How do you avoid healing your enemy (PvP)?

Delia - Harshlands
Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
I don't do a lot of PKing, so this is probably a stupid question, but...

How do clerics manage to heal themselves rather than an enemy during PK? It works perfectly in duels (your buffs help you not your target, just like against monsters), but when I ran into a Pker I ended up healing him over and over again whenever I tried to heal myself, no matter what I did to try to avoid it.

So... how do you do it, or can you?
Post edited by Delia - Harshlands on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The best thing to do when you need to heal is to sleep your target, but you don't get that skill until 49. What you'll have to do is click on the picture of your character in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. Upon channeling your last heal, reselect the person and continue attacking.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i heal the target when i was laggingb:surrenderb:angry that's why i hate lag
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    press esc to de-target them and you'll be able to heal yourself
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Or click on your icon in the top left corner to target yourself to heal then click on the enemy to target them again?
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I tried both methods during the fight, but every time he hit me I auto-targeted him, and that's where my heals went *:-\

I haven't gotten a seal yet, when chromatic comes I'll try that, thanks.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The ESC button dont always work since if the target attacks you again it will appear again as opponent.
    And selecting the upper left icon it works, but remember... PW suxs at changing targets, so you have to wait about 1 second before spamming ironheart. Its like being on a FB, after switching you wait at least 1 sec (in my case that works)
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The best thing to do when you need to heal is to sleep your target, but you don't get that skill until 49. What you'll have to do is click on the picture of your character in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. Upon channeling your last heal, reselect the person and continue attacking.
    press esc to de-target them and you'll be able to heal yourself

^^ i rarely lag anyway.. unless some bish massive downloading something
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The ESC button dont always work since if the target attacks you again it will appear again as opponent.
    And selecting the upper left icon it works, but remember... PW suxs at changing targets, so you have to wait about 1 second before spamming ironheart. Its like being on a FB, after switching you wait at least 1 sec (in my case that works)

That's the beauty of it. You esc, heal yourself, and then when u get shot again you can put up plume and start fighting back without ever having to reselct a target ^^. Works wonders in group pvp. Except you dont fight back as a cleric, you put them to sleep and assist on the DD/heal.
  • Afre - Heavens Tear
    Afre - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In other mmorpgs I found the tab key to be incredibly useful when it comes to target switching, but it doesn't do that here =/. What advice would you (more experienced players) give to newbies like me regarding target switching?