Fire orb quest and a dodgy npc

Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
sorry this probably isnt the correct forum but I tried everything, even pressing the GM button but no response, and this time i'd like an answer.

I went into the cave, killed the bosses and I have the water and fire orb in my inventory, yet when I go seek the immolation leader his quest flag is grey as if I haven't got everything he wants.

My quest log says this:
Arch evil: collect fire orb (1/1)

Please i'm not a complete idiot, I have these both in my inventory when I talk to him, I tried putting them in my bank+ taking them out but he still wont let me hand my quest in. Why?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Something seems to be weird with that NPC (Leader of Immolation) starting at lvl 85. He's been appearing in my "Find Quest" locater since i hit 85 & yet when I visit him, he has no quests for me. I know its not the same problem as you're having, but i find it a bit more then coincidence that it deals with the exact same NPC. I have a level 83 Veno also and the NPC is not glitched on that character, so it seems that it has to do with hitting lvl 85. Who knows, maybe if you handed that quest in at 84 or before there wouldnt be a problem (As i did on both my characters).

Sorry i know this isnt helpful, more just additional observation that something is screwy with that NPC.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I dont suppose he'd "un-glitch" when I hit 86 .__.;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    -Bump- Really need an answer here....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you need someone with water orb too
    him/her have to get the water orb and give it to you so you can finish the quest
    and the same with him/her you have to help them get the fire orb
    of course as long as you didn't turn in the quest you can get the orbs again and again
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Here is the quest...it is two parts

The Arch Evil

Start NPC Leader of Immolation (133,756)
    Mission #1 Collect 1 Ultimate Water Orb/Ultimate Fire Orb **** Janitor from Alabaster Transience/Onyxian Transience. Whether you get water/fire depends on what choice you made during your lvl 5x tower of darkness/sheol quest darkness=freeze, sheol=flame
    Monster Locale Cave of Sadistic Glee (388,570)
    Reward Exp(22080),Gold(320),Skill(9163),Rep(16),1 Human Celestone

Blending Water Fire

Start NPC Leader of Immolation (133,756)
    Required Mission Fugacity Ghost Realm

Mission #1 Now it might be abit confusing here if you have previously gotten the freeze/flame pearl you will need to collect the opposite one this time from Dark Janitor from Hell. But there is an easier way to finish it. During your fugacity ghost realm quest after you get your pearl of freeze, pass it to someone who has the quest pearl of flame and ask them to pass you their pearl of flame. Then kill the **** Janitor again to get the pearl of freeze/flame again. Otherwise if you prefer normal way just kill the Dark Janitor

Monster Locale Cave of Sadistic Glee , Opposite room from **** Janitor

Reward 1 Grade 7 Fiery Red Soulstone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    according to OP he has the orbs already.. so no need to post the guide here.. this is something for a ticket or the technical problems forum
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You have the orbs...but have you killed the bosses?

Kill 2 bosses in the Cave of Sadistic Glee and you'll be able to turn in the quest.

Edit: I reread the original post and see that you did kill them. Very odd. I've seen this happen with people had the orbs from helping others do their quest and saved them. But since you killed the bosses AFTER you received the quest, you shouldn't be having this problem. Tech support time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys,

We are in the process of reviewing this quest line and making some changes to it.

As some of you may know, what orb you get also depends on which tower you visited in the Twin Towers quest line (which is a pre-req to acquiring the fire/water orb quest).

We understand this is confusing for you ( and for as well b:cry ) but for now, just hang on to the orbs and we'll see what we can do.

b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    kantorek wrote: »
    Hey guys,

We are in the process of reviewing this quest line and making some changes to it.

As some of you may know, what orb you get also depends on which tower you visited in the Twin Towers quest line (which is a pre-req to acquiring the fire/water orb quest).

We understand this is confusing for you ( and for as well b:cry ) but for now, just hang on to the orbs and we'll see what we can do.

b:bye

I think I visited both towers. O_o
  • kantorek
    edited March 2009
    I think I visited both towers. O_o

Are you sure you completed both towers?
    If you visit one of the towers and receive the Chaos/Phanstimor stone, the quest should complete and you would not be able to get the stone from the other tower.

