena_Vazin - Lost City
Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok I am a 45 Mage how do the Devs expect me to kill lvl 51 mobs, this is insane and from i have seen/read it can't be done with a party So my questions are: Are there any tip's or tricks to doing this.
Assuming the reward is some kind of Armour, is it good enough to last me into the mid 50s if i am 51 when i get it. or is it only benifical for late 40s
Post edited by Malena_Vazin - Lost City on

Comments

• Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    there is no armor as a reward.
    Ence wrote:
    Celestone of Heaven/Human/Earth or Celestone Fragment: 1 (Random)
    -Reward (Gold: 13250 Exp: 15000 SP: 5150 Rep: 5)

You need the last hit, so it *can* be done in a party, but they'd have to be pretty good friends.

I just waited a few levels, then they werent so bad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There is nothing special about this quest as far as i could tell, I didnt bother with it till my early 50's. If you have other quests to do just hold it and get it later.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    there is no armor as a reward.

You need the last hit, so it *can* be done in a party, but they'd have to be pretty good friends.

I just waited a few levels, then they werent so bad.

Well considering I am pure Int I have to kite mobs at my lvl, and there are too many around in a closed area so it is suicide to try. Oh well maybe i can get my Veno friend to Tank them.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm a pure int wizard too. I think i waited until 49 becuase with FoW and phoenix there was no need to kite. Little bit more mana intensive though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think this is the quest in which you need to kill taurocs to get the rare drops.

Suggestion, don't do the quest now. Wait for later since there are other quests that require the same mob.

You can do probably 4 quests at once if you include 1 Army quest too.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I think this is the quest in which you need to kill taurocs to get the rare drops.

Suggestion, don't do the quest now. Wait for later since there are other quests that require the same mob.

You can do probably 4 quests at once if you include 1 Army quest too.

well I did just try it again anyway with 2 friends, first we tried in party letting me get last hit, after 6 no drops, No party them tanking for me, 5 or so no drops. by myself kiting 6 or so, no drops, total exp lost due to the mentors and Marksman 6-7% So yeah I gave up
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well I did just try it again anyway with 2 friends, first we tried in party letting me get last hit, after 6 no drops, No party them tanking for me, 5 or so no drops. by myself kiting 6 or so, no drops, total exp lost due to the mentors and Marksman 6-7% So yeah I gave up

Another suggestion is to read the quest guides prior doing any quests. The rare drop on this quest is well documented there.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    maybe u should get a cleric to suport you + a cleric doesnt need to be in ur party to heal and se ur health :)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You will get some more quests (maybe just the one man army?) to kill Tauroc Commanders later, so you could just wait. Or, you can trash this quest. It is the second worst one I have encountered in terms of the reward failing to be worth the requirements and I even liked killing off the Taurocs. The problem is that after you finally kill all of them you need, you have to pay 10 each of compound thread and leather to finish. The reward (lifting from Ence's guide) is

Gold: 13250 Exp: 15000 SP: 5150 Rep: 5.

That's it. Nothing special. Trash at will.
  • Nyhia - Heavens Tear
    Nyhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The drop rate is terrible on those mobs, you should wait unitl lvl 49-50 to do that quest since you get 2 or 3 more quests that require killing the same tauroc. You will also get taurox marksmen and the pyro's. So add those in with the one man army for rep^^b:chuckle
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You need the last hit,

You need to do atleast 51% of the damage to the mob to get the drop, last hit means nothing.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol the other bad one must be the hay quest at lvl 74 i keep hearing about.