Which Class Kills the Fastest?

Options
2»

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Note: These archers, BMs and wizards need back up inorder to do big damage >.> You wont see them without at minimum a cleric :P

Not totally true. BM's played properly can heal himself with no problems.

BTW, I have only asked for cleric once while doing grinding quests.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Fast kill isn't all it's cracked up to be. Killing fast often means resting long (or burning charm) thus defeating the point of fast killing... unless you are trying to build a kser...
    Veno's DO have a distinct advantage in grinding and overall kill speed. They have both HP and MP heal skills which, if timed right, can make for endless killing without any pots or charms.
    Counting hits isn't an accurate way to calculate speed. My lvl 61 cleric does 3-5k per hit but the cooldown is several seconds. My foxform veno hits just 700-800 but hits 4 times as often and pet damage added in makes it equal to cleric. Wizards are fast killers but are squishy. Archers are fast and are often chosen by pkers because of their speed and skills. Bm's are fast at higher levels and have several aoe skills that allow for very fast grinding, especially when accompanied by a cleric.
    Unfortunately, can't really narrow the field more than wizard, archer, or BM (since you won't consider veno).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not totally true. BM's played properly can heal himself with no problems.

BTW, I have only asked for cleric once while doing grinding quests.

How much charm you burn doing that :P?
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    they can bring down mobs many lvls higher than themselfes.

when i was 11 it was fun to solo 20+ mobs and when 27 it was 40+

lol yeah. I love venos for that. It's easier grinding on higher mobs. If you have a decent weapon, you can rip thru em like you would mobs your lvl.

Heres me at lvl 50 for example : :D

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20090323023111.png

But also, some people said something about charms. Just 50 hp pots with no charms will last me for a few days of hardcore grinding. Venos have all those skills like soul transfusion, metabolic boost and natures grace that ease the use of pots dramatically. Crazy pve class...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    How much charm you burn doing that :P?

I have used charms only once and because I got it as quest reward.

It all depends the level of grinding you are doing (how many mobs at once, and so on) but BM's are pretty close to self efficiency thanks to Diamond Sutra.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Leaving veno's out of it because the OP doesn't want to play a veno.

GENERALLY, NOT IN EVERY INSTANCE:
    On a target of equal level with the character and assumming standard builds (which vary dramatically)

Wiz's
    Will fast kill any single target (non-elite, non-boss, non-mag res) faster than any class. Killing a second mob as fast isn't realistic. No Sutra (cool down and lack of sparks). *Big spike dmg is wiz specialty

Archers have the highest DPS of the classes until way late in game (?) and can dish out the most constant damage to a target that they can control.
    *If a mob closes with them, the dmg is 1/2 from the archer. If several mobs close, problems can insue.

Barbs\Blades
    These guys do AOE (area of effect) and will get a large group of PHYS mobs together and kill them all at once. Depending on the build and skills of the character either can kill ungodly fast in AOE mode. Against a single target, they will generally lose to the DD classes. (Yes, you CAN perdition against a single target, but its a WASTE! (and not spammable))

Cleric
    Excel in arial AOE and can nuke some butterflies like no ones business. Usually they are excelled on the ground by the other classes, Barb\BM for AOE and Wiz/Archer for DD.

This is very general and isn't meant to cause flaming. Each class excels at different things. The question is a bit broad, most mobs killed fastest, or single mob killed fastest. Each one of the classes can crit a skill for a 1 hit kill making the exceptions.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I didn't suggest anything to anyone. I just gave reasons why arcane venos are STILL one of the fastest grinders even though he might not like them.

Seriously, all your posts are trying to prove someone wrong with something. You fail miserably everytime.

lol

You actually listed reasons to play a veno. Go back and read your first post. Seriously, please do because everytime you claim you didn't you actually did. The words "I suggest" do not need to be used to suggest something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]