Edit: Moving this over to Quest tips.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do you mean the quest where you had to visit the vieled tower and tower of darkness? If so...I went to both of those and got a stone. I don't remember what happened after that. lol
  • kantorek
    edited April 2009
    sorry this probably isnt the correct forum but I tried everything, even pressing the GM button but no response, and this time i'd like an answer.

I went into the cave, killed the bosses and I have the water and fire orb in my inventory, yet when I go seek the immolation leader his quest flag is grey as if I haven't got everything he wants.

My quest log says this:
    Arch evil: collect fire orb (1/1)

Please i'm not a complete idiot, I have these both in my inventory when I talk to him, I tried putting them in my bank+ taking them out but he still wont let me hand my quest in. Why?!

Hello Reikara, please head into Cave of Sadistic Glee and kill the Onyxian Transience again. This should allow you to turn in the Fire Orb to the Leader of Immolation.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BENTOBOX - Sanctuary
    BENTOBOX - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have the same problem.

I already killed both bosses in the cave, then when I turn in the quest at the leader of Immolation camp, I end up with only a water orb and no Fire orb.

I went back in and killed both bosses again, no orbs. So is this quest Glitched?

How do I finish it?

Thanks.
  • XeroLan - Heavens Tear
    XeroLan - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This quest has been a major pain in my rear for almost 10 levels now, and at this point I'm pretty sure it's not even worth the hassle.
  • BENTOBOX - Sanctuary
    BENTOBOX - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This quest has been a major pain in my rear for almost 10 levels now, and at this point I'm pretty sure it's not even worth the hassle.

Did you guys send any tickets to pw support? I just got to this quest last week and thought i was doing something wrong. So i am not the only one. Humm people must be trashing it and moving on. too bad :(
  • Barbidoll - Sanctuary
    Barbidoll - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well I think this is how it goes:

1) need to go in and kill both bosses...then go to the NPC and he'll give u the water sumthing quest that asks for the water and fire orb

2) depending on your decision on that low lvl quest (i don't remember the name) the one to either let out the demon or say no way Jose...if u let it out (you evil u) and got your awesome reward at that moment when you get this quest you'll recieve fire orb - ALWAYS

If you were a good person you didn't let the demon out and u got only reputation when turned to the NPC with the promise that u'll get somthing in the future...you will get water orb - ALWAYS (btw the friking water orb looks like a mag shard so look...yes you might have it)

3) The trick is to squad with ppl who has different orbs and repeat (kill the bosses more than one time) to get repeat orbs and then u can trade the extra ones so u can get the orb that u (because of ur choice) don't get.

4) Is recommended that you leave ur orb in the bank and repeat/keep killing bosses to assure u get more orbs.

5) If you want to help others hold on in turning in quest and keep squadding to keep getting orbs so u can help others...or sell em hehe...not sure if u can do catshop but u can trade em ^^

6) What I have been told by others - you might not get and orb, some ppl of the squad may or may not get and orb - is a chance thing so keep trying (killing the two bosses over and over...yes it sucks)

7) also if u turn the quest in u r done - no more orbs for YOU! So hold on - don't turn in and keep getting more orbs and help others ;)

8) I recommend having 2 clerics on ur team...some barbs might not have enough life and u might wanna keep em alive with BB and one healing cuz of the random spikes these bosses do O.o

Good Luck and don't blame me if it does not work for u - ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XeroLan - Heavens Tear
    XeroLan - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Did you guys send any tickets to pw support? I just got to this quest last week and thought i was doing something wrong. So i am not the only one. Humm people must be trashing it and moving on. too bad :(

Yes, one squad I was in contacted a GM in-game who said it wasn't bugged. I later sent in a support ticket and a few days later was told they're aware of the issue with this and the Volcanic Ambassador quest and said not to trash it. I've tried several times now to do this quest, I gave someone else my fire orb but ever since I've never been able to get it to drop again. I've killed the boss at least 10 or 11 times by now, so either it's bugged or there's a super low drop rate. Anyway, just another quest to keep in my log "just in case", lol.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This quest is STILL broken, and we could really use it fixed soon. PLEASE!

