I am stuck at 42, Please help

Malena_Vazin - Lost City
Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok lvl 42 sucks for me, only 2 quest avalible excluding DQ, Stones and Army of one. I don't have the money to waste on the daily or the DQ leaving me with army of one, the problem, I am a mage. If i am lucky to survive a fight I have to regen for a few min just to go and almost die again. I was at 50% when I started. went down to 38, than back up to 50 thanks to a few FB than die 2 more time and back at 40. thats at least 80k EXP and mobs are only giving me about 200XEP, so I am stuck unable to go any further.
Post edited by Malena_Vazin - Lost City on

Comments

• Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello Malena,

First of all I want you to say with me : "I am not stuck!" (Lol)
    Well ...i assure you that you are not stuck, you just got the first glimpse of how the future will look like and you haven't gotten used to the whole panorama.

Yes, when you hit lev 40+ your quests are pretty thin (to nothing), but from the start i say to you : DO THE CRAZY STONE QUEST if leveling is what interests you. Spending about 8000 coins once a day on 30.000 + exp is a VERY good deal trust me. Further more 8000 coins per day should not be an issue on a level 40+ no matter how expensive your character is.

What you will have to do to level up is grind mainly (FB runs is also a viable option, but is a not as common). Now concerning grind : i don't know what monsters you go for, but you should try some with a lower level than the ones that give you so much trouble now. So this is actually your only problem for now : choose the appropriate creeps. After that : sweetness follows. I am not going to start saying what grind spots are best for your level as you can search this on the forum yourself, and you will have some answers from which to choose what fits you best. But you need to keep in mind that is also important what the creeps drop. For instance i can make about 50.000 coins (even more if the creeps also drop pet food that I can auction later) for one hour of grind and i am level 44 (so, not that far from yours). I am an archer so i don't use pots (unless really needed) and my repair is quite slim (weapon only in general; armor doesn't need repair when fighting against monster that have magic damage , not physical) so i get to keep most of the 50k. When I do this money in 1 hour, paying 8000 coins for the crazy stone quest is really chump of change.

In conclusion : find the monsters that fit your skill, your level (they can be as far as 5 levels lower than you, with the condition that you are able to farm them fast) and give you a fair amount of money. Soon you will wake up level 60 and go TT !!! :P

Good luck !
    NOTE: I said I won't point you to grinding spot necessarily , but you may want to try level 40 Lofty Pterosaurs underneath Heaven Tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lofty Pterosaurs drop lots of DQ items

Foxwing of void is another good mob (use fire shield, weak vs gush)

Remember to use distance shrink and keep them slowed with gush. And if you accidently DS into another mob, drop out of the sky. It's saved me more than once.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Thanks guys. Being the an RPG fan in general I decided to rethink my tactics, I was grinding on Senile Ibis near the swift wind tribe, their atacks could take me out in around 4 hits and they liked to interrupt my channeling. I realised that stone shield boosted defense so upgraded that as much as possible (selling a bunch of DQ i had to do so) but I now use Divine pyro to start, slow them with gush move back burn them for dps than normal Pyro than Phoneix than finish off with another pyro, they only manage one hit but it is not that bad now. I can take about 4 down before I meditate.

Edit: yeah I am planning on going back to lofty, i had 30+ rubyhead herbs from last time I grinded them. and as for distance shrink, i have found that to be a useless spell.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    distance shrink is not a useless spell, it a spell that can easilly get u out of trouble or keep distance from a mob. its basically a reverse pheonix that doesnt do dmg, u can DS back to keep mobs away and give u more time to cast.

as seen wiz in PvP use DS to keep a BM away from them so they can get another nuke in only saw it once so dunno if its just him or its most wiz, but it seems like a viable tactic for PvP vs bm and barbs

of course getting the timing for distance shrink could be tricky, but thats personal experience and skill that u need to build for it to work.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Hmm if it really is useful i guess i will have to practice a bit.