Ok what are your thaughts

Malena_Vazin - Lost City
Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
So here is the deal, I have a friend who wants to create a Battlemage, so he is pumping Str and vit up alot, wearing heavy and duel axe I believe, Now another friend seems to think it is a good idea, having acess to magic and decent physical. he seems to think his saving grace against robes will be force of will, so he can stop them from casting and punish with physical.

here are some points from our argument.

Me:I can easily Kite using blink, gush and Pyro
Him: I can silence than blink right next to you

me:I can buff my pdef and your useless magic will have no real effect
Him: I can tank you with Pyroshield active

Me: Assuming this is past lvl 80 I will have access to sutra and Undine and assuming also blade tempest
Him: I will to so they will not be your advantage

Thats just some that I can remember.
Post edited by Malena_Vazin - Lost City on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    that is the dumbest idea i ever heard....
    see his spells wont hurt you at all since axes dont give mag atk. As a pure wiz myself, i only have 300 mag atk without weapon so his should be a lot lower (im assuming he isnt adding magic) he isnt going to have much mana because a lot of the LA and heavy users dont have much mana i doubt he be able to use blade tempest or any of the other ults. just let him look stupid and hit him with a water dragonb:chuckle
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can't cast spells with axes can you? it says you need a magic weapon, so unless they hotkey their axes force of will and distance shrink won't cast

Also him having the ultimate spells isn't really to his advantage, you'll hit him harder than he can ever hope to hit you.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    yeah he says he will switch weapons when he casts and he also mentioned maxing out Frostblade to buff his damage. Oh he will add to magic so he can still "use it effectivly" I don't see how effective it is going to be...unless he is Pking lvl 30s at 80
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    for this kind of build I can only say: check my signature b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    for this kind of build I can only say: check my signature b:chuckle

hahahahahaha classic.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Refer him to the guide posted by Oz, which is made by another author. I really have no words to describe how bad your friend's idea is. Although I could try, I won't. It's just, like, no, just no. It doesn't work with the mechanics in this game.

Your argument could be "you'll be 1-shot before you even distance shrink to melee me".
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Tabasco - Dreamweaver
    Tabasco - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The way I see it, you can build your characters anyway you like. Let your friend do as he wishes. If he ends up not liking how his character is built, he can start over or pay to restat. I have a friend that tried to make a heavy veno, he quickly realized it wasn't working for him, so he made a new character.

Nothing wrong with trying different things in a game b:pleased
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    heavy armor is weak against magic... it's good until someone "finds out" it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
This discussion has been closed.