And yes I know the thread is necro'd, but the problem is still with us. Please fix ASAP PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • skeeter82
    skeeter82 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Agreed, I just attempted the quest myself and I have the water orb, but now I am unable to get the fire orb, no matter how many times I kill the Onyxian Transience. The quest reward is just a flawless sapphire/garnet, so it's not a huge loss if you can't complete it, but personally, I would like the reward for killing the bosses because they were in no way easy. I spoke to a support rep on live chat and he indicated also that I would have to squad with someone that needs The Arch Evil quest and HASN'T turned in after the water orb is obtained. I am yet to test this, but it sounds fairly consistent with what I've been hearing here. So to break it down, if you haven't done the quest yet, kill both bosses before you turn in The Arch Evil quest. This should produce both orbs. Then you can turn in and received the second part of the quest in which you would ordinarily have to kill the second boss, but you will be able to turn in immediately because you already have the second orb. I hope this wasn't too confusing and I hope it helps. if it doesn't, don't shoot the messenger.b:chuckle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Agreed, I just attempted the quest myself and I have the water orb, but now I am unable to get the fire orb, no matter how many times I kill the Onyxian Transience.

*responds to necro*

Did you read the quest at all? The second quest (to get the opposing orb) SAYS you need to find a friend to get it and generously give it to you. You can NOT get it as a drop. This is why people go in, some with the FIRST quest as fire, some with the FIRST quest as water, and trade orb drops around till everyone has both. You are a bit screwed because you already handed in quest 1 and thereby no longer have your bargaining chip of being able to get the other orb for someone else. You'll just have to find a generous group or buy it from a catshop.
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *responds to necro*

Did you read the quest at all? The second quest (to get the opposing orb) SAYS you need to find a friend to get it and generously give it to you. You can NOT get it as a drop. This is why people go in, some with the FIRST quest as fire, some with the FIRST quest as water, and trade orb drops around till everyone has both. You are a bit screwed because you already handed in quest 1 and thereby no longer have your bargaining chip of being able to get the other orb for someone else. You'll just have to find a generous group or buy it from a catshop.

this^

People should read the quest sometimes b:bye
  • Ludias - Lost City
    Ludias - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ok ive also tried getting both orbs, killed the boss for the fire orb several times and still cant get it yet i have the water orb.. so many different reason why.. jus need to know what to do here
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I just did this quest last week for some guildies. It's neither bugged nor very hard. You only get quest for 1 orb or the other depending on which tower quest you did earlier. Simplest way is get one person needing water and one needing fire. Kill one boss and give the orb to some who doesn't need. Then kill the other boss and give same person the orb. then do 1st boss again and pass the orb. kill 2nd boss again. You now have 2 of each orb. give to people who need them and they can turn in. if you try to turn in only one orb you will glitch it.
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I did the demon release on the tower quest.

I did not have the fire orb until killing Onyx Trans

then i turned in the quest & it gave me the option to get the water orb.

The quest does not say to get others to give it to you in my quest log.
    it say one who kills onyx gets fire
    one who kills alabast gets water

we killed the water beast but got no water orb, so i would assume its because the firse stone was in our inventory.

we will kill it again tomorrow or the next day without the fire orbs to see if we get it then.

I will post back with the results. =)
  • HollyMcBeal - Sanctuary
    HollyMcBeal - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    80 Cleric - Completed the Arch Evil quest with Squad, killing Onyx and Alabaster Transiences. Received 1 Ult Water Orb and 2 Ult Fire Orbs. Turned in the quest to Immolation Camp Chief -- received the Water and Fire quest.

Got new squad and killed Alabaster 4 times..no Water orb. Tried killing Onyx again, no drop. Still have Fire Orb in bank.

Quest text says One who killed the boss should have the orb. Tanker did not get anything either time. -- No drops but for coin, pots, etc.

Reporting this to PWI Support for what it's worth...
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    80 Cleric - Completed the Arch Evil quest with Squad, killing Onyx and Alabaster Transiences. Received 1 Ult Water Orb and 2 Ult Fire Orbs. Turned in the quest to Immolation Camp Chief -- received the Water and Fire quest.

Got new squad and killed Alabaster 4 times..no Water orb. Tried killing Onyx again, no drop. Still have Fire Orb in bank.

Quest text says One who killed the boss should have the orb. Tanker did not get anything either time. -- No drops but for coin, pots, etc.

Reporting this to PWI Support for what it's worth...

Epic double necro.

And you only get the orb if you have the quest to kill him
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When you guys said once you turned in the first orb, then you can't get the other orb any more. Has anyone tried to trash the quest to start over? Since you don't have the second orb, the quest is not completed.

Anyone know if that works to get around 'glitch'?