Gear for 7x Levels

Nayethe - Lost City
Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
I was curious as to what gear some of the higher level Clerics in this game use/used during their 7xs. Since I finally got my Watcher of the Skies wings, I can finally spend a lot more coin on gear (and skills), and I want to have good gear. I've been stuck with second-rate stuff far too long.

My build is nearly pure MAG, though I have some VIT so I live a bit longer.

Anyway, here's what I've got laid out so far:
Sleeves of the Sea Captain - for channeling reduction and above-average defenses
Snow Dance Pants (TT 70 robe, why is it called "pants"? ><) - for the boost in MAG
Dark Pants of Hades - for above average defenses and the VIT boost
Viper's Seal - to make up for my lack in p.def, plus it gives a little boost to MAG
Necklace of the Legion - for the boost to MAG and VIT, and the channeling reduction is always nice
Sakyamuni's Light - since it's more powerful than the TT70 swords, and for the nice boost to p.def

For the rest of my gear, I'm going to fill it up with some nice 3* stuff. Good gear set for a robe user? Any changes you'd suggest?

All constructive comments are very welcome!
Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
~Reviction~
Post edited by Nayethe - Lost City on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If +mag is something you're going for, this is a good ring if you can find it:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8391

don't get the fb69 cape(Cape of Tauran Chieftain), not worth it to robed wearers.

there's a few mold hats good for the 70s, but you don't need them. if you can, try to get a helm of the elements and refine it up real nice.

just normal 3* boots.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I certainly agree on the cape, I actually dropped one during an untabbed fb69 run and sold it anyway despite having a ridiculously large sum of coin on me already, while very good its just not a whole lot better than a basic cape for a robe wearer.

As far as cape and hat go, I would suggest just looking for good blue stats, dont even look at the number of stars. I picked up a 1 star level 71 hat with 2*69phys def, 3str and 3 socks for only 50k, its a lot better than any 3 stars I've seen. My cape is still a level 57, it has +50hp, +60hp and 3str on it with 3 sockets too, for a robe wearer that isn't far off the cape of tauren chieftan.

That ring Forp mentioned is awesome, but it costs an awful lot (3-4mill on Heavens Tear), if you check around you can get some pretty awesome rings for around 100-200k. I have a 3 star lvl 68 ring that gives +9 magic with base +59mag attack, thats not actually that far behind the demon heart.

Vipers Seal? Consider something else, maybe a standard phys def belt, its not actually anything special. I intend on using the belt from the seven seals quest instead for the time being as I believe it to be better. There are TT ornaments too, though they are pretty pricey.

Remember that str can contribute to your mag if you are willing to pay for a reset note.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I personally have all HH70 armor, four sockets and all of them imbued with shards. (A ton of work however and mr. jolly saved me with the shards...made flawless so much easier and cheaper to make....b:pleased).

The good thing about the Snow Dance Pants is that you can have the boost in mag and then put shards to make up for the hp. You can get a lot more hp out of the shards then you can the vit. The same goes for pdef. Shards can go a long way...

And I have to agree with Isaphet on the robes. I still wear a level 58 robe but I have yet to find one that is better and will serve my needs. 3* does not always mean the better....

It really is a personal choice. But keep in mind...at least in my opinion....LVL80 gear is not all that impressive. You may want to consider that a little bit before making a final decision on which way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Things you want on armor/neck/belt:
    +HP
    +Vitality
    +Physical Defense
    +Reduce % Phys
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    +Reduce % Phys

We're not all made out of money D:
  • Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree. Not all of us are made of money. That is why I'm not sure I want to get the Demon's Heart Ring right away. It would make me kill faster, but I still can't survive many hits. That's why I feel that getting myself Dark Pants of Hades first will be the best plan, since they will boost my survivability.

Other than that, I was also considering dropping Viper's Seal for a good elemental belt. I do not PvP very much at all, and mobs rarely ever do physical damage anymore, so that extra defense is being wasted. I'm considering the TT70 belt, as it adds VIT. However, it looks very very expensive to obtain, so I'm not sure that it would be my best bet. Pirate King's Seal at level 77 also seems a good bet. Any thoughts?
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree. Not all of us are made of money. That is why I'm not sure I want to get the Demon's Heart Ring right away. It would make me kill faster, but I still can't survive many hits. That's why I feel that getting myself Dark Pants of Hades first will be the best plan, since they will boost my survivability.

Other than that, I was also considering dropping Viper's Seal for a good elemental belt. I do not PvP very much at all, and mobs rarely ever do physical damage anymore, so that extra defense is being wasted. I'm considering the TT70 belt, as it adds VIT. However, it looks very very expensive to obtain, so I'm not sure that it would be my best bet. Pirate King's Seal at level 77 also seems a good bet. Any thoughts?

The belt is the one thing I do not have...and yes it is expensive but if you feel lucky you can try for those black orbs....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If your thinking of goin for the TT70 belt, and if its 4-5 VIT, then im pretty sure you can find something in the auction with similar or more stats for the same or less amount. The downside is that you gotta watch the auction like every few hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan