Veno and PvE Only Advice Here Please!

Xorandia - Heavens Tear
Xorandia - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
I keep reading the forums searching for a clear cut PVE Veno build advice yet again and again what little I do find can only be gleaned out of Veno PvP threads about armor, pets and skills.

I love my faction-(guild)-but have made it plan I am not interested in anything Pk, or Pvp or TW. Been there, done that in other games.

PLEASE no flaming, or telling me why I must pk, pvp, or TW. Thank you.

Here the game PvE content and crafting are my thing. I love PW and choose the Heavens Tear server for that reason.

And I know I am not alone in my search for this kind of info for ALL the classes. We are out there.

SO, lol, I would Love to hear from some real experts about Veno and a great PvE Build, Armor, Pets and skills.

Thank you for reading. Hope to hear from you.

Xan b:flower and please make this a sticky.
Post edited by Xorandia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• sephere
    sephere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I play on pve server, and the two builds I love the best, are the pure arcane build and the heavy/arcane hybrid.

The pure arcane:
    every point you can manage to MAG, rest to STR as needed for robe/weapons

This form uses caster human form the most
    you have great pet heal, squishy defense

The Heavy/arcane hybrid:
    points needed to MAG for weapon,points needed to DEX for armor, rest to STR
    I like to use two heavy armors, then the other two robe/arcane; it's kinda fun because you can look at armor pics and mix them up to look good as you like

This uses foxform most, caster human form second I suppose
    you have great defense, ok pet heal (can take some damage if you get aggro accidently)
  • Xorandia - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Oh, thank you for the basic Build Info!
    Much appreciated!

Big hug!
    Xan
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pure pve build is simple.

Pure mag + Golem....thats a pro pve build. lol

And if you got the cash to spend, get a battle pet. Get a herc if you wanna live in dungeons. Get a phoenix if you prefer easy grinding outside.
  • Vazil - Sanctuary
    Vazil - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you are strictly PvE, then I would suggest the arcane build. You nuke, pet tanks.
    However, I differ slightly from most because I don't put everything into INT (and enough STR for armors). Instead, I got my STA (or health or whatever it is - haven't touched it in 20 levels) up to 60 for the added HP then left it alone.
    I did this for two reasons: 1) unexpected adds/pull aggro from pet (can be nasty in TT solo when this happens) and AOE bosses. I have enough HP I can survive the unexpected without doing serious damage to my nuking.
    Further, even chain casting (gotta love macros), I seldom steal aggro from my pet(s).
    With this build, I can clear over 160 mobs in an hour with just my golem - no real drop in power with the extra HP. I have also survived pet death in TT2 solo while I summoned a second pet.
    Just something extra to consider.
  • sephere
    edited March 2009
    Pure pve build is simple.

Pure mag + Golem....thats a pro pve build. lol

And if you got the cash to spend, get a battle pet. Get a herc if you wanna live in dungeons. Get a phoenix if you prefer easy grinding outside.

Ur, theres nothing wrong with foxform type in pve, for one your not as reliant on mana to attack.
    Doesn't mean you don't let your pet tank for you though. As you can heal them, its just better strategy to let the pets tank.
    You're just backup melee dps/debuffer, with heals.

If you're worried about attack, the nukes aren't too bad, and physical attacks in foxform have a lot of attack speed.
  • Xorandia - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I really appreciate this info. I do wish to know about the pet skills you learn with scrolls? or is it books? This is a topic I have not been able to make heads or tails about. (no pun intended).

At the moment I have a heartless wolf and The bear cub who is proving to be quite the tank. I named him Honeyboy.

Do you think the S. cub is decent? He certainly is performing well.

Again, many thanks.

Xan
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just to add on Fox Form. Going with a Heavy Armor (Plate and Pants) and Arcane (Boots and Bracers) with a good touch of Evasion can work very well. You are not squishy and if you learn up Bramble Guard you can make short work of most enemies even while they smack you around a bit. With Soul Tranfusion and going Apothecary you can use either Mana or HP restoring items and always have plenty of whichever you need whenever you need it making you have 2 HP or MP bars as you see fit. (I survive SO many things that others do not because of that one skill and having so much of both HP & MP)

Some of the Debuff skills for Fox are not useful on PvE but Amp Damage, Befuddling Mist (Especially with an Evasive Pet (Read: NOT GOLEM)), & Stunning Blow are VERY VERY useful and you can deal some serious damage. I put out easily enough Physical Damage with a weapon lower than most of my Mage Veno counterparts to keep up with and often exceed their killing power and can steal back health using Leech to add insult to injury on my foes.

I wil say that Fox has several skills later on that are very much better for PvP than PvE but that does mean you cannot play one pure PvE (I do). It is a lot about how you want to play though because some people cannot handle that level of multitasking between you and your pet both fighting and watching those bars and such. For some the "Pet Tanks and I throw Spells or play Pet Cleric" model is easier and more enjoyable. I for one would be bored to tears playing that style ; P so I go for a more hands...? Paws on approach. (Oh and one side note, you won't die picking that herb or mining that mineral because something spawned ontop of you as a Fox...Good luck as a Squishy Mage heehee)
  • sephere
    edited March 2009
    I really appreciate this info. I do wish to know about the pet skills you learn with scrolls? or is it books? This is a topic I have not been able to make heads or tails about. (no pun intended).

At the moment I have a heartless wolf and The bear cub who is proving to be quite the tank. I named him Honeyboy.

Do you think the S. cub is decent? He certainly is performing well.

Again, many thanks.

Xan

You can get skillbooks to level up a current skill, or add one if you have space.
    Mrs Zoologist also sells forget scrolls to erase one, in order to add another.

The skillbooks range from 150k to 200k, pretty expensive starting out.
    to upgrade your pet's skill lvl first make sure it fits the lvl requirement below

Level 20 - 2
    Level 40 - 3
    Level 60 - 4
    Level 80 - 5

Then go to Mrs Zoologist in South Archosaur.

Next click pet item to buy the "tame pet" book. that is what you need to upgrade pet skills. You don't need to buy a skill pet scroll of a particular skill.
    Make sure you have the pet summoned that you want to upgrade the skills for.
    Then go to "learn pet skills" in Mrs zoologist's main menu.
    The skills you can upgrade for your summoned pet will appear in the list.
    I believe you also have to have enough spirit, which mrs zoologist will list.

I hope that helps :)